Skiman's Workshop (KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN WIP) [*** COMMISSIONS CLOSED ***]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skiman's Workshop (BLADE RUNNER PRIS WIP) [*** COMMISSIONS CLOSED ***]

Nice, can't wait to see these next few progress.

Thanks for the support fellas, this is the first time in years that I'll finally be all caught up with the backlog. I've fought this battle for many years and this year I finally stayed true to my word on not taking in anymore commissions until I was caught up.

I'm in a position now to finally retire from the painting aspect of my craft and begin a new journey of my true love, HAND sculpting. I cannot wait to see what 2018 brings me and what I can bring into my craft. I've waited a LONG LONG time for this opportunity as it's what I believe has truly kept my passion in the game. So many wants and characters that I want to tackle and add to my personal collection. If anyone wants them that's just an added bonus.

Not to mention a lot of revisits as well from past work since it's been years that I've dove into sculpting and have greatly improved on techniques, materials, etc... 2018 will be the year where I begin offering unpainted kits.

Looking back at all, I think it was about 7 years of steady work, I'm very grateful for all the collectors that gave me the opportunity to paint all these awesome pieces!!!
:1-1::bow
Ski

Thank you for the years of painting figures for us freaks. I can't wait to see your future sculpting projects.

Can't wait to see what characters you tackle first.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Got all my heads now and they're great.
Even Van Zan looks way better than the pictures.
When I get the figures done I'll post some pics.

I am glad I got the chance to have you work on so
many projects with me.

Here's to the next SKI-volution.:yess:

:rock :rock :rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your work on Billy!

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

#superman
#kingdomcome

#skimanworkshop #skintexturing #joker #onesixthphotography #actionfigurephotography #toyphotography #onesixthscale #onesixthrepublic #onesixthfigure #sixthscale #actionfigure #starwars #marvel #DC #movies #hottoys #sideshowcollectors #sideshowcollectibles #sideshow #collectibles #collectible #art #sculpting #sculpture #painting

4348f2d5f08be83bb926d9357be69291.jpg

Ski

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hi again Skiman fans, I was able to get a little more work done today on the Kindgom Come Superman. We are in the finalizing subtle stages on this piece. Today I was working on the hairline and getting in that crisp but close detail that is always important in making the piece look ultra sharp. This take some level of focus, well at least for me it does. There's going to be a next step in the process of the hair where more detail is added and that's more of a blending into the skintones. Further progress will be made in the next week with eyes, ears, nose, etc... I may even dive back at the skintone a bit and add some more depth and precision details. I did a live broadcast today on Instagram, so if you'd like to get know myself better and enjoy some live action in the works on this piece. Please subscribe, follow and check it out. As always, thanks for the support and thanks for those who joined the live feed. I'll be around with further updates as usual.

IMG_1294.JPG

Thanks again,
Ski

A little fun with McMurphy thanks to SKI's paint up.
Did some film grain on the 1st picture to make it look more realistic.

OFOTCN posterized film grain 3.jpg

OFOTCN posterized film grain 6.jpg

DSC01507.JPG

DSC01510.JPG

Well congratulations Ski! I have some of you very early sculpting work--Nomak and a comic version of Wolverine--they are amazing! I can't wait to see your sculpting projects going forward.

Here's some good shots of Ski's awesome paint up & hair work on the Bohannon sculpt.
Not finished with the figure, will update with more pics once he finished.

I think it's your best work to date man. Completely mind blowing. :yess:

DSC01581_zpsmpnkj4g2.jpg

DSC01579_zpszivbxnws.jpg

DSC01576_zpsxaymcsig.jpg

Thanks for the pics Ike, everything is looking GREAT!

Hello my friends, sorry for the lack of a better term, lack luster performance and absence. My 2017 to the beginning of 2018 year did not go as expected. Unfortunately I have lost two family members in the crossing over of 2018. It's been tough and it's been hard so I had to take the holiday to reflect on what's important. I plan to pick up from where I left off with some of these exciting pieces.

Time will heal the pain, thank you for the support as always, I will be back with some art.

Ski

Back