Sovereign Studio: all outstanding orders coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEATON BATMAN figures.... putting those together now, will have at least 3 of the 7 outstanding shipping next week. I really wanted these done by now, but poor Batman was the primary victim of the latex problem. And I did a quick rework on the Keaton head to make him look more brooding and less surprised. The b/w pics are the reworked head, color is the original.

progress1.jpg

:drool :drool :drool

mola ram is looking fantastic!!! im so pleased im on board with this...the headress looks stunning!!! so detailed and i love the shrunken head very nice touch!!

Shawn,
Sent you a PM regarding the 2 Newts I have on order...just wondering where I am on the list. Paid back in June.
Thanks,
Bob

Hey Shawn, did those three Bats go out last week and was my order one of em?:rock2 :naughty

Shawn,

I also would like to know if one of these 3 Batmans was mine, you know, the one I paid for nearly a year ago.

As I mentioned in recent PM's to you of which there has been no reply, at least have the decency to contact me.

Zedex9r

Yes but have you ever thought that the reason he`s not in contact is because he is away actually doing the work and finishing the customs

Shawn does have his work cut out for him. He did even mentioned that he ran out of material to complete the new Batman orders. So I can understand he is trying not communicate cause he needs to focus and get up to speed with all outstanding orders. But a drop in here or there won't hurt either. In any case, Shawn, keep knocking these orders out and take what ever time you need.

I understand your point calvarenga, as I do many custom art projects for myself and others (not figures), and it's sooo hard to find the time to work on the things I enjoy. . . BUT I've got to come out in zedex9r's corner. We're not alone either it seems, since I noticed another complaint in one of his threads (about a missing Indiana Jones figure I think).

I bought a Keaton figure from Shawn more than 4 years ago, and Shawn has not recitified the problems with my figure. He was a pleasure to deal with during the initial transaction, and the (magnificent-looking) figure came remarkably fast. After a few days, the rubber part of the gloves developed a tear. Shawn was again very nice and indicated that it was probably a bad batch of rubber with too much dye. He offered to send replacements since I was okay with attaching them myself. Nothing came and he didn't reply to my next two emails. Then 10 months later he finally replied to another email with an excuse about a computer crash. Still nothing came. He replied again the next year and blamed the wife for deleting emails. No replacements arrived and no further reply.

I contacted him once the following year, but I'd pretty well given up. I tried contacting some ebay custom sellers looking for just the gloves to no avail. Then I found this site a few months ago, and I PMed him, but I see that he doesn't mind that very closely. I've never once taken an angry tone, and I haven't bombarded him with messages. At this point, I'd happily pay for the replacement gloves so I can display this beautiful figure with his hands showing. Anyways, I hate having to air this out in the forum, but I can't get any reply by email or PM, and it's my experience that Shawn is not altogether reliable.

Anyways, as long as I'm bringing it up, is there anyone else that can help me out with a set of replacement gauntlets? My figure has plastic/resin hands and fins/blades while the rest of the glove is rubbery. I'd be alright with one piece molded gloves/hands, since I'm comfortable enough with that kind of mod. Here's an image of the figure when the gloves were starting to fall apart. Not long after the photos, they both detached completely.

batglovetear.jpg

I understand your point calvarenga, as I do many custom art projects for myself and others (not figures), and it's sooo hard to find the time to work on the things I enjoy. . . BUT I've got to come out in zedex9r's corner. We're not alone either it seems, since I noticed another complaint in one of his threads (about a missing Indiana Jones figure I think).

I bought a Keaton figure from Shawn more than 4 years ago, and Shawn has not recitified the problems with my figure. He was a pleasure to deal with during the initial transaction, and the (magnificent-looking) figure came remarkably fast. After a few days, the rubber part of the gloves developed a tear. Shawn was again very nice and indicated that it was probably a bad batch of rubber with too much dye. He offered to send replacements since I was okay with attaching them myself. Nothing came and he didn't reply to my next two emails. Then 10 months later he finally replied to another email with an excuse about a computer crash. Still nothing came. He replied again the next year and blamed the wife for deleting emails. No replacements arrived and no further reply.

I contacted him once the following year, but I'd pretty well given up. I tried contacting some ebay custom sellers looking for just the gloves to no avail. Then I found this site a few months ago, and I PMed him, but I see that he doesn't mind that very closely. I've never once taken an angry tone, and I haven't bombarded him with messages. At this point, I'd happily pay for the replacement gloves so I can display this beautiful figure with his hands showing. Anyways, I hate having to air this out in the forum, but I can't get any reply by email or PM, and it's my experience that Shawn is not altogether reliable.

