Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was one other thing that looked off, but I forgot about it once I started looking at the figure himself.

It's that the Colt Army 1860 appeared to be enormous, and is actually longer than the Walkers.

The 1860 in real life is 355.6mm long (14"). Sideshow's is 68mm long: i.e., 408mm / 16". (Damn! What happened, Sideshow?)

On the other hand the Walkers are 66mm and are pretty much spot on converted to 396mm. (A real Walker is 390mm).

Half of the problem comes from the barrel length. Sideshow made them both 38mm (i.e., 228mm / 9").

The Walker's barrel is 230mm long, so again spot on.

The standard 1860 barrel length is 203.2mm / 8".

It's a shame because the mould and paint are good, but it's nearer to 1/5 scale in terms of length and looks ridiculous pushed into his belt. :(

IMG_1478 Sideshow Josey Wales.JPG

IMG_1477 Sideshow Josey Wales.jpg

IMG_1476 Sideshow Josey Wales.jpg

IMG_1475 Sideshow Josey Wales.JPG

Does anyone make a decent affordable Eastwood headsculpt suitable for A Where Eagles Dare custom? (if the face is good I can customize the hair, so the hair isn't a big issue)

I checked ebay and there's nothing great there.

ALSO - need a Richard Burton head.

Sean

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.20.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.20.25 AM.png
    872.7 KB · Views: 0
Josey arrived a day early, though this time FedEx stung me for the customs and fee. (No-charge Pale Rider remains an anomaly).

I don't usually take much notice of the art boxes, but this one is particularly eye-catching.

View attachment 677828

Quick snaps with the flash straight out of the box:

View attachment 677836

View attachment 677830
View attachment 677831View attachment 677832

I'm very impressed. Sculpt and paintwork are really good, as is the tailoring and weathering.

Impressive arsenal too:

View attachment 677833View attachment 677834

Their Pale Rider was good, but Josey is even better. Possibly Sideshow's finest 1/6 so far? I might be biased because The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favourite Eastwood western, but then that would also tend to make me more critical.

However, the only thing I've seen on the negative side are that the backs of the hands are fairly pale, especially when compared to the skin tone of the sculpt. It's a minor thing though.

View attachment 677835
Mine arrives later today , also getting it early . The sculpt and paint look awesome! I wonder if Clint threatened SS if they didn't get his figures right that he would ride into SS's S**thole headquarters and burn it down?

This appears to be a Wale of a figure. I wonder if it is close to selling out. I would like to put in an order in February or March when my credit cards will be carrying a lesser load.

Mine arrives later today , also getting it early . The sculpt and paint look awesome! I wonder if Clint threatened SS if they didn't get his figures right that he would ride into SS's S**thole headquarters and burn it down?
He did threaten but when he saw that ladies worked there, like Amy & Jessie, he suddenly got scruples. Clint's grown soft in his old age. 30 years ago he would have torched the place. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the great in hand photos guys. Went ahead and dumped my rewards and a coupon so got Josey Wales on the way. Nice little Christmas present for myself :lol

Maybe my last Eastwood figure? Not really digging the way Munny is looking unfortunately. Other than Kelly or High plains drifter not sure there's much else I'd pull the trigger on.

But hey Preacher, Man with no Name, and Josey Wales will make a nice little shelf.

Back