Soccer/Football-English Premier League 2009/2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slug you nearly called it..Berba and Nani missed sitters near the end. Loved every minute of it. The atmosphere was unbelievable inside the ground. I sat in the top half of the east stand (opposite the Stretford end) it was absolutely freezin up there but had a great view of the pitch ... even though the goals were all scored at the other end! Wenger being carded was priceless too lol

Slug you nearly called it..Berba and Nani missed sitters near the end. Loved every minute of it. The atmosphere was unbelievable inside the ground. I sat in the top half of the east stand (opposite the Stretford end) it was absolutely freezin up there but had a great view of the pitch ... even though the goals were all scored at the other end! Wenger being carded was priceless too lol

I have always dreamt of being at an EPL match, how much does a ticket at Old Trafford cost?:)

I have always dreamt of being at an EPL match, how much does a ticket at Old Trafford cost?:)

It depends on where you sit. Obviously the middle seats surrounding the dugout, opposite side and around the pitch go for a higher price. I was in the top tier of the east stand (opposite the Stretford end) So i was looking down the pitch (great view and better atmosphere) Those tickets are £36.

Wenger standing in the crowd, incredulously, with his arms crossed was f'n priceless. He made comment after the game regarding United football and how Ferguson puts players on the pitch just to foul when they're down. Anyone remember how they came back from 3-0 down to beat Spurs last year? I think they won 5-3? Anyway, Scholes came on and just preceded to foul anyone and everyone with the ball wearing a white shirt. it is, indeed, a tactic United use. Wenger should know this then, and adapt... Not that I wanted him to. The jerk.

Spurs won again. :) Birmingham played a great game against us and defended with all they had. Their goal was such a fluke though. I am worried about the Modric injury.....

Spurs picked up Niko Kranjar for just about nothing before the window closed. He's a nice player, nothing special, but he should help with Modric out for a month and a half.

Doesn't seem to be much excitement this year from everyone.. what's up?

Great win for us Flosi...and with 10 men. That is a big hurdle we've passed...Now its City's turn

Great win for United on Saturday!
:chew

Indeed it was, I think all the detractors that predicted an instant collapse when the Portugese ponce left are going to be disappointed, just like they were when other, far more talented players left the club.

Though he's been a great player over the years I think Paul Scholes should be sold in January as he's clearly a spent force, his "tackling" is an increasing liability and he offers little else to the team these days so I think it's time other players were given more of a chance.

Ryan Giggs on the other hand continues to deliver and was again excellent. Cristiano Who?

Fabulous free kick from Giggs. We have such a tough time with United. I think Harry really screwed himself starting Keane at the left. He ended up with two changes from the previous 4 league wins rather then just one due to the Modric injury, not to mention the lack of width and predictable attack down only the right flank. Now we go to the Bridge to play Chelsea this weekend.... Talk about a tough two game stretch.

Though he's been a great player over the years I think Paul Scholes should be sold in January as he's clearly a spent force, his "tackling" is an increasing liability and he offers little else to the team these days so I think it's time other players were given more of a chance.

He's still one of the best passers of the ball in England. His tackling has always been crap at best. He might not be as sharp as he was but we shouldn't sell him in January that would be stupid plain and simple

He's still one of the best passers of the ball in England. His tackling has always been crap at best. He might not be as sharp as he was but we shouldn't sell him in January that would be stupid plain and simple

Fair enough but I think he should have gone at least 3 years ago. He did score in Europe though so he bounced back from the red card nicely.

Which brings me to the Manchester derby...there's nothing like a winning goal after a debatable amount of added time to annoy the haters :D

The defending wasn't great but Giggs continues to defy his age in style & Rooney is 1000 times better than Ronaldo ever was. Berbatov was unlucky as on another day he could've had a hat-trick and aside from scoring when they go to Anfield I don't think Owen could've picked a better moment to endear himself to the Utd fans. Maybe he could become a super-sub in the way that Solskjaer used to be?

As for City, their fans and players may make a lot of noise but realistically it would take at least a 10 year spell of winning every possible trophy before they can even be considered close to Utd's level or that of the other big guns for that matter.

Tevez showed why he's no loss to the his former employers as he ran around a lot but delivered little and Bellamy's antics towards the pitch invader were laughable.

He's now claiming his actions were self defence when he was 10 yards away from the fan and waited until he'd been restrained by 3 stewards before getting in his face LOL!

Too bad the fan didn't get to him as Bellamy is the sort of mouthy little runt that's OK when they're surrounded by bigger buddies but would almost certainly get their ass kicked in a one to one situation.

I tell you what...Bellamy, Tevez, Lescott...who's next Freddy Kruegger?!

The day Giggs hangs his boots up is the day we lose one of the greats of WORLD football.

I tell you what...Bellamy, Tevez, Lescott...who's next Freddy Kruegger?!

The day Giggs hangs his boots up is the day we lose one of the greats of WORLD football.
[/COLOR]

Second to that. If it weren't for Fletcher's goals, Giggs should have been Man U's man of the match.

Not sure if anyone watched the Spurs/Chelsea game. Ended up a laugher... We should have been level when Keane was obvioulsy fouled in the area... Then King got hurt and we came undone..... Spurs have a stretch of 5 very winnable games starting this weekend (6 incl today if you want to count the league cup game v. Preston) so I've got my fingers crossed.... The King injury along with Modric being out really hurts....

TOP OF THE LEAGUE...To the snipers saying we were finished after the sale of Ronaldo: :moon

Back