SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to trade pieces you got at a great deal :) - both were trades haha. So I paid 730 for the pieces I trade after shipping.

You have to trade pieces you got at a great deal :) - both were trades haha. So I paid 730 for the pieces I trade after shipping.

Regardless how ya did it, you did good Bro! Congrats. I'm still very happy to just have one at the price I got it for. He is an absolute beast. This is the best statue SSC has put out in awhile.

Regardless how ya did it, you did good Bro! Congrats. I'm still very happy to just have one at the price I got it for. He is an absolute beast. This is the best statue SSC has put out in awhile.

Considering that he's welding dual weapon, has some girt and it doesn't hurt that he's a descendant of Hulk. I don't see any other the statues coming out that's going to match Skaar. Well maybe his father but once again it's a Hulk statue, so that one doesn't count.

Considering that he's welding dual weapon, has some girt and it doesn't hurt that he's a descendant of Hulk. I don't see any other the statues coming out that's going to match Skaar. Well maybe his father but once again it's a Hulk statue, so that one doesn't count.

Very true IL. :lecture
If you compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, I doubt we'll ever see a better Skaar statue released by ANY company. The Hulk is in a whole other league. It's not a far comparison between him and Skaar. There will be tons of Hulk statues coming out in the future by many companies because he is such a popular character. If you missed out on any Hulk statue there is a good chance another one will come along and be a worthy addition to ones collection. This Skaar statue will be the benchmark piece for many years to come as far as this character is concerned. I doubt we will ever see another statue of this character that looks as stupendous as this one.

If you compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, I doubt we'll ever see a better Skaar statue released by ANY company. The Hulk is in a whole other league. It's not a far comparison between him and Skaar. There will be tons of Hulk statues coming out in the future by many companies because he is such a popular character. If you missed out on any Hulk statue there is a good chance another one will come along and be a worthy addition to ones collection. This Skaar statue will be the benchmark piece for many years to come as far as this character is concerned. I doubt we will ever see another statue of this character that looks as stupendous as this one.

I agree with you Fillip based on the fact that the Skaar is not one of those statues that may companies make, like Hulk, or Supes, or the Bat. Throw in the fact this is truly a fantastic sculpt with attention to detail, etc, it will be a while, a long while, before we see any Skaar of this quality and magnitude.

Bro, you have nailed with this response! And to think that you where kind enough to help me acquire one for my collection. I'll always will be indebted for this my good man...:)

I agree with you Fillip based on the fact that the Skaar is not one of those statues that may companies make, like Hulk, or Supes, or the Bat. Throw in the fact this is truly a fantastic sculpt with attention to detail, etc, it will be a while, a long while, before we see any Skaar of this quality and magnitude.

You and fillip made some good point regarding this statue. I honestly don't think we'll ever get another Skarr in this scale. I'm sure that Bowen has something planed for this guy, but like fillip said. That would be like comparing apples to oranges in this case.

I mentioned faux leather. That tends to crack and peel. I guess there is an Indy PF made by SSC that has a faux leather jacket on it. After a few years, many collectors that have it are complaining about it falling apart. How does one go about fixing that problem?

The Indy was a result of using the wrong type of glue on the inside cuffs of the jacket. Over years it stiffened and caused it to crack. I didn't touch mine since I knew that it would brittle or somewhat fragile and sealed it. Once sealed it's perfect though and its not going to crack.

What they should of done is just sewn the cuffs instead of gluing them and we would of never had that problem. Shortcuts my man, shortcuts hurt that piece in the long run. I'm glad I heard about it, took it out of storage and was able to stop the problem of the deteriorating cuffs.

Ski

The Indy was a result of using the wrong type of glue on the inside cuffs of the jacket. Over years it stiffened and caused it to crack. I didn't touch mine since I knew that it would brittle or somewhat fragile and sealed it. Once sealed it's perfect though and its not going to crack.

What they should of done is just sewn the cuffs instead of gluing them and we would of never had that problem. Shortcuts my man, shortcuts hurt that piece in the long run. I'm glad I heard about it, took it out of storage and was able to stop the problem of the deteriorating cuffs.

Ski

That's cool that you were able to fix the problem on your piece. However, many others weren't so lucky. There has been a few other problems with PFs. If I remember correctly the original Cap PF had problems with the red and white stripes on his shirt. Some developed runs and some faded over time. The bottom line is that PFs durability still needs to stand the test of time. It's a relatively new format. How these pieces hold up after 15 to 20 years has yet to be determined. I will say that after seeing how well the proto pics look on Batman and Superman, the format looks to be taking great strides. I hated all of the full body costumes I've seen until SSC hit us with those 2 pieces. Let's see how they hold up over the years.

:thwak:thwak:thwak:thwak

Dude you NEED to pick up Planet Hulk. You will love it.

Hey that's the DVD I was talking about! Yes beta ray is my favorite! I didn't know who he was but I google him after the show. He is a god or something? very cool character. The weird thing is the DVD I bought was different from the one I rented out. Was there 2 versions of planet hulk??

Hey that's the DVD I was talking about! Yes beta ray is my favorite! I didn't know who he was but I google him after the show. He is a god or something? very cool character. The weird thing is the DVD I bought was different from the one I rented out. Was there 2 versions of planet hulk??

Buy the BOOK... The movie is good ... The book is BETTER.

Last edited:
Back