Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and canceled mine. As much as I was looking forward to this figure, just can't justify the price tag for the end result.

I went ahead and canceled mine. As much as I was looking forward to this figure, just can't justify the price tag for the end result.

I'm now on the fence as well, which is sad and disappointing. I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and keep my order, though. I really want to give this figure (and the line) a fighting chance.

sideshow needs to up the anny. they have a good line here as long as they dont kill it. my biggest issue with sideshows figures is that they never put enough attention into the figure as a whole. for one i hate se's boots. i dont understand why they dont put leather like material for his boots and laces and drop that stupid molded rubber crap. other companies do it and it really helps bring the figure to life. it really turns me away from their figures when i have to result to seeking better equipment elsewhere. its lazy and uncalled for. esepcially for the price. and im not about to pay 120 for just his gear. that'd be a jip.

they know what they can do, they just choose not to do it. and if cc has the same lack of quality overall, im done with the line. and sideshows 1/6 figs.

SS just isn't that good at 1/6. I wish they would just drop 1/6 and go do what they do best.

I mean they have their moments and i like some of their figs a lot but.....

Yeah, like Medicom does a better job? :rotfl $150 eggshell statues that aren't even true 1:6. :huh I'd rather see Medicom bail on that genre before Sideshow and stick to what they do best, Kubricks.

sideshow needs to up the anny. they have a good line here as long as they dont kill it. my biggest issue with sideshows figures is that they never put enough attention into the figure as a whole. for one i hate se's boots. i dont understand why they dont put leather like material for his boots and laces and drop that stupid molded rubber crap. other companies do it and it really helps bring the figure to life. it really turns me away from their figures when i have to result to seeking better equipment elsewhere. its lazy and uncalled for. esepcially for the price. and im not about to pay 120 for just his gear. that'd be a jip.

they know what they can do, they just choose not to do it. and if cc has the same lack of quality overall, im done with the line. and sideshows 1/6 figs.

Price. Instead of complaining about paying $120 for him, you would be complaining about having to pay $140 for just gear and leather boots. Additionally, I'm certain it's not a matter of being lazy. From what I've seen, they work their asses off in designing every aspect of the figure, from concept, to the accessories, to the costume and the box. It's just that sometimes no matter how hard you try, the end result is not quite what you expected. And in this case, it's obviously a miss.

I remember when this figure was announced and then orderable and people went ape^^^^ over it. Then once body issues were shown in the final product (which was predictable thanks to Indy) suddenly people are knitpicking at the various accessories etc. Interesting times. The figure itself looks no different in terms of what if comes with its just the final look on the body factory produced is horrid. Makes you wonder though what was done to the original figure when it was shown and if it can be replicated without switching out bodies.

Yeah, like Medicom does a better job? :rotfl $150 eggshell statues that aren't even true 1:6. :huh I'd rather see Medicom bail on that genre before Sideshow and stick to what they do best, Kubricks.

Price. Instead of complaining about paying $120 for him, you would be complaining about having to pay $140 for just gear and leather boots. Additionally, I'm certain it's not a matter of being lazy. From what I've seen, they work their asses off in designing every aspect of the figure, from concept, to the accessories, to the costume and the box. It's just that sometimes no matter how hard you try, the end result is not quite what you expected. And in this case, it's obviously a miss.

wich is why i cancelled mine. i know they work their asses off, but isnt that what a prototype is for? and besides, if their letting that much crap get through their quality control at the manufacturer then id be considering finding someone who will make them more accurate to their specs instead of letting it be much less than the prototype and selling it anyway.

I remember when this figure was announced and then orderable and people went ape^^^^ over it. Then once body issues were shown in the final product (which was predictable thanks to Indy) suddenly people are knitpicking at the various accessories etc. Interesting times. The figure itself looks no different in terms of what if comes with its just the final look on the body factory produced is horrid. Makes you wonder though what was done to the original figure when it was shown and if it can be replicated without switching out bodies.

I agree with most of that, but I'll point out that the suit material appears to be different (again, nothing really new with Sideshow) and that the visor at least appears to be larger. :huh

Again, though, I'll keep my order and wait until I have it in hand before making any final judgments on this figure. To this point, however, I am leaning toward disappointment. :(

I cancelled my ex a few weeks back...decided I'm gonna concentrate on other lines rather than start a new one...one that could be crappy.

I feel the exact opposite. I feel shoes maked with real laces and materail always end up looking too big and therefore "dollish." The sculpted boots are the correct size they should be and look great. Plus you couldn't get those bent feet poses with the real materal boots (or at least very well).

wow...seems like everyone has the cancel snake eyes bug...I knew this was gonna happen

I'm still holding strong to not canceling :rock

Seems like me and EF are the only ones keeping the faith :lol

i'm keeping him too...had to cancel an Indy fig to keep him but I will. I don't think most of the things being complained about will be an issue when he's in-hand. at least not to me.

Not gonna cancel it, Period. If i get him, and I hate him ( which has never happend to date, not even on fail figures like Yavin luke) Then He goes back. I don't see enough of a difference between the proto and the finished figure to warrent all of the decrying. I do remember another thread that was JUST like this a while back with all the " he sucks, " He's not been released yet" back and forth nonsence. Medicom Darth Maul. And just like then, everyone needs to wait untill some in-hand shots, and overly critical people ( like Irish ;) ) Get ahold of him. Then we listen to what they say. let the rose-colored people Get himl, listen to what they say, THEN make up our minds.
A handfull of pictures, and 1 review are simple not a good picture of the figure as a whole.

I feel the exact opposite. I feel shoes maked with real laces and materail always end up looking too big and therefore "dollish." The sculpted boots are the correct size they should be and look great. Plus you couldn't get those bent feet poses with the real materal boots (or at least very well).

i dont. the perfect example of this is the subject 805, or the pamela vorhees figure, etc. imo. i dont see how.

101_1284.jpg

101_1286.jpg

but we cant since the boot is the foot. thats what sucks. and im curious to see how well he will stand on his own with that ball joint on the feet. prolly wont be an issue but ya never know. :huh

Back