Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EGON SPENGLER
Regular version (no business suit) - MSRP $229.95
Special version (with business suit) - MSRP $269.95

PETER VENKMAN
Regular version (no business suit) - MSRP $229.95
Special version (with business suit) - MSRP $269.95

Ahahaha. Yeah, well, that's me out. I'll stick to BW and pickup some of the SS breakdown parts.

I was planning on getting both special versions to display along with the blitzways,.but at that price I might have to pass or just get one. I guess it all depends on how good the proton packs are.

I wasn't really expecting them to be cheaper. But its a good back-up should the BW sell out... which I doubt. Those single packs will be around a long time.

Someone should tell Soldier Story that Blitzway is also making Ghostbusters figures. Who wants to volunteer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, they had a real opportunity to deliver figs that were close to BW quality (a few parts may even be better) but at a lower pricepoint. Under $200 would have been a great way to scoop up people, but at the same price as BW it's silly for a company that is still establishing itself in the high-end licensed arena.

Yeah, they had a real opportunity to deliver figs that were close to BW quality (a few parts may even be better) but at a lower pricepoint. Under $200 would have been a great way to scoop up people, but at the same price as BW it's silly for a company that is still establishing itself in the high-end licensed arena.

Blitzway barely wellknown in the community as they only catered to fans of few movies/actors.

Sodlier Story is probably more well known in the community.

But I'm guessing the license fee cost them alot.

Blitzway barely wellknown in the community as they only catered to fans of few movies/actors.

Sodlier Story is probably more well known in the community.

But I'm guessing the license fee cost them alot.

Yeah, Soldier Story can be considered high-end. Apart from the heads being a tad small, the bodies are decent, the tailoring top-notch and the accessories excellent. The cost just underscores how much the license cost them.

I'm also guessing the license was a significant reason for the price point. It would be interesting to know if they paid less for fewer characters at this point, or if they'd pay for GBII characters separate from GB.

I wonder if there was consideration to the ghost characters instead of the main guys if they found out another company was doing the main four and slimer? Undead taxi driver, gozer, librarian, Vigo. ... I don't know how many people would wanta Janosz figure at any decent 1/6 price point though. :p

... I don't know how many people would wanta Janosz figure at any decent 1/6 price point though. :p

Oh i would want a peter macnicol figure in 1/6th scale. Just think of all those amazing poses you could put him in!!!............not

Yeah, Soldier Story can be considered high-end. Apart from the heads being a tad small, the bodies are decent, the tailoring top-notch and the accessories excellent. The cost just underscores how much the license cost them.

you think they should have gone the underground path like VTS & what not?

probably could have sold more & at much lower price point.

everyone wins, except the Film license holder, Blitzway, Mattel & hardcore collectors that insist a copyright stamp on their boxes and behind the back of the naked bodies.

but then again we wouldn't be able to discuss about this if they did.

Back