Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if im gunna kitbash, then ill start from scratch and not already 120 in the hole. but thats just me. and ill have to rephrase what i was trying to imply in the above statement. for one, sideshow has to know about the issues surrounding their figures, and it seems as they do very little to improve on the minor issues. secondly, charging almost double than normal for a new body and accessories is lame. body upgrades should come with the territory at no charge. and just because his gear is badass dont mean its worth that much more money. at least to me. thats what i was trying to imply. i hope he is better in person than what he looks. wich im sure he will be, but i hope the imperfections dont out weigh the good.

Actually, modifications to stock figures is the mainstay of this hobby.
You'll find far more people kitbashing and customizing then people that only collect stock figures.

I understand your point, but I think thats the exception. While I've done mods to some of my figures a vast majority of them are as they were in the box with only minor futzing. I'd bet less than 50% of people have ever done more than the water treatment and I bet of those its only on 50% of their figures.

I understand your point, but I think thats the exception. While I've done mods to some of my figures a vast majority of them are as they were in the box with only minor futzing. I'd bet less than 50% of people have ever done more than the water treatment and I bet of those its only on 50% of their figures.

good point. there is truth in that cuz i only modified about 5 or six of my figures. and it wasnt much cuz i didnt want to take away too much of how he was meant to be released and what made me interested in him to begin with.

Actually, modifications to stock figures is the mainstay of this hobby.
You'll find far more people kitbashing and customizing then people that only collect stock figures.

We even do it with the higher-end releases from HotToys. There's a thread where people are actually cutting apart and customizing the $180 HT Predators (which IMO is insane :lol). It's as much a part of this hobby as the MIB'ers and the flippers.

well if im gunna kitbash, then ill start from scratch and not already 120 in the hole. but thats just me. and ill have to rephrase what i was trying to imply in the above statement. for one, sideshow has to know about the issues surrounding their figures, and it seems as they do very little to improve on the minor issues. secondly, charging almost double than normal for a new body and accessories is lame. body upgrades should come with the territory at no charge. and just because his gear is badass dont mean its worth that much more money. at least to me. thats what i was trying to imply. i hope he is better in person than what he looks. wich im sure he will be, but i hope the imperfections dont out weigh the good.

I hear ya, but at the same time, I disagree. $40 for a complete TrueType body, $5 for a balaclava, $5 for goggles, $15 for a pair of leather boots, $20 for a diving outfit, $15 for a tactical vest, $7 for an Uzi, $12 for a pistol w/holster, $8 for loose TT gloved hands, $10 for Samurai sword, etc, that's $132 so far, not even complete and not including shipping which will be extensive as you'll need to hit up several retailers to get it all (possibly even multiple HK retailers). While there are always exceptions (like a Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent in suit) where it can be done for relatively cheap via custom kitbash compared to retail releases, this is the opposite.

Not only that, but m i the only one who's tried to find a Socom Mk32 Pistol with LAM and silencer in 1/6th? that pistol alone, when you can find it usually goes for like 20-25$, because it's so very hard to find. when Toyanxiety parts this guy out, I intend to snag one AND it's holster.

I share your frustration guys, I want the body to improve and wrote to Sideshow back in December asking them to do just that especially referring to the shoulders. Change should be coming, but slowly. These figures have been in production at least half a year before the preorder, longer for some. The first thing we'll see is the tightening of the Pro Body joints, then the proportion fixes. The proportion fixes won't be seen until after several releases, probably not until the end of this year that we will see the major improvements addressed.

I share your frustration guys, I want the body to improve and wrote to Sideshow back in December asking them to do just that especially referring to the shoulders. Change should be coming, but slowly. These figures have been in production at least half a year before the preorder, longer for some. The first thing we'll see is the tightening of the Pro Body joints, then the proportion fixes. The proportion fixes won't be seen until after several releases, probably not until the end of this year that we will see the major improvements addressed.

thats one of my biggest issues with sideshow. its not so much even an issue. its more of a setback to me. cuz they'll have numerous figures out, (not just this line), by the time they even address the issue. wich imo, thats poor and undoubtably uncalled for. i understand that the large numbers of sales has to do with their timing for the repairs, but it would be nice if they could have all the bugs worked out before they started pushing figures with upgrades. it always seems to be same problems in one way or another. its just getting old. and if the price is going up, then they can count me out for a lot of their figures. i know the pro is supposed to be better than the buck, but if the same problems carry over from the buck to the pro, then why pay more for the same issues. eventually it will come back to bite them in the ass. i just hope they work it out before they get ahead of themselves. the potential is there, and they are getting better as time goes by, i just hope they act on it in a timely fashion.

thats one of my biggest issues with sideshow. its not so much even an issue. its more of a setback to me. cuz they'll have numerous figures out, (not just this line), by the time they even address the issue. wich imo, thats poor and undoubtably uncalled for. i understand that the large numbers of sales has to do with their timing for the repairs, but it would be nice if they could have all the bugs worked out before they started pushing figures with upgrades. it always seems to be same problems in one way or another. its just getting old. and if the price is going up, then they can count me out for a lot of their figures. i know the pro is supposed to be better than the buck, but if the same problems carry over from the buck to the pro, then why pay more for the same issues. eventually it will come back to bite them in the ass. i just hope they work it out before they get ahead of themselves. the potential is there, and they are getting better as time goes by, i just hope they act on it in a timely fashion.

What issues carried over from the Buck to the Pro? The buck just looks odd. However, I've never gotten a Buck with narrow shoulders, a wobbly head and that vitamin deficiency that the Pro suffers from. :huh

i still think its lame that for a 120 dollars we are left to still perform modifications on these figures. thats like paying somebody to have something done and knowing its not going to be done right. thats just retarded.

The figure is virtually identical to the prototype. If you want modifications, that's your business.

What issues carried over from the Buck to the Pro? The buck just looks odd. However, I've never gotten a Buck with narrow shoulders, a wobbly head and that vitamin deficiency that the Pro suffers from. :huh

not that many figures have the pro yet. and time will show the flaws. as did the buck. you can say what you want and defend it all day but it still looks like ass.

Seems that it looks equally as odd on the True-Type as it does on the Prometheus. Wonder if its more a problem with the way the body sock is tailored?

Either way I still think with some futzing it will look good.

Are you blind? Or have you never seen virtually used in a sentence before?

The visor is the same. The fabric is different. What else is there?

dont know, have to wait til he is released to see more pros and cons. especially since in hand product is usually better than photographs.

wwhich is why alot of this whineing is silly, but untill we have him in hand...

cheese.jpg

not that many figures have the pro yet. and time will show the flaws. as did the buck. you can say what you want and defend it all day but it still looks like ass.

Reread the post. I'm not defending the Pro. All I'm saying is that your previous comment about the Pro inheriting flaws from the buck doesn't make sense because the issues I have with the Pro are not the same issues I had with the buck and you failed at noting any consistent flaws between the two.

Back