So who is the Next Joe???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don't want anyone carrying a minigun in my collection until we get a Hot Toys Arnie from T2, or Blaine from Predator...

Dude... i hate to tell you there have already been a bunch of 1:6 figures that came with miniguns...

so it's certainly not something exclusive to those characters.

and terminator and predator are so damn overrepresented in this hobby it's disgusting...

personally i'd rather see ANYTHING else except more stuff from those movies...

Dude... i hate to tell you there have already been a bunch of 1:6 figures that came with miniguns...

so it's certainly not something exclusive to those characters.

and terminator and predator are so damn overrepresented in this hobby it's disgusting...

personally i'd rather see ANYTHING else except more stuff from those movies...

I'm sure there are, but those are the only two I'd want miniguns for. The whole minigun as a handheld weapon thing is almost cliche now, I don't want to have many figures with them, personally.

As for Predator and Terminator being overrepresented, maybe, and to be quite honest I don't really care if I get a Blaine or not, but there hasn't been a decent Arnold-sculpt T-800 in 12" scale so I definitely want one of those.

What it really comes down to for me, though, is that I don't think it's an appropriate weapon for either Rock and Roll or Roadblock. I don't mind them updating the accessories to more modern weapons, but they should be "in the spirit" of the original RAH figure as much as possible.

I'm sure there are, but those are the only two I'd want miniguns for. The whole minigun as a handheld weapon thing is almost cliche now, I don't want to have many figures with them, personally.

As for Predator and Terminator being overrepresented, maybe, and to be quite honest I don't really care if I get a Blaine or not, but there hasn't been a decent Arnold-sculpt T-800 in 12" scale so I definitely want one of those.

What it really comes down to for me, though, is that I don't think it's an appropriate weapon for either Rock and Roll or Roadblock. I don't mind them updating the accessories to more modern weapons, but they should be "in the spirit" of the original RAH figure as much as possible.

well Rock & Roll version 2 came with 2 miniguns back in 1989... before Arnold ever used one... which makes it an appropriate weapon for his figure since there is vintage precedent for it.

well Rock & Roll version 2 came with 2 miniguns back in 1989... before Arnold ever used one... which makes it an appropriate weapon for his figure since there is vintage precedent for it.

Yeah, RnR V2 was kind of a weird figure though. The miniguns he came with were pretty messed up... plus he came with a lever action rifle of all things!

73.jpg

76.jpg

I'm not a real big fan of that figure so I'm fine if Sideshow ignores it, and I think most fans would probably rather have the V1 version as well.

I mean, hey, if they do release Rock and Roll, and he does come with a minigun, I won't complain too much, but considering that it'd probably increase the cost significantly, I'd prefer it if he just came with an M-240, sidearm, and maybe a knife. Roadblock would need his modified Browning .50 cal.

That tells me he was crucial enough to make before they added the swivel arm battle grip, which means a little more research would've shown you that he saw the light of day as an action figure about a year before Duke did.
I never said Duke came out first, and that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It is common knowledge that Hawk was the first Joe leader. I was discussing popularity of Duke, who is viewed as the quintessential "Joe leader" by most people, probably mostly due to the cartoon.

I never said Duke came out first, and that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It is common knowledge that Hawk was the first Joe leader. I was discussing popularity of Duke, who is viewed as the quintessential "Joe leader" by most people, probably mostly due to the cartoon.

Only by "cartoon" people. :banghead

Tomax and Xamot two pack would be a great next release..though that exposed arm on each should be a more realistic looking mold.

So, my guess about Firefly was correct!. SS have this character and Beachhead in development right now.

Hmm. That's not really news about Firefly and Beach Head we already new they were coming from one of the Q&As.

Firefly's conceptual art does look amazingly promising though. And the Flint vs. Zartan dio , well shoot I think they made that just for you, Karmazov!! :rock

Hmm. That's not really news about Firefly and Beach Head we already new they were coming from one of the Q&As.

Oh..:monkey2

I guess some of us did not know, i just watched a vid on the SS site with a concept pic of FF.

Firefly's conceptual art does look amazingly promising though. And the Flint vs. Zartan dio , well shoot I think they made that just for you, Karmazov!! :rock

Where's the conceptual art???

Ah, crap. Dios, statues, and PF... Joe collecting is about to get expensive... and here I am still without a number of foreign figures and the USS Flagg...

Thanks for the link, Firefly does look good!

Amen. I already collect the larger stuff for LOTR, I may have to restrict myself to the 12" figures for G.I. Joe.

Back