Solo 2 rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching this last night. Very enjoyable except for "Nest". Just make him a man for **** sake. I don't mind the girl character but I wished she was portrayed as a woman from the start (more respect)

What difference would that really have made if we knew earlier was a woman under the mask? None.

Enfys Nest was only referred to by name only during the film anyway, not he or she. Her age is meant to be the big twist, not so much her gender.

Id be down for a darth maul crimson dawn spinoff they can use qi?ra as the link but leave fake solo out of it. It could also feature ashoka tano, and a few other characters like sabine wren (another potential mandalorian tv show connection) or even ezra bridger. It would have to jump forward in time quite a bit, qi?ra would be older but still doable. Darth maul at one point had the dark saber and took over madalore so there is no love lost between them. The bad guy in mando has the dark saber during the mandalorian tv show timeline, both sabine (a mando who wielded it) and ashoka ( a mando supporter who helped them fight off the clones/empire when they invaded mandalore) would want to get that back to so it would make sense to include them and connect the story arcs with the tv show

Moff Gideon got that dark saber only after the events of Rebels - which took place before a new hope. Maul was dead before a new hope (died again in Rebels) so you won’t really be able to throw in many Rebels or Mando connections if the film takes place after Solo. The movie would have to take place after Solo but before Rebels. The film would end with him stranded, which is where Rebels would pick up. He didn’t know Kenobi was on Tatoonie so we wouldn’t get an interaction with them either.

The only real story would be making connections from the end of Clone Wars to Solo and Solo to Rebels. Throw in some bounty hunter stuff and people would watch it. Heck, throw in A Mace Windu/Boba Fett revenge plot and people would eat it up. Maybe sprinkle a little Han in there for some connections and call it good. It would be more of a Marvel type sequel more than any direct sequel to Solo or any series.

What difference would that really have made if we knew earlier was a woman under the mask? None.

Enfys Nest was only referred to by name only during the film anyway, not he or she. Her age is meant to be the big twist, not so much her gender.

Not sure I agree there... I think the big "surprise" was that she was a girl.. Perhaps a young girl if you think age has something to do with it.

I think the original poster was saying, rather then of us be shocked that a "young girl" could be the leader of a rebelion, just show that she is a stong female characer from the begining.

I could cae less either way :lol

I thought Solo was fine. Not great but not deserving of the hate either.

:lecture

I don't understand the whining. For me Solo was the most 'Star Wars' any of the films have been since Return of the Jedi.
Agreed. Being an artist myself I was overly thrilled by all the design elements too. I want to make almost every character you see in the movie as a custom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't understand the whining. For me Solo was the most 'Star Wars' any of the films have been since Return of the Jedi.

Cosplayer Bob Solo really brought it down to fan fic levels for me.

I honestly think Alden was one of the highlights. He wasn’t a dead ringer for Ford, but I think he had some of the swagger Han had in the OT; he was fun to watch too. Out of all the problems SOLO had, he wasn’t one of them.

I‘m definitely curious about how Anthony Ingruber would’ve been. I thought I heard they let him audition, so I wonder what didn’t click. Maybe Alden fit the space comedy Lord and Miller wanted to make?

I honestly think Alden was one of the highlights. He wasn?t a dead ringer for Ford, but I think he had some of the swagger Han had in the OT; he was fun to watch too. Out of all the problems SOLO had, he wasn?t one of them.

I initially had two problems with the film:

1) L3-37's rebellion

2) How Solo got his name

The first issue felt worse than it actually is, because it was played too hard for laughs.

L3's concern itself though has always been a part of the Star Wars universe, and was likely to be addressed at some point:

Solo's name was a bigger crime for me, since that one simple scene wiped out a mass of EU history while achieving nothing in return. Why was it even necessary? It's a lazy gag. We know he obviously doesn't change it, so he keeps a name that was assigned off the cuff by an Imperial recruiting officer. It doesn't fit with the guy who never liked to be told what to do, and took orders only from himself.

There's one way this could be saved: if 'Solo' is a common Corellian name, like 'Smith' or 'Jones', then it would've been a lucky guess and the EU backstory is back in play.

Lando's relationship with L3 didn't jive with his dismissive attitude toward 3PO in ESB. Oh, I know, after losing L3 he could never trust a droid again...

Solo's name was a bigger crime for me, since that one simple scene wiped out a mass of EU history while achieving nothing in return. Why was it even necessary? It's a lazy gag. We know he obviously doesn't change it, so he keeps a name that was assigned off the cuff by an Imperial recruiting officer. It doesn't fit with the guy who never liked to be told what to do, and took orders only from himself.

There's one way this could be saved: if 'Solo' is a common Corellian name, like 'Smith' or 'Jones', then it would've been a lucky guess and the EU backstory is back in play.

I agree with the whole Solo name thing. But it doesn't bother me to the extent of ruining the movie for me. You make some good points about his rebellious personality not accepting a name given to him, and by an Imperial no less. But I do like your explanation about "Solo" being like "Smith" on Corellia. No, my problem with how it played out was that "Solo" really does mean alone, which then means that their basic language is latin-based, which then means that Lucas's dumb names are really as dumb as they sound. So Greedo is greedy, and Mon Calamari are "my" calamari (quid name for squid looking people) and Skywalker really means someone who walks in the sky (or lives with his head in the clouds, or has dreams beyond the terrestrial plain). Before, I could excuse it or ignore it because I could imagine their language was so way out there that greedo or calamari meant something completely different over there. Heck, when I was young and before the prequels, I thought "Clone Wars" was NOT literally wars with clones. I thought "clones" would end up meaning something different. I didn't think it was a problem for those names to mean something to the audience because it helps us understand something about the character. But if they have the same symbolic meaning "in-movie" as they do to the audience, then it feels a bit hokey.

