Sideshow Will the 12 inch C-3P0 & R2D2 come in a 2-pack?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In theory it could. Worked for Sidious and Palpatine. The thing is the Threepio has many variations that could come out but I have a feeling that when Artoo is released he'll be a "Definitive" version similar to Kit Fisto and Mace Windu where he's supposed to be standalone. I have a feeling we'll get different accessories like his jets and the ROTJ variations a lot of things included to span the complete saga. That alone might discount a 2 pack.

It should be interesting to see what SSC has to say on the subject now that the 2 pack has shown to work well...

Yeah, these two must come in a two pack and I do think will happen eventually. When? I have no damn clue but soon I would hope.

I think you'll see C-3P0 before R2 - as he can be made of the armoured body, whilst R2D2 will need to be desinged from the ground up

However R2' design could be used to give us a variety of R2 droids

Sideshow, please DO NOT make these light up. I don't want batteries in my toys. I don't even have them in my holo sidious right now.

Sideshow, please DO NOT make these light up. I don't want batteries in my toys. I don't even have them in my holo sidious right now.

Well I've got two terminators with light up eyes and the sidious holo all of which look pretty good with lights. Add that to my two lukes with cathodes coming from Hurricane and I say bring on the lights.

I really love light up features in my high end collectables :chew

I think that the next two-pack will be Han and Luke is Stormtrooper disguise. I have a gut feeling we will see it this year.

Just curious, what do you have against batteries?

I hate them integrated into toys because for the moment all my toys are in their boxes because A. I dont have a place of my own, B. I am not even home to inspect anything, and C. The temperature in my room where all my stuff is tends to vary wildly as my house is fairly old. Those 3 factors make me nervous that I might go to open something with batteries and they will have leaked or flat out exploded. And for any one thinking Im nuts and it couldn't happen... when I was small I had a battery operated race car which took 1 AA battery. After only playing with it for a few hours we heard a POP and lo and behold the battery, which was fairly new, had popped and the acid was leaking all over the battery compartment. So I tend to be very sparing with batteries due to experience.

I definitely want the light up features. But ideally, if they are powered by batteries, I would hope they use 'watch' batteries so they don't take up too much space or restrict articulation. I fully expect these to cost over $200 if in a two pack.

Speaking of light up features, I know it will never happen, but I still wish Sideshow offered Cold Cathode Saber accessory packs. I would do it myself, but I don't want to destroy a saber hilt in the process.

Last edited:
I'd totally be down for a light up feature... pretty key to C-3PO's look and would also be awesome for R2.

I could see these coming as a 2-pack but I wouldn't expect a discount on it... these will probably pricey.

But on the plus side the molds can be re-used... different finishes on C-3PO and other protocol droids, and of course they can release different Astromechs.

I definitely want the light up features. But ideally, if they are powered by batteries, I would hope they use 'watch' batteries so they don't take up too much space or restrict articulation. I fully expect these to cost over $200 if in a two pack.

Speaking of light up features, I know it will never happen, but I still wish Sideshow offered Cold Cathode Saber accessory packs. I would do it myself, but I don't want to destroy a saber hilt in the process.

That is what I mean, They MUST be 'watch' batteries.

Back