Son of Dengar's Den of Stuff.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on Rocky!! Thanks Talibane! Yeah I wanted it to have that old school feel! As far as the foam goes, it?s a harder foam so it keeps its form very well. I did it so the damn thing wouldn?t be 5 lbs and just fall over! And yeah, Ephant Mon is being cast as we speak. I?m using a very similar technique with him!

Wow, you already sculpted him? Do you have any pics?

I have some rarer on-set pics of Ephant (front and side views as well as hand close-ups) if you need to see them.

Ok so, this is a work in progress! But he?s very close to being done. I cast too much plastic on the front of the bust so it?s too heavy, but it?s feeling very close to being complete! The face was a test right after the sculpt so it?s not a perfect cast. This thing takes a long time to make and it?s a ton of work but, holy $#!+! We are very close to an Ephant Mon figure.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

Son of Dengar killing it again dude!!! I just love the staff and hand that holds it, but the entire thing is a beauty!! Can't wait to paint this bad boy up haha.

Ok so, this is a work in progress! But he?s very close to being done. I cast too much plastic on the front of the bust so it?s too heavy, but it?s feeling very close to being complete! The face was a test right after the sculpt so it?s not a perfect cast. This thing takes a long time to make and it?s a ton of work but, holy $#!+! We are very close to an Ephant Mon figure.

View attachment 466744

View attachment 466745

View attachment 466746

View attachment 466747

View attachment 466748

View attachment 466749

View attachment 466750

Wow! Awesome!!

Dudes. Thanks so much for the kind words guys. I love making this stuff and I'm so psyched I get to unveil it to people who are as stoked about making this stuff as I am. :monkey2

Rocky and I were just talking about customizing Hermi and I realize it might be helpful if I post a bit of a recipe.

So after the amazing paint job from Cagoda, I think you can use any pair of pants. (I went with a creased light tan pair I had laying around.) Then I used a razor blade to shred the bottom of em. Next, I got a roll of a canvas material from the Hobby Lobby to fashion a shirt using a glue gun. Then some pieces of an olive drab t-shirt to make his neck scarf. Finally for his robes, I used a SS Bib Fortuna robe underneath and a Mace Windu Jedi robe on top. They both have extra fabric kept together with an elastic band on the inside, and you can easily use a blade to detach the bundles of cloth. And after use the blade or a dremel bit to shred the bottoms. Of course you can do any kinda thing you want but this is what got me the desired effect for the classic Hermi seen in Return of the Jedi.

Awesome looking Ephant Mon! Here's a video still I found of Ephant in pretty strong lighting:

48785571397_337e816f54_k.jpg

SOD - thanks for the suggestions for costuming Hermi Odle.
And really nice job on Ephant Mon.
Love the way you are engineering these plus-size characters!

Just opened up my Hermi Odle kit.

It is Awesome! Truly a site to behold.

I've always gravitated to the "chunky" characters... (as I typed that, I realized there may be a therapy opportunity there)... anyway... very happy to have this in the collection. I know right where I will put him in the Jabba diorama. Will probably be a while before I actually get to working on him though... still putting together my Wooof, Tessek, and Saelt-Marae.

Anyway - SOD - Looks great.

Very ingenious way of combining the foam and resin on the head/neck to keep it lightweight but also rock solid where it needs it.

Thanks for this-
Dennis

Back