So I guess its Faith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HL2 Master

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After checking this thread,

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36355

I have seen that Faith got the most votes, I noticed that some people were saying that they did not want to commit to anything until they saw a final product, I totally understand.

So first and foremost I think that we should all comto an agreement on a few potential artists who would comission sculpt, then see who would be willin to have a go at it and how many people they would want to commit before they made multiple copies.

So who is with me on the idea? People whose work I have seen and come to mind would be Ada Chan, Spencer, and maybe sovereign studios.

HL2

Not Ada. I think her female sculpts are very weak sadly. I'm not familiar with SS and that leaves Spencer who I'm not sure would be interested, would he?

I'm on for Trev or Wayne. But I dunno that Wayne would take on this Faith task. Guess you never know.

I guess I will go with Spencer too because his mal blew me away. I'm still sad I don't have him! Mal that is, not Spencer...no offense Spencer... ;)

i want a faith if that is who we're gonna settle for.*sigh*:rolleyes:

j/k

actually this will be great cuz all i have to do is find a cheap SS faith and pull the ol' head switcheroo trick.

Yeah, if Spenser does a Faith sculpt I'd be in. Wes is awesome, I just need to get a body and clothes for him.:lol

Hell, I still need a head for him. Sad I missed out on that.

I really would have preferred Fred, but if we get a good Faith sculpt, I'll buy one. But I would need to see how it turns out before I commit.

I said I was up for a group commison of faith and I stand by that.

I agree on not Ada, her female sculpts are not as great as her male heads. And they tend to have some scale issues.

Spenser would be great if he was willing. Everything I've seen of his here has been awsome.

How about Chris Howes ? He did a Robert Downey JR sculpt a while back and is currently doing a set of Joker and Bruce Wayne heads.

I'm in if the sculpt is good. I think either Spenser or Chris would be great. Agree not Ada, only because there is usually a lot of 'back and forth' to get her to make changes if the sculpt needs fixing and I think Spenser or Chris would be more responsive if changes were needed. However, I don't know how good either are at female sculpts. On the other hand, a sculpt is a sculpt, right? :rolleyes: OK, maybe not... :eek:

faith seems like a hard sculpt. the sculpter needs to get her pouty lips and lidded eyes perfect for sure.

Buffy_Faith_300x435.jpg

Thats the hard part. We already have a nice sculpt, it just doesn't look like Faith. And Mat Falls is a great sculptor.

Faith may be a challenging sculpt but thats no reason to just abandon it and say its to hard lets go for something else thats easier.

Sideshow may have had a greast sculptor working on the figure but this wouldnt be the first time one of thier sculpts was off for various reasons. I still think someone like Chris Howes or Spenser would have no problem nailing this one.

As for Fred, I want Fred to. I see no reason not to just try and commison both at the same time. 13 people voted for Faith, 12 for Fred. I'm sure there is some cross over among that. It would satisfy everyone, I just dont think it would be right to abandon Faith who won the poll beacuse she is a hard sculpt or beacusre we have one.....that looks nothing like Faith. And at least with Faith your spared the expense of an outfit and accesories. heck yoy even have a box just a newer and better sculpt.

I think the problem with SS Faith has partly to do with the difficulty of sculpting female heads. Even at this larger (than 1:8 or 1:10) scale, a certain amount of exaggeration is necessary to work as a recognizable portrait of a real person. Male characters normally have distinctive features that are very forgiving in terms of what can be accented to help the recognition factor--wrinkles, pores, large noses, neck/chins, etc. But with female characters, particularly young ones, the features are so soft, it’s difficult to balance exaggeration versus softness. Mat’s Faith, like Andy’s Willow, is a bit of a caricature. Feature for feature, they may be reasonably close to the actress, but altogether they’re out of proportion and off.

Eliza Dukshu’s eyes, nose, and mouth are very distinctive, which can actually facilitate the likeness. Personally, I think people with generic features are more difficult to portray. The sculpt can be of anyone. That’s why so many Harrison Fords look like Dennis Quaid and Nathan Fillions look like Bill Pullman. The character-specific expressions can dispel that a lot. I don’t think Faith’s eyes will be too bad, honestly. I’m more concerned about the expression--Faith seemed to have two modes on the show, scowling or grinning, and the hair. Again I whisper conspiratorially, “wig, maybe?” One thing I don’t want is long sculpted hair that immobilizes her head. I would rather have a ponytail, though that is also a compromise to her look IMO.

The hair on Sideshow's faith didnt imobilize her head to a large degree. A wig would work I guess if we were able to find them somewhere. I dont have a prefrence to sculpted hair vs rooted/wig hair.

Back