Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where it gets complicated for me. It's like I don't know how I'd feel about myself if I was talking about spit roasting a dude, but, at the same time, you've got that little voice in the back of your head telling you:

Last edited:
I personally think, anyone who puts their hands on a child, should be erased from existence.

That's what's so terrible about it. With a murderer, you can say "you took a life, we take yours," but when you're talking about something like a loss of innocence. How do you measure the punishment for such an action? I mean, how does a parent live with something like that, even, and I can totally understand why they would want to see the monster punished to the full extent.

At the same time, though, as an observer, it's difficult to condone execution for it, for me, at least. I guess it's just different for everybody. Personally, I'd say life imprisonment without the possibility of parole would be appropriate. Too many of these guys get back out there and do it again.

That's very true, and that story you posted raises some more questions about it. Ultimately, I wonder if it wouldn't be beneficial to let the parents decide the fate?

If the country was run the way it should be, and not run by this broken legal system... parents should definitely should be involved with it. I mean, whenever someone gets executed, there's an executioner doing the job. Why not let the victim's family do the job if they wish?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if executions come to an end in every state besides Texas.

I feel like that's the best way to go about it. We can't possibly understand what people have gone through, and, at the end of the day, they're the ones who deserve justice, so, it should be left up to them to decide what a suitable punishment is.

I do think this human rights BS is a little ridiculous, though. A guy can butcher people while they're still alive, but the ACLU demands that his punishment be swift and painless?

I've always been a firm believer in the idea that the simplest answer can, oftentimes, be the best one, and, with that in mind, I strongly agree with you.

I think if executions became more common and were carried out in the same heinous way the crime was committed, it would definitely impact the nation and reduce higher end crimes. These bastards go on death row and delay it for years with appeals.

I've always been curious what crime rates must've been like in the medieval period? Seeing a corpse locked in a cage outside of a castle had to be the world's most effective "scared straight" program?:lol

:rotfl

If medieval executions were brought back for minor crimes, you'd see crime completely drop off. Things like this :lol

William Wallace's actual death was actually 100 times worse than that. He was most likely hung, drawn, and quartered. One of the worst ways to be executed, aside from "death from one thousand cuts" from the Chinese. Whatever you do, don't Google those :ohbfrank:.

Braveheart is such an excellent film. This scene just makes me want to rip my shirt off to expose my chest hair, and let out a war cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back