So yeah, I agree with that. And I thought it was heavy-handed for Han to tell Chewie, "I'm not calling you "Chewbacca". I'll call you Chewie instead". But again, those little things that bothered me aren't enough to disregard an otherwise highly enjoyable movie. For example, in ESB, the whole "laser brain" "laugh it up, fuzzball" scene/exchange is so cringe-y I can barely get through it nowadays! But that doesn't diminish how great the rest of the movie is, or overall as a whole.

Lando's relationship with L3 didn't jive with his dismissive attitude toward 3PO in ESB. Oh, I know, after losing L3 he could never trust a droid again...

I know you're joking, but I think that explanation works really well!

Last edited:
I agree with the whole Solo name thing. But it doesn't bother me to the extent of ruining the movie for me. You make some good points about his rebellious personality not accepting a name given to him, and by an Imperial no less. But I do like your explanation about "Solo" being like "Smith" on Corellia. No, my problem with how it played out was that "Solo" really does mean alone, which then means that their basic language is latin-based, which then means that Lucas's dumb names are really as dumb as they sound. So Greedo is greedy, and Mon Calamari are "my" calamari (quid name for squid looking people) and Skywalker really means someone who walks in the sky (or lives with his head in the clouds, or has dreams beyond the terrestrial plain). Before, I could excuse it or ignore it because I could imagine their language was so way out there that greedo or calamari meant something completely different over there. Heck, when I was young and before the prequels, I thought "Clone Wars" was NOT literally wars with clones. I thought "clones" would end up meaning something different. I didn't think it was a problem for those names to mean something to the audience because it helps us understand something about the character. But if they have the same symbolic meaning "in-movie" as they do to the audience, then it feels a bit hokey.

So yeah, I agree with that. And I thought it was heavy-handed for Han to tell Chewie, "I'm not calling you "Chewbacca". I'll call you Chewie instead". But again, those little things that bothered me aren't enough to disregard an otherwise highly enjoyable movie. For example, in ESB, the whole "laser brain" "laugh it up, fuzzball" scene/exchange is so cringe-y I can barely get through it nowadays! But that doesn't diminish how great the rest of the movie is, or overall as a whole.

Good points.

Language has never made much sense in Star Wars, since this was all a long time ago yet humans already have the evolved English language that's in use today.

This is, of course, a necessary fault in much science fiction and fantasy set in the past. Even though Tolkien painstakingly created new languages, on screen the English that is spoken is ours. The alternative would be the creation of a completely new human language with subtitles to match.

Lucas does occasionally employ Charles Dickens' method of giving names to characters which are themselves descriptive of their character, as in your examples. I thought it was really on the nose in The Phantom Menace by naming Palpatine as Darth Sidious, implying 'insidious' which was his method of operating from the shadows.

Likewise, for Solo, the naming isn't a deal breaker, but more a head-scratcher as to why they needed to write themselves into that corner.

Good points.

Language has never made much sense in Star Wars, since this was all a long time ago yet humans already have the evolved English language that's in use today.

This is, of course, a necessary fault in much science fiction and fantasy set in the past. Even though Tolkien painstakingly created new languages, on screen the English that is spoken is ours. The alternative would be the creation of a completely new human language with subtitles to match.

Lucas does occasionally employ Charles Dickens' method of giving names to characters which are themselves descriptive of their character, as in your examples. I thought it was really on the nose in The Phantom Menace by naming Palpatine as Darth Sidious, implying 'insidious' which was his method of operating from the shadows.

Likewise, for Solo, the naming isn't a deal breaker, but more a head-scratcher as to why they needed to write themselves into that corner.

I agree. It was unnecessary, like the Chewie thing. But again, it doesn't bother me enough to write off the rest of the movie.

I agree. It was unnecessary, like the Chewie thing. But again, it doesn't bother me enough to write off the rest of the movie.

I'll just agree again. There was some lame stuff and some stuff was filmed so dark or dusty. But thought the the actors did good; some great aesthetics, and there's a raw gritty quality.

Don't get the hate - and that's from someone who was convinced it would suck just from all the *&&^%$ comments. Just goes to show u need to watch stuff for yourself.

I'll just agree again. There was some lame stuff and some stuff was filmed so dark or dusty. But thought the the actors did good; some great aesthetics, and there's a raw gritty quality.

Don't get the hate - and that's from someone who was convinced it would suck just from all the *&&^%$ comments. Just goes to show u need to watch stuff for yourself.

I love the way it begins:

It's an unusual start for a Star Wars film, but I think it keys into Lucas, Harrison and the American Graffiti connection. After that unusual beginning it feels like a good old fashioned Star Wars tale.

I've always just taken Star Wars as a completely alternate, fantasy reality with no intended relation to ours even despite the ''A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away'' bit. In this context I can easily let slide all this language stuff.

Back