Snake Eyes Pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want perfection, it's gonna cost ya. It's not SS fault if you can't afford it.

I agree with this completely, SS will charge what they feel people will pay, take into account R&D, production cost, every single plastic molded item does have an injection molded tool -I work in the business so I know.

This all has to be payed for, its only now when Im older that I have more disposable income that I can afford figures like this.

If you dont think people can afford to pay the prices - just look how fast the exclusive version of Snake Eyes sold out! and its not out untill next year.

If you dont think people can afford to pay the prices - just look how fast the exclusive version of Snake Eyes sold out! and its not out untill next year.

There's no doubt a lot of people can afford it. A lot more on the other hand could afford $75.

I think what product SSC offers and its price is a function of a few things:
1. quality vs affordability
2. quantity vs profit margin

I think its possible that SSC could offer a slightly less quality version for less. I think its possible that SSC could produce more units of the same quality and charge less per unit.

But these things may go against SSC's goal of either being a super high quality maker or being a limited edition producer.

The people that "don't get" SSC's mission on these fronts have a valid reason to complain.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see SSC make 10 bazillion figures if it meant they'd be cheaper for me, as I can care less about owning something limited.

Also, while I want something much better than Hasbro's Joes, I don't need the most amazing items either. I'm somewhere in between. I'd love a $75 good Snake Eyes and would be willing to pay either SSC less for less or Hasbro more for more.

Ok blog, but he fails to mention why there are no longer any $50 Star Wars SS figures. People whined and wanted the perfect figure for $50, and pulled out $120 Hot Toy and $150 Medicoms wanting them to be just like them, for $50 and that ^^^^ wasn't going to happen.

Hasbro put out Jango for $50, and for the most part, that figure was a complete turd. Want perfection, it's gonna cost ya. It's not SS fault if you can't afford it.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Perfectly stated!

I don't think most people who can't afford it "want perfection". Seems like a strawman argument.

As I stated above. Most people complaining would be happy to take something somewhere between $120 and $20 price as well as the resultant quality...its just that some are willing to pay a mark up for uberquality where some are not. Some want to pay $20 for crap some don't.

Its just a shame there isn't a middle ground too.

I don't think most people who can't afford it "want perfection". Seems like a strawman argument.

As I stated above. Most people complaining would be happy to take something somewhere between $120 and $20 price as well as the resultant quality.

What about the people who dont want lower quality? What about the people willing and happy to pay for a much higher quality figure? Sidshow should not have to hold themselves back to accommodate those who would settle for less just to pay less.

What about the people who dont want lower quality? What about the people willing and happy to pay for a much higher quality figure? Sidshow should not have to hold themselves back to accommodate those who would settle for less just to pay less.

Exactly. And I agree on that front to. Thats the point of my lengthy post a few posts above.

Its a discussion and a give and take. Both here in the forums but also in the economy of buy and sell. If a significant amount of people voice themselves with their voice and their wallet then SSC gets an impression of what they want.

Obviously, as of now, the voice is speaking for uber-quality at high prices. Just because that voice is winning now doesn't mean the other voices should be silenced, which is my impression of "if you don't like it why post here" and "its your fault for not affording it".

What I think is sorta sad is SSC used to be the supplier for the middle ground and HT was above them and Hasbro was below them.

Now SSC is more like HT and nobody is really serving the old SSC middle ground.

Obviously, as of now, the voice is speaking for uber-quality at high prices. Just because that voice is winning now doesn't mean the other voices should be silenced, which is my impression of "if you don't like it why post here" and "its your fault for not affording it".

You're right, but voices can be heard, but when you have heard the same "sideshow is pricing out its customers" & "Sideshow is just getting greedy" argument for the last 2 years it gets old.

I'll leave the subject alone.

Thats why I approached my buddy at Sandtroopers with you cant buy an Aston Martin for a Chevy price. Also I said some people want something for nothing in this high end figures and that ain't happening.

Again, IMO, thats a strawman argument. I think the people are wondering where the Chevy's are, not that the Aston Martin's aren't priced like a Chevy.

We've got Pintos and Ashton Martins...be nice to have a middle ground too.

If you are going to an Aston Martin dealer looking to find a pinto.... well I have nothing to say..... :lol

You will my child. Meditate on it deeply. Climb a mountain. Cross many streams. Always keeping this question in your heart.... and.... you will know.

Again, IMO, thats a strawman argument. I think the people are wondering where the Chevy's are, not that the Aston Martin's aren't priced like a Chevy.

We've got Pintos and Ashton Martins...be nice to have a middle ground too.

Let me put it this way to help you out. People are wanting Hasbro prices on SS/Medicom/HT figures. In other words Chevy (Hasbro) and Aston Martin (SS/HT/Medicom) IMO it boils down to this. You can call it a straw man argument but I think the folks who've been collecting Hasbro for a while expect something for nothing with these High End figures.

I totally agree. The people with this mind set typically came into the 1:6 hobby via Hasbro and the 3 3/4 line... I never collected that stuff so I never had those expectations. But the people who did seem to feel entitled to the best product possible at the cheapest price.

I totally agree. The people with this mind set typically came into the 1:6 hobby via Hasbro and the 3 3/4 line... I never collected that stuff so I never had those expectations. But the people who did seem to feel entitled to the best product possible at the cheapest price.

I very easily could be wrong but this is just how it appears. These things with the limited nature of them you don't get the best for the cheapest.

Let me put it this way to help you out. People are wanting Hasbro prices on SS/Medicom/HT figures. In other words Chevy (Hasbro) and Aston Martin (SS/HT/Medicom) IMO it boils down to this. You can call it a straw man argument but I think the folks who've been collecting Hasbro for a while expect something for nothing with these High End figures.

I guess I just disagree. If Hasbro=Chevy and SSC=Ashton Martin, I believe most people complaining because they want something in between. Lets say Volkswagon.:dunno.

In the past, SSC was making Volkswagons. They drew me in from Hasbro when I knew I couldn't afford Medicom when SSC prices were $50.

I grant you that $50 has risen to about $65 in today's market, but the Snake Eyes seems to reflect more than inflation. Its a change to being Ashton Martin dealers rather than Volks dealers.

Thats my concern. I don't want Chevy and I don't want Ashton Martins.

I want that middle ground that SSC previously staked claim.

Also, I don't agree that most people want something for nothing. I think thats the straw argument. People just want something in the range they can afford.

I wouldn't say that is a fair example. I started buying Hasbro and Movie maniacs. I do not worry about the price of statues and figures now. I am mostly concerened about the starving children in Africa. :lecture :rotfl:chew:rotfl

Back