Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (May 25th, 2018)

Yeah I know they kinda have to consider a range of people but I'm disgusted if Anthony Ingruber isn't top of their list.

Yeah....I'm not really familiar with his ability but he's as close to a dead ringer as you're gonna get and seems to have the voice down as well.

Yeah I know they kinda have to consider a range of people but I'm disgusted if Anthony Ingruber isn't top of their list.

Hmm, you know he's the spitting image of a young Ford but now hearing him speak it just sounds a little too "deliberate" IMO and not very natural. As a result even he comes across as "fake." He kind of reminds me more of Christian Bale in American Psycho with that very deliberate and somewhat off putting cadence to his speech. It worked great in AP but I could see it missing something for Han Solo.

I know, but there is lovable ********* (which is Han to me) and want-to-punch-in-the-face *********. Reynor was the latter.

Could be just down to the script. If the Han Solo script calls for him to "save the cat", then he'll have the audience on his side.

Re: Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

.....Not crazy about this idea for a stand-alone film. Star Wars is such a big sandbox, I don't see any reason to recast OT characters outside of animation projects. But Disney is proving so far to only want to keep things safe and coming up with something original even inside of the Star Wars marketing goliath is too much to ask for I guess.

If that guy from Fantastic 4 gets casted..... this movie is over before it started. Terrible actor. The rest are just...... not Han at all.

The fans want Ingruber. He is the guy for the job.

I just think it'll be a shame if they go with anyone else when there's someone who looks and can sound like Ford.

I mean look at Star Trek, Chris Pine....he's not Kirk. Looks and sounds nothing like Shatner and yet they try to make you believe Leonard Nimoy's Spock recognises this guy as Kirk (Shatner)?

And considering these things aren't full reboots I really think you need as much of a sense of continuity as possible - maybe there isn't anyone out there who looks like a young William Shatner and certainly no one who both looks and sounds like him but....Star Wars is lucky enough to have basically a young Harrison Ford who'd probably love to take the role. ****ing sign him.

Lets worry about him being ''artificial'' later - and heck, even if he is, it matches everyone in the Preq- errr *hey whats that over there!*

I hear you a-dev. I would certainly hope they'd choose Ingruber over anyone in that previous line-up. But charisma and acting ability go a long way. If they can find another River Phoenix who might not look exactly like Ford but can effortlessly channel his attitude and swagger then I'd rather they go with that choice over Ingruber.

If that guy from Fantastic 4 gets casted..... this movie is over before it started.

Hey maybe they'll cast MBJ as a young Lando to go with Teller as Solo :rotfl Then fire Miller/Lord and bring back Trank. Winning!

As much as I hate Teller's face, he was actually really good in Whiplash. But, I also think he's suited for specific roles, aka NOT Han Solo.

I hear you a-dev. I would certainly hope they'd choose Ingruber over anyone in that previous line-up. But charisma and acting ability go a long way. If they can find another River Phoenix who might not look exactly like Ford but can effortlessly channel his attitude and swagger then I'd rather they go with that choice over Ingruber.

Wow, I totally forgot about the young Indy. He was pretty good in that film, but I guess he retired because I haven't seen him in more films.

Back