Anyways, as long as I'm bringing it up, is there anyone else that can help me out with a set of replacement gauntlets? My figure has plastic/resin hands and fins/blades while the rest of the glove is rubbery. I'd be alright with one piece molded gloves/hands, since I'm comfortable enough with that kind of mod. Here's an image of the figure when the gloves were starting to fall apart. Not long after the photos, they both detached completely.

batglovetear.jpg

Try and find the Belliken Model on ebay. You can get them cheap from international sellers.

To mwilbury- point taken and I was unaware that they were multiple issues with Shawn, especially to that extent with what you said. I placed my order with him in Mid August of 2008(just about 5 months) and was under the impression that he just started the orders for his 20th Anniversary Keaton Batman. Dealing with some other commissions in this site, usually it takes just about this much time to take the orders, create and fill the orders. I read a post that someone here paid a year ago for this Batman which I feel is way past due to had completed and out to that person. Yes I have also experienced "silence communication" from Shawn. So in other words, yes I do agree with extreme outstanding orders with minimal communication is not right and needs to be address. I think Shawn might be getting ahead of himself and creating too much commissions without finishing the prior ones. It's like almost every week he is offering more and more stuff, which is fine if you at least get to the final stages or complete the older stuff first.

I'd rather have a refund at this point, it takes to long. I think it has been 10 months or more already since i paid. Don't know if Shawn gives refunds though. If somebody wants a keaton bat maybe we can arrange that youll get mine and i get my money back.

:(
To mwilbury- point taken and I was unaware that they were multiple issues with Shawn, especially to that extent with what you said. I placed my order with him in Mid August of 2008(just about 5 months) and was under the impression that he just started the orders for his 20th Anniversary Keaton Batman. Dealing with some other commissions in this site, usually it takes just about this much time to take the orders, create and fill the orders. I read a post that someone here paid a year ago for this Batman which I feel is way past due to had completed and out to that person. Yes I have also experienced "silence communication" from Shawn. So in other words, yes I do agree with extreme outstanding orders with minimal communication is not right and needs to be address. I think Shawn might be getting ahead of himself and creating too much commissions without finishing the prior ones. It's like almost every week he is offering more and more stuff, which is fine if you at least get to the final stages or complete the older stuff first.

This seems to be a common pattern among the more popular customizers here.

It looks like "Greed" is a factor in these cases. How can you justify not completing orders paid for for over a year and yet still offer up and take on new commissions?

Some of these guys dont even have the money to ship these orders once completed that have been paid in full! What's up with that?

Yes, communication goes a long way. I realize life gets in the way, but the least these guys can do is keep their customers informed of whats going on with there stuff. And finish what they started before taking on new work.

Any ways enough of my rant.

I feel for all of you who are waiting, wondering.

I had no idea that people had been waiting for so long regarding certain orders.

Il say this now, iam not prepared to wait another 4 months or so for my Mola ram figure...We were told that we could of had this posted out at xmas but i refused due to the bad xmas posting.

Im simply not prepared to wait another 3 or 4 months without hearing anything....After hearing more of these reports of severe delays iam a little disappointed

Last edited:
I question the ethics of posting grievances against resident customisers in their own threads and i don't think it should be done. However, i do pity the people who have paid good money (some up to a year ago) and have no end product and communication from the seller is zip...
Obviously life issues for some are a factor, however like most things in life, a bit of dialogue goes far. If you have taken money from someone on the basis of a business agreement then CONSTANT communication should be a GIVEN imo. Their is simply NO excuse (FML situation is unique) to not reply to customers questions and smacks of poor business practice.
NOTE: This is a general observation and by no means directed at any one individual. ALL the costomisers on this board including Shawn are great artists however i think communication (Or lack of) rather than any delays are the MAJOR gripe amongst us buyers...

. If you have taken money from someone on the basis of a business agreement then CONSTANT communication should be a GIVEN imo. Their is simply NO excuse (FML situation is unique) to not reply to customers questions and smacks of poor business practice.

Agreed. a practise a certain person on this board doesnt do however that person shall remain nameless....Certainly not shawn and no one in this thread i must that clear!! .

To be honest i cant remember when the Mola rams were first penciled in to be shipped out but i do remember refusing not to have mine posted during the xmas period. I know the Mola rams have had a make over since we last saw him however i wasnt told this via PM or anything.

I still really want the figure but im simply not prepared to wait another 3 or 4 months for it

Back