Sovereign Studio: all outstanding orders coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the continued support, guys. It really means a lot and I truly do appreciate it.

To touch on some of Lee's comments.......
When you're working on a run of something you need to step back occassionally and take a breath or you'll start to turn out really crap work. It's the same principal as sleep; sometimes your brain just needs to reboot. In these times you can do things: you can sit on your butt and do nothing, or you can work on something fresh. I'm not one to sit and do nothing, so I work on something else. Usually, it's a headsculpt. I can get a sculpt from scratch to about 65% in 2-3 hours. Then it goes on a shelf and I go back to work. I'll mess with it a few minutes here and there over the next couple weeks. I even work while I'm eating, food in one hand and headasculpt in the other. I just posted a new Loomis sculpt in the horror section. That thing started about a month ago and, here and there, I finished it the other day. It will sit on the rack now until I can find time to pour a mold.

The Crow figures were done first simply because there were fewer of them to do. I'm rotating; a few days on one thing, a few on another. I wasn't bumping the Crows ahead or anything, that just how it worked out due to the math.

With the few other "new" projects I'm taking orders for, those are being done on a preorder basis. I made it very clear with the Indy stuff that none of it would even go into production until mid January. That's not really a "new" project, as Indy is something I've made for years. I didn't need to sculpt or design anything, I already had everything.

true pieces of art take time to make so take your time Shawn I know all these figures will come out looking better than what we saw online and thanks again for making these figures for us.

Shawn take your time!

I'm also at the prop replicating business and I have runs with several months of waiting, but what the hell! I will not screw my reputation making quick crap, I rather take my time and try to deliver something that will make part of someone's collection for years... and that DESERVES respect, and of course time.

So, as for me regards, take your time, and enjoy working in your art, art can't be done under pressure.

Regarding communication, I always try to have a fluently communication with customers, but if you have a lot of customers, and are one-man-band, then it's perfectly understandable that you simply can't.

Thanks for offering us, your time, and art, for something so simple and ephemeral as money.

Regards,
David

Looks unrepairable. You should sell him to me.:D But really, if you're ever interested in selling him I've been looking for one of Shawn's earlier Bats for a while. Anyways, Jon of CustomWorkz can probably hook you up with a set of molded hands/gauntlets.

hey hey now. easy T-bone. let the man be. or im going to call you coco. coco the monkey :D

Hey Shawn, just checking in to see if there was any updates with the Batman figs.

Well i was promised by Shawn that my order would be going out this month and that i would be giving him to the end of this month to sort out my order...my deadline is slowly closing.

Shawn, I have one of your Crow figures as well as the Newt figure and they so completely rock that anyone who is waiting on one will agree the wait is worth it when they get theirs. :joy I've got a couple of figures currently on order with you, and I'll touch base with you about them at some point, but having seen your work, I am happy to wait for the perfect figures that I know you will create for me. You have proven yourself to me and I am in your corner. :banana

I also understand those who want updates and some kind of assurance that their money hasn't disappeared down a rabbit hole somewhere. I too am in that situation with another artist on our board, but I am trusting in everyone else's belief that there is nothing to worry about and that everything that's been paid for will be delivered as promised. :peace

Everyone hang in there, I think Shawn has proven himself to be a standup guy and he is without a doubt one of our premier artists on this board and any possibility that we'd lose him due to negative posts is a shame and a crime beyond comprehension. :monkey3

Shawn, know your busy. When you get a chance can you please read an email I sent to you. Your PM box was filled. Thanks alot and take care.

Shawn, I have one of your Crow figures
Yeah, and I was totally ignored when I respectfully requested a pic from you, to tie us further down the line some relieving pleasure. Thanks Mig. You know I'll only ask twice. So how about it big girl, got some pics to pleasure us with? :naughty Weese gotsta have us some Crow.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32727&page=9&highlight=Crow
Post 170. Erm, ahem... that is, to say... a full and complete review if you can't post up some pics.

:rotfl :eek: Oh my yes, you did, Creech. Mea culpa, please forgive! Ok, so I'll post pics this weekend of Crow and Newt, to save face as it were. I do so hate overpromising and underdelivering! :D :monkey3

And with all due respect to Shawn, his pics of my Crow don't do it justice. It's a jaw dropper, and that's no bull! :eek:)

Sorry guys! Not ignoring anyone, I promise. Actually, it's a real struggle to stay away from the board. But when I NEED to get stuff done, I have to stay clear. If I even log in to chaeck PMs before I know it I've spent four hours reading stuff!

About 14 packages going out Saturday and Monday!!!!!!

All of the Scarecrow masks and mask/head combos.
The Scarecrow mask/jacket sets
two Crow figures
a couple of Newts
Morethanatimelord's Mola Ram
Lee in MI's Keaton Batman, as well as three more Keatons!

And more to come really soon. I'm catching up fast, and feeling good about it! I'm drinking way too much Dew, but at least I'm not sick from the stress of this workload like I have been. Now, as long as all this soda doesn't make me sick, I'm good.:rotfl

Back