Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to me, the troll is sculpted to such a level of awesomeness, to compare the dwarf to the troll, I have to say the dwarf does look a little sub-standard in the sculpt quality (no disrespect to the sculptor, cuz it's 10x better than I could ever do)

Looks like a cool sculpt, but the piece holds no attachment for me; I have never played the game it is based on.

He looked $400 plus to me, and didn't seem to support an exclusive. I was hoping the dwarf would be the exclusive accessory, but at the same time I'm happy he is not removable.

I don't pretend to have a clue as to whether or not there is an excl. edition for the Snow Troll, but based on the photo's taken of SS's LOTR display it's pretty clear that every maquette featured was the reg. edition version......I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Same with the price. I do remember reading somewhere that someone initially thought they saw a $325 price tag attached to this piece, though I really don't know what to make of that. At that price this statue IMO would be a steal, though realistically speaking I can't see it going that low.

No, if you saw it in person as we did you would know that it simply cannot come in at that low of a price. Impressive piece, nice compliment to the line too. I checked and there was no price displayed, but I was not there until saturday.

No, if you saw it in person as we did you would know that it simply cannot come in at that low of a price. Impressive piece, nice compliment to the line too. I checked and there was no price displayed, but I was not there until saturday.

Well there you have it then. As much as I would have loved a $325 price tag there's no way I see that happening. One thing's for sure....I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's reveal. :lecture

I doubt there will be an exclusive to this piece. If it does it won't be a switch out piece but maybe something of a nod to the game as far as a nameplate. Price wise I still think $400-450.

I doubt there will be an exclusive to this piece. If it does it won't be a switch out piece but maybe something of a nod to the game as far as a nameplate. Price wise I still think $400-450.

You may be right, but I think that would be a big mistake. I think the sales, or more correctly, lack of sales of the John Howe Middle-Earth statues are a pretty good example of how responsive LOTR collectors are to statues that are non-movie related and priced in the $400-450 range. And it's not like you're going to get alot of gamers jumping on board yet....at least not for several month's when the game finally makes it's debut.

I just would be really surprised if it comes under $400. That I think is the bottom number for how big this is, another Troll in the future, or an eventual Balrog piece. So while I agree that chunk of money will make people really think about their spending I do think thats the area we're looking at.

I was wrong on the release of the game I said September in another thread but its November.

I agree. $450 seems about right.

It will be interesting to watch this new game-inspired line of statues, to see if it brings in many new collectors. Or if it ends up being just a subset of the current group of LOTR collectors that buy up the new line.

I'm not sure there will be anything more from the game made. Maybe another creature like one of the cool Uruks they show on the game site but I think this very well could be a one off.

Well, here I go again. I know I read somewhere that they were planning on more statues from the game, but now I can't find the reference. :lol

I'm sure I didn't imagine it. Really. Seriously. I think...

In the recent SS LOTR video SS made mention of the fact this was the 1st statue in the new LOTR War in the North line, so I think SS definitely has more statues/characters in mind.

I think more creatures from the game would depend on the sales of this particular piece. Like I said if we see more it would be some of the other creature designs.

I hope this line (if in fact it is a line) doesnt affect the timing of movie related LOTR offerings,but thats just me being selfish :lol

Back