SO, what happened to the USO Captain (Classic Look) America?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, remember when this was a combo figure with the Rescue Cap?

Tcwmn.jpg

Interesting that HT took it from a 2-figure combo, down to only one exclusive.

if it was a two pack it would've sold out

Given the lukewarm response and poor sales of the Rescue version, even as an exclusive, I'd say this one was put on the back burner indefinitely. Maybe as a promo for when Winter Soldier comes out.

As I recall from the one picture I remember seeing of it, it really didn't come with much. I know he had the shield and I think it had his USO speech on the back, but I don't remember him even with any extra hands. He should have been in a deluxe set with the Rescue Version like with the Bespian Luke, or with change around pieces like the THRILLER Michael Jackson then we could have had either version or just bought enough extra pieces off the secondary market to have both.

As much as I'd like to have him (he should be cheap) this is a figure I have to agree I don't think we're ever going to see released now. Maybe some company will pay Hot Toys to have it made as their exclusive.

I would be happy with just the WWII style Motorcycle (minus the girls) he was holding over his head in one of the USO shows. That would be like a low grade Ghost Rider set, better though is if it was actually Cap's tricked out cycle from later on in the movie.

If I remember correctly, they had this at sdcc last year but no smiling sculpt. I wanted to recreate those uso posters. They'll release this as some kind of exclusive, either thru ssc like Coulson, sdcc or promo.

The original story was that it was supposed to be a 2 pack but they decided to separate them from Rescue Cap so they could exclusive it out. Whether that's changed or not who knows but a comic looking Cap isn't on any kind of timeline like the film versions or even certain characters.

Hopefully it shows up for PO after the IM 3 PO's are all up...we can't have too many more coming...we are at 7 now right not counting BD VII

I loved it when I saw it at the SDCC last Year!! Would be nice to see him offered at this years SDCC! :pray:!!!

HT should have released this one first, I think it would have sold out faster than the Rescue version.

Should've been a 2-in-1 figure. Considering they'd have just had to add the rest of this costume, you think they would've done it that way. It would have probably sold better if they did it that way.

Should've been a 2-in-1 figure. Considering they'd have just had to add the rest of this costume, you think they would've done it that way. It would have probably sold better if they did it that way.

Yeah, maybe HT got greedy and wanted to sell 2 instead of 1, LOL?

Given the lukewarm response and poor sales of the Rescue version, even as an exclusive, I'd say this one was put on the back burner indefinitely. Maybe as a promo for when Winter Soldier comes out.

I thought the Rescue version was the best one. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Your trolling is below this forum's standard.

Do you realize how stupid saying that makes you look? Let me explain something to you. Just because someone does not agree with you it does not mean they are trolling. Do you even know the meaning of trolling? Maybe you do but you made a choice to be stupid.

Back