Small Ant-Man figure to pose with Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecapn

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

First off, I apologize if this has been covered before - I tried to use the search but the new search...well, it's not so good.

I'm looking for a teeny-tiny Ant-Man to put with my HT figures - seems to me it's a good way to get him in the display without spending another $250, especially with the aftermarket prices skyrocketing on the HT version.

I'm debating on getting the HT CW Black Widow, which comes with a pretty nice little Ant-Man, but if I can find another solution, I'll grab it. I bet picking him up loose is a no-go, it'll probably go for a crazy amount on the 'bay.

I've seen the HT preview Black Ant-Man, but the paint job is meh, as is the pose. I like the Kings Arts figure with the action pose on the bullet, but he may be a bit comically big.

I also saw the SDCC 2015 Hasbro tiny version, but the pose is pretty lacking (what is he doing, squatting on a toilet?).

Does anyone have any tiny Ant-Man figures that they use with their HT figures? If so, which ones? Have any pics? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe the Marvel Select Ant-Man? Don't personally own that one, but the pose seems decent, the size okay, and the price isn't bad.

Here's a photo of the Marvel Select

Marvel-Select-Ant-Man-Figure-Ant-Man-Movie-2015-Diamond-Select-Toys.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I looked into that one, but from what I'm reading, it's 1 3/4" tall - way too big. The Kings Arts one might actually be the same size, but since he's "in motion" moving forward he ends up closer to 1"....which might look better?

I wish someone had some pics of some of these options standing beside a 12" figure so I could tell for sure!

What's the small one on the bottom left corner?
I'm kinda the same way, I'm not a big fan of the character so I really dont want to spend much, but having a micro one can add to the collection.

Yes that's mine! I like the Hot Toys Ant-man on Anthony the best. If you want one without Anthony I would say the King Arts one although it's a little odd because it depicts a shot bullet that he's running on but it has the bullet shell on it which makes no sense, lol. Also the one that comes with Hot Toys is decent. It's the exact same scale/size as the Ant-Man on Anthony one.

What's the small one on the bottom left corner?
I'm kinda the same way, I'm not a big fan of the character so I really dont want to spend much, but having a micro one can add to the collection.
It's the one that comes with Hot Toys Ant-Man.

i don't think the hasbro legends version is terrible.. but i think you'd have to have another figure holding him, or have him sitting on someones shoulder or something like that.

You got the following options:

IMG_1187.jpg

The smallest one is the 1.5cm SH Figuarts that hasn't been released yet, I just put a piece of paper there that I measured for reference lol.

There's also the Heroclix (click here to see) which is out, but I don't have it. I have the Thor heroclix though so I put that there so you could see the size.

Largest one is Marvel Select Ant-Man.

Guys and Gals, seriously, you are awesome and a wealth of knowledge as always. Thank you SO much.

Of the ones posted, I think I like the King Arts the best as a compromise of sculpt/paint and scale - and yeah, I'll cut him off the bullet. My initial thought was to pose him on Falcon's shoulder (and figure out how to attach him), but we'll see how it looks. I went ahead and ordered one to see...I'll make sure to post my final thoughts after I get it!

Thanks for taking the time to get that pic, SaintSoy!

The SHF Civil War version seems to be the best option yet for a teeny-tiny Ant-Man.

MX5wUJj.jpg

Plus you get the added bonus of a great 6" figure :lol

ES765fO.jpg

Just occurred to me that with this set and the Hot Toys CW Ant-Man you could have a killer shrinking/growing display set up :monkey3

The tiniest Ant-Man! :love I actually already have that one on order, but man, the rest of this thread has turned into one big shopping list for me!

I think detail wise and big enough so it doesn't get lost in a diorama display is the Selects one...IMO

Here is mine next to Hawkeye:
IMG_1543.JPG

Back