Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....a Sideshow Good, Bad, Ugly, kind of fell into my lap at a majorly discounted price because it was pre owned, and they threw away the brown shipper box. Between the reduced price, and not having to pay shipping or California sales tax....I saved about $125 from what it would've cost to buy it new from Sideshow. So I have Preacher and blondie both now. Couldn't turn it down, as I couldn't care less about the shipping carton, and the thing still has "new figure smell". I think it was sold because a financial calamity struck.

At any rate: the paints are just fine on this. The pics don't do the figure justice.

The only thing I notice off hand I don't like is the rifle. The handle and hammer are both really loose. The figure itself is nice. I do wonder why they decided that the hats aren't removable on any of the figures thus far though. Kind of a curious decision.

Not that I would ever display any without the hat.

I feel like the issue with all of the Sideshow sculpts, is that they are kind of overselling the squint. I'm very happy with my SS Blondie, and I know that the Clint squint is almost a trademark for Eastwood, but some of these sculpts would have looked much better if they weren't squinting so hard.

giphy.gif

I feel like the issue with all of the Sideshow sculpts, is that they are kind of overselling the squint. I'm very happy with my SS Blondie, and I know that the Clint squint is almost a trademark for Eastwood, but some of these sculpts would have looked much better if they weren't squinting so hard.
I try squinting back and it looks better the more I do it.

With some RPs due to expire, I decided to throw all of my RPs at The Preacher and The Outlaw. I found that a contest promo code $25.00 also worked, so that helped as well. I then hacked into Wor-Gar's account and quietly borrowed some of his RPs, so that really made it a worthwhile purchase...

:monkey3

With some RPs due to expire, I decided to throw all of my RPs at The Preacher and The Outlaw. I found that a contest promo code $25.00 also worked, so that helped as well. I then hacked into Wor-Gar's account and quietly borrowed some of his RPs, so that really made it a worthwhile purchase...

:monkey3
I'm going back over some old posts in the thread. Does using a coupon code still disqualify any rewards earned on that purchase?

If I'm not mistaken Munny carried a Peacemaker in 45 long colt. The kid carried a Scofield.

The Kid gave the Schofield Model 3 to Munny.

1200px-UnforgivenS&WSchofield-6.jpg
UnforgivenS&WSchofield-9.jpg

Munny's own gun was a Starr 1858 Army

1200px-UnforgivenStarr1858-3.jpg
1200px-UnforgivenStarr1858-4.jpg

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Unforgiven_(1992)#Colt_1860_Army

The Starr revolver is the one thing that makes me want to get the figure, because it's so unusual.

Starr-1858-Revolver.jpg

According to IMFDB it hasn't appeared in many films:

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Starr_Army_Revolver
First BloodSeen in a Gun Store case1982
UnforgivenClint EastwoodWilliam Munny1992
Wyatt EarpKevin Costneryoung Wyatt Earp1994
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire HunterAnthony MackieWill Johnson2012
ForsakenChris IppolitoBob Waters2015
Jane Got a GunRodrigo SantoroFitchum2016

I was looking at the Pale Rider Preacher and Sideshow was showing "Low Stock Remaining".

I put him in the cart to check the shipping and it automatically applied a 15% off code they gave me because Threezero's Will was delayed.

So I went ahead and added all my Reward Points and bought him. He's meant to ship out today.

Another bonus was that Fed Ex was the cheapest delivery option, which I haven't seen in a while. I have an account with Fed Ex so they never used to charge any fees. (DHL don't offer the option of waiving fees with an account).

Shipping wasn't the usual extortionate Sideshow cost either. Just $31.76 rather than the $50 something I expected. Maybe they got a better deal? Or maybe they're just not overcharging now?

One thing Sideshow are doing is putting a scare tactic into your cart:

Act NOW! Item reservation will expire soon. 1 minutes left on your reservation Item is only reserved in your cart for 1 minutes

:panic:

I don't know if it is a scare tactic, so much as it is a reality check. A lot of figure companies aren't interested in maintaining a warehouse full of stock in this uncertain economic time we are living in. They know their items are luxury items, and overpriced. They also know our old way of thinking of "I can just get it later". Maybe we can....maybe we can't, in this brave new world.

Just speculation.

I think you will love Preacher when he arrives. I certainly love mine. Congrats!

I don't know if it is a scare tactic, so much as it is a reality check. A lot of figure companies aren't interested in maintaining a warehouse full of stock in this uncertain economic time we are living in. They know their items are luxury items, and overpriced. They also know our old way of thinking of "I can just get it later". Maybe we can....maybe we can't, in this brave new world.

Just speculation.

The "Low Stock Remaining" may be that, though he probably is low stock by now.

Just I've never seen this warning before: "Act NOW! Item reservation will expire soon. 1 minutes left on your reservation Item is only reserved in your cart for 1 minutes"

Seems unnecessary to make you feel you have to rush when you're checking everything's correct, and that you have the best shipping option, etc.

I think you will love Preacher when he arrives. I certainly love mine. Congrats!

Thanks. :)

I was going to leave him, but the sculpt won me over. The tailoring looks really good too.

With Josey also looking good, it's a head scratcher what happened to Will Munny's sculpt.

As good as Preacher is I’m surprised he hasn’t been gobbled up already. As far as the scare tactic goes, it could be that, or what Dr. says and they just aren’t willing to hold the stock until it sells. An item I was interested sold out rather quickly, and I’m fairly certain I would have been of a select few who might have wanted it, who knows, but I assume it’s because they just didn’t order many in belief that it might be risky.

The Preacher is a great figure and I don’t think you’ll regret the purchase.

Back