Slik?s Star Wars customs and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the lines have a slightly "cast steel" or "etched by use" look to them, so it doesn't bug me. I'm assuming there are super expensive printers that would have almost no lines at all, but those would be out of reach.

But wow, Alain is truly becoming the master of 1/6 SW ship sculpting. The level of detail he got into some of these parts is just incredible. I thought about his cloud car too but it's not quite as accurate as his snowsp.

His snowsp has a few sculpt issues but they are more minor - the canopy looks like he angled it a bit too much (like the rear-most side window seems more trapezoid than rectangle) but it's not all that noticeable.

What is the width on your canopy front? (ie the width dimension of the front-most line of the canopy where it joins to the body.)

Yes, it?s a very good and detailed model I think. Not easy to print, but very accurate.
I?ll try and measure the canopy for you.

9cdf475fa12ca36c13d5b2b7e1385f59.plist

adc9c899dbc776c029b95e7bbb4e1a05.jpg

ee11276b45f732a622207b3f10f65cb6.jpg

3b70df0c786e32b1143cce0c3200c93c.jpg

That paintjob is perfect. The effect on the glass even looks like condensation. Will you be adding the "ZZ" logos on the canopy?

Looking forward to you next big project.

That paintjob is perfect. The effect on the glass even looks like condensation. Will you be adding the "ZZ" logos on the canopy?

Looking forward to you next big project.

Thank you! I might add the ZZ and other details later. For now I just needed to finish it so I can do some actual work in my studio instead of being drawn to this thing all the time [emoji28]
I also need to get a couple of pilots in there at some point.
Looking forward to seeing your amazing scratchbuild finished!!

Yes, it?s a very good and detailed model I think. Not easy to print, but very accurate.
I?ll try and measure the canopy for you.

Thanks - it's looking great with the red markings.

I marked up one of your older pics with the three dims that I'd love to get. Inside edges of the cockpit dimensions as shown.

Also, would love to know what the overall width of the vehicle is, from outermost edge to outermost edge of the wings.

GKJoW21.png

Thanks - it's looking great with the red markings.

I marked up one of your older pics with the three dims that I'd love to get. Inside edges of the cockpit dimensions as shown.

Also, would love to know what the overall width of the vehicle is, from outermost edge to outermost edge of the wings.

GKJoW21.png

A 15.5 cm
B 32.2 cm
C 12.3 cm
These are the inner dimensions of the canopy.

Wingspan is 84.7 cm

So all in all my model is about 4.5-5% bigger than canon to fit the pilots... it annoys me somehow, but don?t know if canon is... well canon.

A 15.5 cm
B 32.2 cm
C 12.3 cm
These are the inner dimensions of the canopy.

Wingspan is 84.7 cm

So all in all my model is about 4.5-5% bigger than canon to fit the pilots... it annoys me somehow, but don?t know if canon is... well canon.

Thanks for that! Yeah it's a very tricky vehicle to get size-wise due to the final blueprints never having been released (the ones out there are not the final ones and have numerous differences.)

I'm digging through a ton of pics of both the 1:1 prop and the three model sizes to see if I can nail down the "close-to-exact" dimensions. There are clear detail differences even between the three scale model classes though (eg proportions of canopy windows) so rest assured there is no 100% "correct" version.:lol

As I mentioned, I think Alain made the slope on the canopy a bit too stark, but when the smallest and largest ILM snowspeeder model canopies have proportional differences, I guess it doesn't matter as much.

From what I can tell, "canon" dimensions really don't seem all that correct, and canon has varied a lot over the years. The A-wing is a good example of canon varying by a quite large amount.

There are some quite noticeable differences between the prop and model on the speeder bike and probe droid also, so it's not exactly unique in SW.

Also, what is your overall dimension length-wise - ie tip of front cannon to back-most point?

That is so cool. Are you going to leave the head as a separate piece so the head can swivel? Or are you going to fill in the gaps before painting?

That is so cool. Are you going to leave the head as a separate piece so the head can swivel? Or are you going to fill in the gaps before painting?

It will be static, so I?m going to fill in the gaps. But right now the top head piece isn?t even glued as I?ll need to remove it and paint inside the mouth before assembling it and filling the gaps :)

Back