SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think it will be Chloe. The Legion did not know anything about her therefore sealing her fate.

One question, what happened with Clark's mom? She left to be a senator, right? Then what?

Luis

That is how they wrote Clarks mom off the show. So she left to be a senator and then you never see her again. haha.

Ok, so a farmer becomes a senator just like that? Did Lionel had anything to do with it?

Luis

No....Clark's Dad won a senate seat. Then he died. Then...like always happens when a Senator dies....the government just offered the job to the dead man's wife :rolleyes:

There may have been a small insinuation of Lionel's handy work....but it wasnt memorable enough for me to recall.

If you remember, Lionel was, if I can remember correctly, wasn't Lionel funding the campaign so that Lex would lose???????????????

If you remember, Lionel was, if I can remember correctly, wasn't Lionel funding the campaign so that Lex would lose???????????????

Yeah he was funding the campaign for Clark's Dad. He was also the one that told Martha that they wanted her to take over for her husband in the senate. They never really touched on him getting her the job. But maybe it was supposed to be assumed.

Man, I can't believe how hideous and scary looking Tori Spelling has become.

On the bright side, looks like Clark will actually fly next week...of course he probably won't actually know how to continue to do it.

Man, I can't believe how hideous and scary looking Tori Spelling has become.

The only downside to an otherwise great epsiode. Her acting was terrible (big surprise), and I didn't even remember her character.

I hope the "emergency flight" next week isn't just a one time thing. If we're getting a 9th season, Clark needs to fly. It's ridiculous to keep putting it off.

One thing I did think was a little off about this episode is that we just came off a big Clark/Lana romance and now Clark is instantly back to pining for Lois. Makes him seem a little flakey.

One thing I did think was a little off about this episode is that we just came off a big Clark/Lana romance and now Clark is instantly back to pining for Lois. Makes him seem a little flakey.

Not really - he's not pining for her, he's avoiding her to keep her safe, just like he did for Lana all those years.

I like how this episode advanced the mythology, but I wasn't too happy to see Tori again. But man I missed Erica, it was so good to see her again.

And Clark has never mentioned her ever since?

Oddly enough Clark was talking to her about losing her senate seat because of his secret in the newest episode!

Have you ever been reallllly in love with someone that left you? Even after you start to move on and have feelings for another person...if the lost love comes back the feelings can be just as strong as ever! Doesnt mean he stopped having feelings for Lois. So at this point Clark knows that Lois is "Special" and wants to protect her...its not unrequited love yet.

Loved this episode by the way. Love the reset button involving the Legion ring! Inventive instead of played out. Plus knowing how people would react is definately something Clark needed to see!

LOVED how they killed off Hydro loser in this episode. She thinks shes going to play Doomsday to get out of the restraints and he killed her instead!

One issue I had at first was Lois beating the crap out of Spelling. I was like...why doesnt she liquify. The answer has to be that she was holding the Legion ring. That ring gives off a bioelectric charge specific to Clark's genetic make up (at least I think its supposed to)...which makes you believe its a pretty strong charge....and because of that she couldnt liquify.

Another issue I had...Tori Spellings acting. I have seen kids in 3rd grade plays with more believability then her. She should NEVER ever ever work again. Didnt her dad die? He was the only reason she was getting work to begin with...

Loved this episode by the way. Love the reset button involving the Legion ring! Inventive instead of played out. Plus knowing how people would react is definately something Clark needed to see!

LOVED how they killed off Hydro loser in this episode. She thinks shes going to play Doomsday to get out of the restraints and he killed her instead!

One issue I had at first was Lois beating the crap out of Spelling. I was like...why doesnt she liquify. The answer has to be that she was holding the Legion ring. That ring gives off a bioelectric charge specific to Clark's genetic make up (at least I think its supposed to)...which makes you believe its a pretty strong charge....and because of that she couldnt liquify.

Another issue I had...Tori Spellings acting. I have seen kids in 3rd grade plays with more believability then her. She should NEVER ever ever work again. Didnt her dad die? He was the only reason she was getting work to begin with...

Would have been better if Doomsday snapped her neck or put his fist through her face.

Would have been better if Doomsday snapped her neck or put his fist through her face.

I was thinking to myself, "if he lets her go, I'm going to be SOOO pissed." Then he just killed her, it was AWESOME.

The lois/clark thing....it seems that they just swapped Lois for Lana, which I HATE. That is the ONE thing that I HATED the previous seasons for, this pinning "keeping you safe" mentality that clark has. Just never seems to end, thought the writers this year were a little more clever than that....

I was thinking to myself, "if he lets her go, I'm going to be SOOO pissed." Then he just killed her, it was AWESOME.

The lois/clark thing....it seems that they just swapped Lois for Lana, which I HATE. That is the ONE thing that I HATED the previous seasons for, this pinning "keeping you safe" mentality that clark has. Just never seems to end, thought the writers this year were a little more clever than that....

:lecture :lecture and please give us MORE Doomsday!! :rock

Clark is SUPPOSED to end up with Lois Lane, not Lana Lang. I think with better writing they will/can move the story along. Now that Smallville's getting a ninth season we'll get to see Clark and Lois's relationship take the next important step it must take. Because after that I guess we'll only see them in the next Superman movie. The last thing I heard was that Brandon Routh was still on board as Clark/Superman. Not sure who they'll get to play Lois now in the next movie. Erica Durance would be perfect though! :naughty I prefer Erica ANY DAY over seeing Kate Bosworth as Lois again!

Last edited:
Clark is SUPPOSED to end up with Lois Lane, not Lana Lang. I think with better writing they will/can move the story along. Now that Smallville's getting a ninth season we'll get to see Clark and Lois's relationship take the next important step it must take. Because after that I guess we'll only see them in the next Superman movie. The last thing I heard was that Brandon Routh was still on board as Clark/Superman. Not sure who they'll get to play Lois now in the next movie. Erica Durance would be perfect though! :naughty I prefer Erica ANY DAY over seeing Kate Bosworth as Lois again!

I surely agree with Erica playing Lois over Kate "give me a sandwich" Bosworth. We all know that Clark ends up with Lois, but even with that, do they have to the the SAME love struggle with her that they did with Lana? Lois is a MUCH different character than Lana (or she was before she took steroids). I just wish that it was something new, which is what this whole season has been so far.

I liked the episode, but I just knew the whole revealing his identity to Lois couldn't last. I figured they were gonna find some way to reverse it, but I guess it makes sense. And I agree with everyone about Tori Spelling, why she was cast in the first place, even if it wasn't that big a part, just puzzles me.

I really do hope we get to finally see Clark fly also, even if he doesn't don the suit. Although seeing Tom in the suit, even if it's the very last episode and only for like 3 seconds, would be awesome.

The way he killed her was actually well thought out IMO. Davis hasnt gone full Doomsday yet, and has been fighting it every step of the way. Plus his transformation was minimal. So the Suffocation was a great compromise between his two persona's in that it was a violent act, but not needlessly brutal.

I surely agree with Erica playing Lois over Kate "give me a sandwich" Bosworth. We all know that Clark ends up with Lois, but even with that, do they have to the the SAME love struggle with her that they did with Lana? Lois is a MUCH different character than Lana (or she was before she took steroids). I just wish that it was something new, which is what this whole season has been so far.

I think they do have to have the same love struggle. That is exactly what this episode was all about. It was meant to show how Clark wants to share his secret...especially with the ones he loves. But he can't because while he is untouchable, he can't protect everyone he loves all the time.

In other words, its the same love struggle because Clark still has secrets, and knows better then ever that sharing those secrets are dangers. Look how it worked out for him and Lana!

Back