Soccer/Football-English Premier League 08/09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure did and we've improved quite a bit and we just need to strengthen a few areas as Man and Chelsea still have a fair bit more depth in their squad.:)

Overall cant be to disappointed pushing a team apparently worth 100 mil more than us all the way to the end.:D

True! You just need another 9 players to compliment Stevie G and Torres and you'll do it no worries! :D

True! You just need another 9 players to compliment Stevie G and Torres and you'll do it no worries! :D

:lol Yeah something like that.:D

If Ronnie goes to RM we might yet have half a chance next season as long as you guys don't but Kaka,Messi etc although Ribery would fit nicely into your side i'd say.

All i've heard from us is we are after drug boy Mutu not a bad player but....we will see.

Good to see us win something with Stevie G picking up the Fans and Writers player of the year awards.:cool:

All i've heard from us is we are after drug boy Mutu not a bad player but....we will see.

Barry is still meant to be on but he's not better than Alonso so it better not be for him! Also meant to be bidding £12m Downing WTF?

Tevez has also been linked but everyone is after him and i'm sure UTD will buy him.

We are not far away from winning the title Torres was missing for a big part of the season as was stevie so even if we finish 6 points off them this season we are getting closer and if we can keep those 2 fit and add a few more top players we can win the league.

UTD do have a great squad and it is better than ares so we do deserve credit for pushing them all the way it's been a good battle and i'm sure the utd fan will agree? :)

Need to convert those home draws into wins and this years league would have been a stroll. Least amount of defeats of any team and yet not champions, disappointing. But at least they are still in the chase until the final weeks of the season.

Need to convert those home draws into wins and this years league would have been a stroll. Least amount of defeats of any team and yet not champions, disappointing. But at least they are still in the chase until the final weeks of the season.

Yep a league double over Man u & Chelsea but only 2 points from teams like Stoke what is all that about? Letting Arsenal who have been destroyed these last few weeks get 4 at home was the one that ended the hunt this year.

Also Villa & Spurs blowing it at OT it could have been so different but that's football :(

Yeah consitency got us again with having the least no. of losses for the 2nd year running with the only difference this year being that we didnt lose to any of the other big 4.

Also agree due to our lack of depth that Torres and Gerrard only playing a dozen games together so far cost us dearly.

Can see Barry and Downing turning into another Keane story. While both players are ok we need more than that and i would be extremely happy if we somehow managed to get a great team player like Tevez someone that has ability with real heart. Tev and either Silva or Villa will do we wish.:D

Need to move a few players on and have any of you guys been impressed by Lucas? I have seem him do bugger all yet Rafa seems to see something as he continually plays him.:(

Need to move a few players on and have any of you guys been impressed by Lucas? I have seem him do bugger all yet Rafa seems to see something as he continually plays him.:(

Lucas is S*** get him gone not sure if we should keep Babel? he's good from the bench not so much from the start he has said he's not happy so he might be gone anyway. Dossena another i'm not keen on.

Have to keep hold of Benayoun he's pretty good at unlocking a defence but anyway yeah i want to see the back of Lucas for sure.

This isn't a Liverpool FC forum guys ... lets get back to talking about UTD!:banana:lol
Seriously though, i think you've done really well but that same problem of too many draws did you in...just like last season. Obviously not having Gerrard and Torres for chunks of the season doesn't help but thats what a squads for right?
If the yanks sell up to some rich Arab with deep pockets, i reckon next season could be EPIC...
Its been a good hard faught season boys well done!:grouphug
Now we better close it out starting tonight!!

This isn't a Liverpool FC forum guys ... lets get back to talking about UTD!:banana:lol
Seriously though, i think you've done really well but that same problem of too many draws did you in...just like last season. Obviously not having Gerrard and Torres for chunks of the season doesn't help but thats what a squads for right?
If the yanks sell up to some rich Arab with deep pockets, i reckon next season could be EPIC...
Its been a good hard faught season boys well done!:grouphug
Now we better close it out starting tonight!!

But that's what we are saying the depth in are squad is noting like yours if you take Ronny & rooney out of your team it's not as bad as Torres and stevie for us as you have tevez berba etc

Nice of you to give us some credit though as not many mancs would hats off to you! :)

But that's what we are saying the depth in are squad is noting like yours if you take Ronny & rooney out of your team it's not as bad as Torres and stevie for us as you have tevez berba etc

Nice of you to give us some credit though as not many mancs would hats off to you! :)

No probs mate ... lets be honest, we've won the league now, but fairplay you put up a good fight and dare i say..cough..deserve more..:sick
Now for the love of God (Fergie)gimme my hubcaps back :monkey3:lol

Rafa Benitez is ready to splash out £15million to bring former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan to Anfield in the summer.
That better not be true? £15m for a man u reject? please don't let that be true. :( :(

Would the Atletico Madrid ace be a success second time around in the Premier League?
Nice easy one that hell F^^^*** NOOOOOOOO :lol

Title no.19 coming to O.T next season then!
I hear Benitez also wants Djemba Djemba, Veron and Masimo Taibi in goal too!

MANCHESTER UNITED CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND 2008/2009

Unitedtrophy_2307683.jpg

Old-Trafford-banner_2307627.jpg

Back