Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol :lol :lol

Stupid sideshow.

View attachment 169211

More failure here: https://geektyrant.com/news/star-wars-han-solo-hoth-sideshow-collectibles-action-figure-review

Tailoring and leather work are good, I'd give 'em that. Most of the molded pieces looks like poop. Boots and gloves especially.

Is this real life? :mwaha

That looks like a figure from 1992 :lol

Fixed :lol

Looks awful. Plus, I like how figure reviews around the net are always written by collecting newbs who've just discovered the one-sixth scale :lol. The way the guy wrote that article, gives you the impression that it's best figure ever conceived.

*that have been "provided" to them for free. I wonder how great it would be, if he had to shell out $200 for it? :lol

Oh man, someone should ask him that in the comment section :rotfl.

Good point. I think there's a sort of bias from reviewers when SSC just gives their figures away for free.

They definitely are smart enough to give it to newb nincompoops. It might be the only thing they do right marketing wise.

Well, after seeing how Snake and Hoth Han turned out, Sideshow Indy is Doomed. :ohbfrank:

I'm keeping my order since I like the EX stones... but I'm ready to cancel at a moments notice.

SSC lost almost all credibility with Drake. It's all gone now with Snake and now this thing that's supposed to be Han.

Drake definitely was the beginning of the end. Funnily enough, I think Han is much worse than how Snake turned out.

I think what's more embarrassing is that you've got these companies like 3Zero and Star Ace that are just starting out in the realistic, high-end 1/6th world (3Zero has been around a while, I think, but this is really the first time they've done something like this), and they're putting Sideshow to shame. For a company that's been around as long as they have, and who has such a large presence, there's really no excuse for that stuff. I really can't think of another company that does this stuff in this hobby.

:exactly:

The Heisenberg figure is basically the price of what SSC charges for any standard figure now, and it's got like 2-3 times the quality.

I don't know why, but I kinda like the Gotham Knight Batman that just went up for order. I'll wait on in hand reviews though. Did anyone get the last Batman figure? I heard it wasn't bad.

I don't know why, but I kinda like the Gotham Knight Batman that just went up for order. I'll wait on in hand reviews though. Did anyone get the last Batman figure? I heard it wasn't bad.

I don't think it was that bad but a lot of people ended up replacing heads. Some guy made a Jim Lee head sculpt and it turned out pretty damned good.

Gotham knight is essentially the blue bats. I think the mouth pieces are different though. I can't say for sure. But 2 of the 3 heads are the same.

I don't think it was that bad but a lot of people ended up replacing heads. Some guy made a Jim Lee head sculpt and it turned out pretty damned good.

Gotham knight is essentially the blue bats. I think the mouth pieces are different though. I can't say for sure. But 2 of the 3 heads are the same.

Belt pouches look a little different too. I prefer the darker outfit. I like the long ear cowl the most.

I think with the right sculpt, it'll look glorious.

Finished customizing my SS Batman today. I painted the Erick Sosa/Ashkan/Tony Mei head yesterday, giving him the stubble as in All Star Batman. Swapped belts with my previous custom Bats, and modded the trunks a bit to reduce their thickness. Enjoy. :)

IMG_2048_2_small.jpg

IMG_2045_2_small.jpg

IMG_2065_2_small.jpg

IMG_2055_2_small.jpg

IMG_2059_2_small.jpg

Is this real life? :mwaha

Fixed :lol

They definitely are smart enough to give it to newb nincompoops. It might be the only thing they do right marketing wise.

I'm keeping my order since I like the EX stones... but I'm ready to cancel at a moments notice.

Drake definitely was the beginning of the end. Funnily enough, I think Han is much worse than how Snake turned out.

:exactly:

The Heisenberg figure is basically the price of what SSC charges for any standard figure now, and it's got like 2-3 times the quality.

You aren't alone. That long eared cowl and the regular faceplate look great, and I love the shiny black Batsymbol.

You aren't alone. That long eared cowl and the regular faceplate look great, and I love the shiny black Batsymbol.

Short ears look good on Lee's Batman, but I've always preferred the horned cowl. I'm glad the Arkham Bat suits all have it.

I've always loved the Golden Age look. I would kill for an official Batman with those Devil horns and the purple gloves.

Not a fan of the purple gloves, but I dig the cowl.

On a side note. It goes without saying probably, but I hope Rocksteady gives us a truck load of classic suits in Arkham Knight. Namely the Burton suits.

That's one of the things that excites me the most about next-gen. They no longer have to rely on the standard UE3 body types. The way I see it, if LEGO can do everything from Nolan to West, and Injustice can have Returns skins, I don't see why we can't get the same stuff in Arkham. The thing that excites me is the prospect of vehicle skins. Could you imagine playing as TAS Batman in that respective Batmobile, or Keaton, and, when you enter Battle Mode, the Brownings pop out of the hood? I'd lose my ****.

Soon as I heard the Batmobile was in it... I began to pray they would include the Burton skin for it :drool

TAS skins are a given, probably the car too.

Honestly, I'm a fan of the TDK Trilogy, so, I wouldn't mind seeing those skins, either. It'd be awesome if we got skins and vehicle skins spanning throughout Batman's history. I'd probably have a difficult time not driving around Gotham in the Barris Batmobile with a West skin, but I just think that, if this really is their final Batman game, they may as well go out with a bang by delivering the ultimate Batman experience.

Yeah I can't see them leaving any stone unturned for this one. The AC outfits were great. I was blown away that the TAS outfit was included.

Speaking of TAS, I think I'm ordering those figures tomorrow since I plan on getting the entire line.

Definitely, man. Be careful with the first wave, as they had some pretty rough QC, but, from what I've seen, they've fixed the issues for Joker and beyond, which means that from Wave 2 forward, they should be solid. They're awesome figures and the designs are incredible. If they resolicit the Wave 1 figures without issues, though, I may flip mine and rebuy them. They had those hip holes, and, if Joker's any indication, those things won't be an issue any longer.

Yeah I remember Zod was mentioning in here that there were problems with them, and he was afraid to remove them from the cards. At least Amazon has a easy return policy if there is a problem.

Well, DC Collectibles also set up an email for people who get broken figures. I've seen pics of the replacement, and they actually come with a handwritten note of approval from the Vice President of the Company. The dude is awesome. I've emailed the CS address they set up with questions about the line and he's always been really communicative and genuine.

That's reassuring, nice to see a company truly care about their costumers. Is there anybody they haven't shown yet from the series? Seems like they're doing absolutely everyone. The only one I can think of that I didn't see yet was Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back