So who is going to SDCC??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comic-Con: Yes
Freaks Party: Yes
I'll also be at the Panel on Thursday.

I'm not sure if I can manage without Bannister, but I'll give it my all. All us women will unite to keep strong and forge forward without you.

Bannister, perhaps you can get your hands on a length of butcher paper and give us a life size rubbing of yourself that we can hang up on display at the Sideshow booth.

who made the sideshow freaks message header? it would be cool to have that modified to say sideshow freaks board member. that would make a great badge,

That would be FrankenFan (Kurt)! He has created some of the best banners and board headers ever! It would make a great badge, but I doubt there would be time for him to create something this late. Jedibear already had some artwork created for CIV, and did one for Comic-Con at the same time! Either one would be cool!

OK, how about this--I worked out a little SSF logo that I can print out in color on mailing label sized stickers, and board members can peel and stick them to their SDCC badges:

ssftagstickerlw3.jpg

OK, how about this--I worked out a little SSF logo that I can print out in color on mailing label sized stickers, and board members can peel and stick them to their SDCC badges:

ssftagstickerlw3.jpg

Any way to remove the black outline? Somehow it just doesn't look right not going all the way to the top. Also, I would still be in favor of a laminated card or just a card instead of a sticker. Stickers have a bad habit of not sticking well and peeling up, etc.

Any way to remove the black outline? Somehow it just doesn't look right not going all the way to the top. Also, I would still be in favor of a laminated card or just a card instead of a sticker. Stickers have a bad habit of not sticking well and peeling up, etc.

I will work on removing the black line. And I can easily print them on card stock instead and laminate them, so they can just be inserted down into the badge holder. Easy peasy Japanesey.

I will work on removing the black line. And I can easily print them on card stock instead and laminate them, so they can just be inserted down into the badge holder. Easy peasy Japanesey.

Cool! Are you going to wait to see if Jedibear has something or just go with this? I personally like this, so I say if you feel froggy, jump!

One last suggestion... maybe a different font for the SDCC - 2007 text?

I think Freak badges are a great idea. It would be nice to recognize a fellow Freak on the convention center floor, at the panels, at a bar in the Gas Lamp, etc... In addition, if any of you see me in line, feel free to stop & say, "hi" or perhaps I can help you purchase an item for yourself or someone else (especially since many companies punch our badges).

On the black line thing... here's another thought... maybe remove the background strips instead? The actual forum header .gif is transparant, so if that was put on white card stock, then the black line woud look ok... it's really the background stripes that are throwing it off for me.

Don't you just love kibitizers!!! :D

OK, painted out the black line:

ssftagstickeraltde0.jpg

I think that looks better... do you agree? Or try leaving the line and taking out the background... but don't let me dictate this, you're the one doing it, so do what you think looks good! We just appreciate the effort!

OK, here it is with the black line but without the background:

ssftagstickeralt2fb7.jpg

And the other options:

ssftagstickerlw3.jpg

I like the no background one myself... easier to read... but then again, people are very used to the colors including the background... decisions, decisions... you choose Tom!

I don't know which is best, I will just print whichever you decide. I think I like the no background on a sticker/label, but maybe the background on a laminated card. But I am not good at making decisions...

I don't know which is best, I will just print whichever you decide. I think I like the no background on a sticker/label, but maybe the background on a laminated card. But I am not good at making decisions...

Ok, can we see one more option? White background with no line... I have to go see someone in their office... be back in about 15 minutes...

Just saw this thread.

If you'd like a nice, clean, high-resolution version of the SF logo suitable for printing, all you had to do was ask.

Sheesh!

Just saw this thread.

If you'd like a nice, clean, high-resolution version of the SF logo suitable for printing, all you had to do was ask.

Sheesh!

We didn't want to impose! :D

I like the white without border version... what do you guys think?

Edit: after seeing Kurt's large sizes, the stripped background looks really good... that is now my choice.

Last edited:
Back