SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always loved your work, but i never thought that i was the one to own your greatest piece of work (Freddy is up there equally nice though).

That skin work is just too good, I really like the detail on the skin of the head sculpt, even the pores show, sick detail!

I think this even beat the T-800 sculpt in detail, that says alot of how good you are Nathan.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the shotgun."

HeadHandBoomstick02.jpg

Repainted shotgun by request. Now it looks like its been handled a lot.
HeadHandBoomstick01.jpg

So, the paint match was a success. Who doubted me? Come on, who doubted?

As part of the deal for this project, Cyber agreed to give up his Leonidas hands to me for my Myers figure. Thanks again for that. In exchange, I had to find a suitable shotgun hand for his Ash. Just so happened that the Narrow Shoulder Truetype I bought for my second T-1000 had the perfect left hand to hold the shotgun. All I had to do was make it look like it belonged on the body. Fingernails, blood vessels, freckles, veins, and skin tone. And Ash's watch really helps make it look seamless.
Hand.jpg

That was the easy part. This was the tricky part.
PaintMatchHead01.jpg

Great sculpts like this are such a joy to paint, especially when they are translucent cast.
HeadLeftFront.jpg

The clothes are tomorrow.

Awesome! Some of the best skin tones I've seen!

"First you want to kill; now you wanna kiss me. *spit* Blow."

Damn, you guys are really making me feel good about my work. Thank you. Special thanks to you other painters who's work I enjoy so much, boot25 & Small_Studios.

@sunohc & boot: Something my wife helped me discover about flesh tones is that there is quite a bit of light gray to people's skin. Sometimes, especially with this piece because of the Leonidas body, I give my fleshtones an overhaze of light gray and despite what you might think, it really brings it to life. Weird, aint it?

@Cyber, the man behind the commission: I am very please you love this so much. I think I agree with you that this is one of my best. I love this character, I love this project, and I'm giving it everything I've got. You're reaping the benefit of many tricks and things I've learned just since July. I hate the thought of not keeping this with my Freddy and Jason figures.

Sorry no new pics yet. I didn't get as much time to work on this as I hoped today, but the shirt is shredded according to the movie and weathering has begun. After reviewing the opening of the movie, this is going to require much more weathering than I remembered.

"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"

ShotgunUp.jpg

"Oh you little bastards! All right, I'll crush each and every last one of ya! I'll squash you so hard you'll have to look down to look up!"

LetsGo.jpg

"I got it, I got it! I know your damn words, alright?"

"Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Nickel... It's an N word, it's definitely an N word!"

" Look, maybe I didn't say every tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

ChainsawReady01.jpg

ChainsawReady02.jpg

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and ****... and Jack just left town."

ChainsawCocked02.jpg

ChainsawCocked01.jpg

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."

"Say hello to the twenty-first century!"

ChainsawReady04.jpg

Last edited:
Back