SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This episode was pretty dark - drug addiction, murder, deceit, heartbreak...but I like how they go to great lengths to show us Mercy isn't as ruthless as Lex. She's like '50s Lois Lane trying to trick Clark into revealing he's Superman. I really hoped they'd have some kind of flying hint though.

It looked like next week's preview hinted that they're finally gonna reveal the Davis/Doomsday connection. I sure hope so, I'm getting kinda tired of that song and dance.

And the big flying tease turned out to be just another bluff, of course. I had hoped we were past that crap this season.

Last night's episode was pretty good compared to some of the stuff churned out by Smallville in the past 7 seasons. Although I seriously rolled my eyes as Clark leaped out of the plane and just free fell off screen. The teasing is enough already. Don't really care for the Tess character though....

What a ^^^^ing cop out. I don't know why they are continously teasing the stupid flying....they are making Clark look short yellow bus worthy in terms of Kryptonians. I did like the chemistry between Lois and Clark because it reminded me of the camp between the old Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher duo. I loved Zatanna (and the hottie who played her) but thought they missed a major opportunity by being able to let Clark have some fun and have her wipe it clean or even give Clark the glasses identity and have Zatanna convince the world he always had them.

I do like that the Justice League are coming together and making Chloe "Watchtower" is an interesting twist (a little too Oracle...) but essentially Clark's story progressed no further.:(

That ending is begging to be turned into a JLA spinoff series.

The episode itself was ok, nothing spectacular. It's cool that they're not afraid to throw things like "real" magic in there and just have it be totally accepted instead of trying to come up with some bs explanation to make it more plausible. Bring on Dr. Fate for next season.

Smallville has gone full retard with magic before - remember when Chloe, Lana and Lois were witches?

And in the teaser for next week they showed the clip from this week with Chloe saying Up, up and away and then cutting to Clark flying, but the flying looked different. Hopefully they're leading up to it. He knows he can do it- he saw Kara and Brainiac doing it all the time.

I loved Erica in this episode - she had Allison down to a tee, at least in mannerisms and reactions. These body switching episodes really show the actors off well. I do feel that Zatanna was a bit underutilized, but hopefully we'll see her again soon.

Smallville has gone full retard with magic before - remember when Chloe, Lana and Lois were witches?

And in the teaser for next week they showed the clip from this week with Chloe saying Up, up and away and then cutting to Clark flying, but the flying looked different. Hopefully they're leading up to it. He knows he can do it- he saw Kara and Brainiac doing it all the time.

I loved Erica in this episode - she had Allison down to a tee, at least in mannerisms and reactions. These body switching episodes really show the actors off well. I do feel that Zatanna was a bit underutilized, but hopefully we'll see her again soon.

Oddly enough I think the "up up and away" and flying scene were from this weeks episode. She said that to clark right before he jumped up the building.

Gotta say, the "watchtower" made me giggle like a little girl! LOVED it. Also loved the chains flying around Green Arrow.

Did anyone notice how "Clark Kent" Clark was when his abilities and origin were wiped from his mind? So goodie two-shoes and awkward and campy. Also, in the last sequence with Zatanna when he's trying to convince her not to do it, his hair was "messy" and hung down on his forhead in a psuedo jerry-curl!

Oddly enough I think the "up up and away" and flying scene were from this weeks episode. She said that to clark right before he jumped up the building.

That was my point - they used a clip from this week's show to promote next week - kind of a cheat, unless he really does fly next week.

Did anyone notice how "Clark Kent" Clark was when his abilities and origin were wiped from his mind? So goodie two-shoes and awkward and campy. Also, in the last sequence with Zatanna when he's trying to convince her not to do it, his hair was "messy" and hung down on his forhead in a psuedo jerry-curl!

I loved the curl throwback and the Clark Kent mannerisms but my problem is that Lois already knows he isn't like that, so does Jimmy and anyone at the planet. Not to mention that without his secret identity being placed firmly intact he won't be assuming the Superman mantle anytime soon. At this point it feels like they are playing chicken with the Superman identity. I did enjoy the episode though and it got me right back into Smallville itself. I am really hoping for a Justice League spinoff because I think it could be done well and with Chloe assuming the role of "Watchtower" it'd explain why she'd be gone from Clark's day to day but not necessarily from his wife.

I loved the curl throwback and the Clark Kent mannerisms but my problem is that Lois already knows he isn't like that, so does Jimmy and anyone at the planet. Not to mention that without his secret identity being placed firmly intact he won't be assuming the Superman mantle anytime soon. At this point it feels like they are playing chicken with the Superman identity. I did enjoy the episode though and it got me right back into Smallville itself. I am really hoping for a Justice League spinoff because I think it could be done well and with Chloe assuming the role of "Watchtower" it'd explain why she'd be gone from Clark's day to day but not necessarily from his wife.

Agreed. There would still have to be some sort of reset on the whole universe. One trick they have up thier sleeves is still Zatanna. She could (as she gets more powerful) bring about a reset. Martian Manhunter could also bring about a global reset if his powers were boosted somehow.

That was my point - they used a clip from this week's show to promote next week - kind of a cheat, unless he really does fly next week.

Got ya. They have really been pressing the lack of flying issue...so I wouldnt put it past them to just all of the sudden without warning have Clark fly. At this point, however, I would rather it be at a really emotional point.

Best place in my opinion to have had Clark fly would have been last season when Lana went veggie cause of brainiac. Clark had just seen Brainy and Kara fly off to space...there was a HUGE window that Lana was looking out and CLark was pushed beyond rage and sorrow. I thought he should have turned around, looked out the window and took off towards Brainy...just my opinion.

I loved that Chloe finally took the place at watchtower, giving her a place in the show. I feel like this is finally where she belongs, not just clarks best friend/side kick. I'm wondering if this is why the league has never heard of her in the future?

Its a longshot but she still has some Brainiac in her right? Any chance she'd become some how full on A.I. and just go by "Watchtower" meaning that only the founding members of the JL would actually know "Chloe"?

Its a longshot but she still has some Brainiac in her right? Any chance she'd become some how full on A.I. and just go by "Watchtower" meaning that only the founding members of the JL would actually know "Chloe"?

thats what I was thinking. That now she is "watchtower" the JL will not know her by Chloe. At least I'm hoping thats it. I like her character, I hope they don't kill her off.

thats what I was thinking. That now she is "watchtower" the JL will not know her by Chloe. At least I'm hoping thats it. I like her character, I hope they don't kill her off.

Yea, I can see that. Only the founding members know her as Chloe and they want to keep it that way.

Well, it looks like Doomsday is now immune to Kryptonite. Should be an interesting finale to see.

Last edited:
Back