Someone should buy this so that we can blow it away!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dude is dead. I'd have more of a problem with this figure if he were alive. This figure has been around for years, while he was alive and kicking. Why a thread about this now?

:dunno

but there's a new one being released by DiD. i wouldn't buy it though

:dunno

but there's a new one being released by DiD. i wouldn't buy it though

I deleted my post because this thread is also about the bust in the auction, not just the figure.

But my point still stands, the guy is dead. Whatever atrocities he committed, he's a historical figure. The same sorts of people who will want to collect Hitler et al will also want to collect Bin Laden. The tone of discussion about this figure is very different at OSW.

I didn't think DiD were rolling him out - are you sure about that?

I deleted my post because this thread is also about the bust in the auction, not just the figure.

But my point still stands, the guy is dead. Whatever atrocities he committed, he's a historical figure. The same sorts of people who will want to collect Hitler et al will also want to collect Bin Laden. The tone of discussion about this figure is very different at OSW.

I didn't think DiD were rolling him out - are you sure about that?

my bad. it's not DiD it's BBK. got mixed up with the Goering figure, which is by 3R DiD.

https://www.tfh.com.sg/product_details.php?prod_id=2610

the sort of people (like me) who buy historical figures like Hitler and other germans, jap, chinese, korean, french, american, brit, canadian etc etc soldiers will be passing up on this osama-lookalike.

Why are they even selling bin laden figures and who would freakin buy one for that much. Jeez some people.

Why are they even selling bin laden figures and who would freakin buy one for that much. Jeez some people.

Someone most likely trying to cash in on the shock value. I have a friend that collects nothing but nazi stuff and he has the 1/6 hitler along with a whole slew of 1/6 german soldiers. He only buys nazis, I always call him a racist bastard, but hey who am I to tell him what to collect.

I think that some people are just fascinated by real-life evil. It doesn't mean that they necessarily condone or admire any aspect about the person themselves, or are seeking to glorify them in some way.

Others are into historical military figures, and bad guys are part and parcel of the reason why we have heroes at all. Regarding Bin Laden, these are the times we live in and he is this generation's quintessential bad guy.

Like I said, not my cup of tea, but a visit to OSW might enlighten the boardies here at SSF exactly why folks might be interested in buying a Bin Laden figure.

If they released a BD version I might bite, especially if it's packaged up with Saddam in his undies.

Man. This discussion brings back bad memories for me. On OSW a few years ago - I made the "mistake" of saying that I hoped HT would make other Michael Jackson figures. This was when they just announced the very first MJ HT figure.

A few guys there tag-teamed me that there was something wrong with me to want a MJ figure, that he is pure evil, a pervert, etc.

It was a big ugly stink over nothing. I wasn't buying a Hitler figure. It's was frikkin' MJ.

The MJ line has gone a long way since then - I guess I'm not alone in thinking those figures are cool (and liking MJ the artist).

With any hobby . . . ours is no exception either . . . there will be opportunists . . . and there will be those who are unenlightened.

I'm Asian and the most "infamous" 1:6 figure in my collection is a 1:6 figure of Reinhard Heydrich. I purchased it at an FX convention some years ago. It's still MIB/NRFB.

Why did I buy it? At the time back then, I collected WW II figures (Allied & Axis) and the seller at the convention had it a very good selling price. At the time, the figure was a very well made figure in terms of design & quality. I believe ITPS made it, but I could be wrong. Granted, the figure is a representation of an infamous member of the Third Reich in history. Am I glorifying the person by purchasing the figure? No. It's a figure based on an infamous, but yet historical person during a period of our history.

I'm sure there are some who purchased previous 1:6 incarnations of 1:1 infamous people like Fidel Castro, Che, Osama, Saadam based on history.

The latest 1:6 Osama figure you're seeing online is not the first. As with anything . . . if not enough people buy it, then it'll go away and will not be worth anything for collector's like us.

someone just cashing in on the events that happened.
admit there are stupid people out there..
we have seen it.. who would buy a piece of cereal because it looks like a historical figure..
there is nothing wrong with owning figures of history does not make you bad or a supporter..
just a collector...

Last edited:
Man. This discussion brings back bad memories for me. On OSW a few years ago - I made the "mistake" of saying that I hoped HT would make other Michael Jackson figures. This was when they just announced the very first MJ HT figure.

A few guys there tag-teamed me that there was something wrong with me to want a MJ figure, that he is pure evil, a pervert, etc.

It was a big ugly stink over nothing. I wasn't buying a Hitler figure. It's was frikkin' MJ.

The MJ line has gone a long way since then - I guess I'm not alone in thinking those figures are cool (and liking MJ the artist).

hahaha. l got suspended for a week from OSW in one of those MJ threads. l said some not nice things about him. pretty much said who wants a fig of a child molester.

anyway there is nothing wrong with collecting some nazi stuff or 1/6 german soldiers and the figures of german high command. it's part of history. maybe it says something about you if that's all you collect, but nothing wrong if it's mixed in with other 1/6 figures.

Bin laden is different then Hitler though l think, even though there is no difference between them. l just think having an Osoma figure is in worse taste then Hitler, not sure why though. Hilter has more historical history that shaped the way the world is today.
Osoma is just a piece of crap terrorist. l wouldn't want a fig of that donkey humper him on my shelf.

Last edited:
Hitler was a terrorist just like Osama. Worst than Osama really since Hitler had delusions of grandure and he had real power behind his hate.

The only political figure Id keep in 1/6th would be Ché... he's inspirational and had some real good intrinsic values that I can admire...

I think that some people are just fascinated by real-life evil. It doesn't mean that they necessarily condone or admire any aspect about the person themselves, or are seeking to glorify them in some way.

Others are into historical military figures, and bad guys are part and parcel of the reason why we have heroes at all. Regarding Bin Laden, these are the times we live in and he is this generation's quintessential bad guy.

Like I said, not my cup of tea, but a visit to OSW might enlighten the boardies here at SSF exactly why folks might be interested in buying a Bin Laden figure.

If they released a BD version I might bite, especially if it's packaged up with Saddam in his undies.

:exactly: my friend. having an interest in historical figures, whether good or evil is perfectly normal, and does not make you an a$$hole. :lol

With any hobby . . . ours is no exception either . . . there will be opportunists . . . and there will be those who are unenlightened.

I'm Asian and the most "infamous" 1:6 figure in my collection is a 1:6 figure of Reinhard Heydrich. I purchased it at an FX convention some years ago. It's still MIB/NRFB.

better hold on to that bro. someone offered to sell that to me at 500 bucks but i told him he was nuts. the outfit is one of the best ones i've seen produced by 3R, especially the overcoat. nice one!

hope no one goes ape-_____ over those comments

Its worth a laugh yes... But its a figure... Hes dead now... So who cares... Hes a part of are history now wether we like it or not... History sells also wether we like it or not...

Back