Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I missed you AF, along with the entire Florida crew...

Although I really thought I spotted you at the airport today.

Sorry I missed you AF, along with the entire Florida crew...

Although I really thought I spotted you at the airport today.

Hey Fury, its all good my friend. Yeah I was keeping an eye out for you once Bam said you got into town. Maybe at another time man. As for the airport, nope wasnt me, I left Sunday morning man. Ive been at home all day today uploading photos sir. Take care, one of these days the crew will get together again.

SnowTrollPreview1.png

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Last edited:
Glad you guys all like him, he does look marvelous in person. Unfortunately for me, this ones going to have to be a pass due to financial strains and wanting other items more. Glad Arwen didn't come out of the gate yet. I'm hoping I don't have to make a similar decision with her. I love the maquette line.

There are 2 detractors to this piece for me:
1) The dwarf takes away from the awesomeness, just like Gandalf did with the GTG vs Balrog
2) He looks too close to the Cave Troll pose. Had they chosen a different pose (ie, Battle Troll of Mordor was a unique pose), then I can see where it would look unique. As it stands, it's nothing but a copycat of something we know is awesome.

Now . . .I can certainly see where this appeals to those who don't have the Cave troll yet. And for those people, this will work nicely.

Last edited:
There are 2 detractors to this piece for me:
1) The dwarf takes away from the awesomeness, just like Gandalf did with the GTG vs Balrog
2) He looks too close to the Cave Troll pose. Had they chosen a different pose (ie, Battle Troll of Mordor was a unique pose), then I can see where it would look unique. As it stands, it's nothing but a copycat of something we know is awesome.

Now . . .I can certainly see where this appeals to those who don't have the Cave troll yet. And for those people, this will work nicely.

1. Would have to disagree that the Dwarf taking away from anything. It only adds to the scene much the same way the solider did the battle Troll or GTG did with the Rog dio.

2. I like that he resembles the CT. Its a nice nod and having had the CT it will be nice for that reason. Its not a copycat though because it has a Dwarf and Troll armor of a sort both of which were missing from the CT.

So it appeals to a former owner for those reasons. :)

I am going to have to decide on this figure when I see the final price and the terms of the Flexpay. I may be able to swing it, but I am not sure just yet. I'd like to get the last little bit of credit card debt I have wiped out before committing to future purchases, but if the flexpay is forgiving enough, I should be able to make this work.

He looks great, and the original Cave Troll was my favorite statue of the SSW line, and my favorite monster from the first movie. It would be nice to "replace" him!

I wonder if this might have an exclusive, or what it might be?

He looked $400 plus to me, and didn't seem to support an exclusive. I was hoping the dwarf would be the exclusive accessory, but at the same time I'm happy he is not removable.

I'll be very surprised if it comes in at less than $400. $450 seems more likely to me.

But I hope everyone who wants one is able to get it. I'll be passing for pretty much the same reasons as fury, but it does look very nice.

Back