Soccer/Football-English Premier League 08/09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear Red! Well...let me know if you can name any player apparently 'Past it' who is a shoe in for the PFA best player award... :rolleyes::D

Just replying to those who have to put it out there.Obviously it was part tongue in cheek just making a point as you see poor winners and poor losers there's really no difference.:D

:lol Your quite correct he's been playing some excellent football and anyway Wanderer my friend who said past it...not i.:duh

I said just about and compared to his hey day where he could run rings around defenders....i think you know what i mean,twilight years might be a better term for those of a more sensitive nature.:naughty ;)

Cheers mate. :)

Last edited:
Just replying to those who have to put it out there.Obviously it was part tongue in cheek just making a point as you see poor winners and poor losers there's really no difference.:D

:lol Your quite correct he's been playing some excellent football and anyway Wanderer my friend who said past it...not i.:duh

I said just about and compared to his hey day where he could run rings around defenders....i think you know what i mean,twilight years might be a better term for those of a more sensitive nature.:naughty ;)

Cheers mate. :)

Lol Its all good fun Red :D I like to think i have a balanced view on things especially when you guys have stepped up a gear and were jammed in reverse!:monkey2 Credit where credits due...
I normally hate England friendlies with a passion but for us it came at just the right time.
Yeah Giggs is in the twilight of his career but he's rejuvenated in his new role...we just knock on his coffin every other game and ask him to play! :lol

Lol Its all good fun Red :D I like to think i have a balanced view on things especially when you guys have stepped up a gear and were jammed in reverse!:monkey2 Credit where credits due...
I normally hate England friendlies with a passion but for us it came at just the right time.
Yeah Giggs is in the twilight of his career but he's rejuvenated in his new role...we just knock on his coffin every other game and ask him to play! :lol

:lol Giggs has been great for the game,now how balanced is that from a Reds supporter.:D

Yes the break seems to have come at an excellent time for you guys but hopefully not we will see.

Yep were still alive just.:cool:

After hitting the woodwork 4 times in the first half i thought for sure it wasn't going to be our day but we now need Villa to find something special.

MANCHESTER UNITED back on top!
What a match against Aston Villa and what a goal from 17 year old Federico Macheda!
United won 3-2
:chew

I thought we were lucky to get out of jail even more so for you guys.

Only thing i can take from that game is a little bit of hope as Man continue to let in goals.Still going to be damn difficult but not bad pushing a team for the title who are worth 100 mil pounds more.:cool:

Lol The figures dont lie though...Benitez spent a good 20mill more than Fergie over 2yrs...
We've shut up the doubters with that win...

champions league tomorrow, seems pretty damn soon for man u to play AGAIN :google

Yeah crazy :monkey4 Ronaldo, Evra and Tevez in particular would be shagged i'd imagine...but when ur on a MINIMUM of 50k a WEEK i'd probably manage to motivate myself to play again ...:rolleyes:

Lol The figures dont lie though...Benitez spent a good 20mill more than Fergie over 2yrs...
We've shut up the doubters with that win...

Where did you read that in the papers their not out there to influence anyone.If it is true it just means he has to spend 100mil more to catch up.:D

Its been documented from the figures that are made available to the public.Sure you wont get the full picture but as stated they are about 95 pct accurate with you and Chelski way out in front.

Everyone knows money controls the game and if you had the same amount to spend as say West Brom you would be pretty much be in the same position they are at the moment with Fergie or not.

I accept that part of Liverpools success is down to dollars but it appears its not something you guys want to admit....or do you.:lol
I'm not having a go in the slightest or preparing myself with sour grapes cause i openly admit you have the better squad with more depth and you must know partly why that is although you definately have to give credit to Fergie with the players he brings in for sure.;)

Good luck against Porto hope you hammer em Wanderer.:D :peace

Last edited:
Well you guys continue to leak goals after what was it 14 games without conceding.

I think its comes down to injury,suspension and maybe the amount of games is catching up with you a bit.

Whilst i think United are more than capable of winning in Portugal you have made it hard for yourselves.

Hoping we can get a good win tom against Chelski.:D

Manchester United & Liverpool have a lot to do in the 2nd leg in a weeks time.
I'm hoping United go on to the next leg!
:chew

Where did you read that in the papers their not out there to influence anyone.If it is true it just means he has to spend 100mil more to catch up.:D

Its been documented from the figures that are made available to the public.Sure you wont get the full picture but as stated they are about 95 pct accurate with you and Chelski way out in front.

Everyone knows money controls the game and if you had the same amount to spend as say West Brom you would be pretty much be in the same position they are at the moment with Fergie or not.

I accept that part of Liverpools success is down to dollars but it appears its not something you guys want to admit....or do you.:lol
I'm not having a go in the slightest or preparing myself with sour grapes cause i openly admit you have the better squad with more depth and you must know partly why that is although you definately have to give credit to Fergie with the players he brings in for sure.;)

Good luck against Porto hope you hammer em Wanderer.:D :peace

Red! Where did it all go wrong for Utd and Liverpool? :monkey2:monkey2 I was with the girlfriend last night so missed your game...Couldnt believe the score when my mate text me...I'm sure you weren't as awful as we were though. You're right, the games are catching up on us, injuries, poor form, Ronaldo with a face like a slapped arse, no right back...I could go on!
If there's any consolation, its that Barcelona look amazing and will probably win it, based on form. Another worry is that everyone is banging on about two horse race between you and us for the prem...Chelsea anyone?!:rolleyes:
Final point, money DOES indeed talk and there's no getting away from the fact the teams who spend are the ones who flourish...HOWEVER its who you buy that counts too and Fergie is the man in that dept imo

Just about goneski.:monkey2

Congrats to Chel they thoroughly deserved their win.Our achilles heal raised its ugly head with us conceding yet again on set pieces.Still cant believe that Rafa rates Lucas he must be seeing something i and most fans aren't.:confused:

Like you i'm also suprised no one is thinking that Chel can't sneak in the back door whilst we're to busy looking at each other.:horror

Wanderer totally agree with your last comment mate.:D

Well thats the type of game a Championship team finds a way to win one unfortunately we have to often drawn this season.

Glad we have kept the pressure on and given our goal average a boast just in case it comes down to that.

Must say you guys were a bit fortunate with the winner.Only Macheda truly knows whether he meant it but after watching the replay a few times his leg appears to be going backwards at impact meaning he was trying to pull his foot out of the way.

Lol Kiko Macheda pulls out another top (Deliberate, Red!) goal to bag the points...
Fergie talks about squeaky bum time but its only us that are squeaking at the moment... Liverpool are on fire. However our saving grace is that, like champions, were digging results out and fighting till the end...whats that cliché about the mark of champions is when you can win ugly when playing badly?!
Were well and truly in a bad period of form with midfield and defence losing their way. The moment of truth comes on Wednesday...Its make or break and we have to wake up...I just hope Ferdinand is ready on time...

Final word on that idiot Andy Gray. I would bet that if he could get spit roasted by Gerrard and Torres he'd jump at the chance! I mean seriously, is he on Liverpools payroll???

Back