Sovereign Studio: all outstanding orders coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered and paid for a Keaton Batman in Febuary 2008. Seeing as how it is now March 2009 I would really like an update.

As I have stated to Shawn in previous messages that I have sent and have had no answers to, please have the decency to at least reply back to me.

cheers

I think I ordered this around the same time along with several other commissions...so far I have only recieved the one I ordered from Hurricane...and that was last summer.

I don't mind the wait, but it would seem to me that if you are going to require payment (and this isn't directed at Shawn specifically, just a general statement for all customizers who take on commissions) in full before any work starts, you should probably try and produce the item in some type of agreed time frame between you and the patron. I understand that art, design and the engineering that goes into these takes time (I'm an architect, we deal with the same types of things except our end product is different) but I think Les has the right idea going forward with only charging a partial amount upfront and requiring the remaining balance upon completion. It is not only fair, but it would eliminate the need to come up with additional funds not generated by the commission needed to ship it. And if unforseen things in production should arise, you can explain that to the patron and ask for additional funds. That's a lot easier to swallow in the beginning than in the end when you have waited over a year for something and the reality is there is not enough cash flow to follow through. It would also make it easier for that patron to find another buyer given that their buyout cost would be much lower.

Shawn, I hope you can deliver soon so you can take some other commissions cause you make some tight @$$ stuff!

Just talked with Shawn. He has a bunch of stuff boxed and ready to ship, including Keatons and his last run of Newts. He's also still having computer problems, slow download speeds, etc and he's working on clearing that up. He said thanks for your patience, he's just about caught up so many of you will be receive your stuff very soon.

Re: Arm and leg Skins. Shawn was not entirely happy with his old method and has been developing a new method which he finally cracked for improved arm and leg skins so look for an update on that soon as well.

Has anyone heard anymore from Shawn regarding merchandise? I thought my Scarecrow head was supposed to ship a month ago. No biggie, I just want to make sure I didn't miss it somehow.

Still waitin for my Scarecrow too, or even a reply to my pms would be nice

I know he's not answering emails or pm's (which is incredibly convenient for someone who takes money in advance) but I wanted to make sure this dude hasn't forgotten about my Mola Ram custom under the former username of Ashton16.

Notice someone received theirs in March of '09. Awesome. Let the good times roll.

I ordered $230 worth of stuff in october last year. I can't get any reply from him. Does anyone know if I can claim it back on paypal?

I know he's not answering emails or pm's (which is incredibly convenient for someone who takes money in advance) but I wanted to make sure this dude hasn't forgotten about my Mola Ram custom under the former username of Ashton16.

Notice someone received theirs in March of '09. Awesome. Let the good times roll.

That would be me...cant say im that happy with it to me honest. The necklace around Mola rams neck has more or less fallen apart. The arm skin has discoloured. Its never been touched, only just stood on my shelf next to the SS Indy. I only got my order back then because i said id open a paypal dispute if i didnt. A few weeks later the figure appeared at my door. It was still delayed though by a few weeks and to be fair Shawn did apologise...However when i returned to the mola ra thread a while back i noticed Shawn was adding extras to other Mola ram sets that i didnt have and which i thought i had paid for...i was never sent these extras. To be honest im tempted to sell my Mola ram...iv enjoyed it but i was disapointed with the quality

That would be me...cant say im that happy with it to me honest. The necklace around Mola rams neck has more or less fallen apart. The arm skin has discoloured. Its never been touched, only just stood on my shelf next to the SS Indy. I only got my order back then because i said id open a paypal dispute if i didnt. A few weeks later the figure appeared at my door. It was still delayed though by a few weeks and to be fair Shawn did apologise...However when i returned to the mola ra thread a while back i noticed Shawn was adding extras to other Mola ram sets that i didnt have and which i thought i had paid for...i was never sent these extras. To be honest im tempted to sell my Mola ram...iv enjoyed it but i was disapointed with the quality

I was in the same boat and threatened to take action and he ended up sending me mine but like you said the quality was poor and I was not satisfied so I put it up on ebay to make back what I spent on it. The figure reaked of cigarette smoke which I'm allergic to and had a lot of dust on it.

Sorry to hear about your Mola Ram, dude. That really does suck.

The only customizer I've had a pleasant experience with was the guy who built my Interrogation Room Dio (can't even remember his ID to give him props--very sorry, guy). It's immaculately detailed and he had it at my door in like 2 months, when most can't paint a head in less than 1 year.

Anyway, someone will remember his name hopefully. I highly recommend that guy. Anyone else...not so much. I've had a $100 Les Joker head on order for well over a year now. That would've been a great downpayment on a DX Hot Toys Joker...but hey...them are the breaks.

On a lighter note? A sucky Mola Ram beats the hell out of no Mola Ram at all, I suppose. Chin up haha

I am still waiting on a Maximus for a long long time. I pmed Shawn and normally he is pretty quick on the response but I havent heard back yet......Hey Shawn...any updates?

I reallllly don't want to leave negative feedback on eBay, but by the time my sleeves get here, the ebay page will become invalid...

Back