Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I get to play with my first Sideshow Clint. :)

Sculpting, tailoring and weathering are very good.

The sculpt is unmistakably Clint, especially so when seen in profile. I've been looking at stills from the movie for posing inspiration.

This one is good reference for the position of the gun belt, with the last bullet lined up with the his fly. (It also highlights that Sideshow should've made the holster darker).

palerider1.jpg

Tucking the Remington Pocket into it spoils the line of the belt though, due to the thickness of the trouser belt and vest against the cylinder.

The ramrod blade on the Remington New Army still triggers my OCD. Sideshow copied the short blade from the Pocket and applied it to the New Army.

Sideshow vs. Pietta Remington 1858 New Model Army .44 cartridge conversion:

IMG_1257 Sideshow Pale Rider & Pietta Remington.JPG
IMG_1258 Sideshow Pale Rider & Pietta Remington.JPG

I had a hard job photographing the sculpt, but the weathering showed up really well.

IMG_1259 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

IMG_1267 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

IMG_1268 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

IMG_1269 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

IMG_1270 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

IMG_1278 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

With the snow sculpt from the Sideshow Han Solo Hoth base, and dynamite from LIM Toys' Arthur:

IMG_1272 Sideshow Pale Rider.JPG

Looking at my photos I realised just how good Sideshow's hands are. Shame about the wrist ball joint, but the hands look so lifelike. They even got the white at the base of the fingernails.

One niggle I had when I took him from the box was that he's not quite tall enough. Someone mentioned that he looked different compared to Sideshow's Blondie. Measuring above his heel to where I estimated the top of his head to be, he worked out about a centimetre too short. So he's around 6' 1" instead of 6' 3 1/2". Maybe Sideshow took a centimetre off his legs to make him look more proportionate?

Since the rest is pretty good I'll let them off, and since the tailoring is so good I don't want to mess it up by adding ankle extenders - even if that's possible with his boots.

Any minor faults or errors a blind man would be pleased to see. Like you and the many I seek accuracy and detail it is part of the affliction. More so of late I wish I could take my expectations down a notch...I remain a work in progress.

85cwy7.gif

You must have been praying for a miracle, was your neighbor riding a pale horse? :unsure:

:wink1:

She had pale hair. :lol

At the back of my mind I had the feeling that it would work out, because things normally do. However, that expectation was constantly being overridden by my usual fatalistic state of mind telling me this was going to be the time when it wouldn't work out. :panic:

Then, when all was lost, there was a pale haired lady on the doorstep clutching a Sideshow box! :yess:

Now I think I want William Munny. I watched Unforgiven last night. It's bleak. Very bleak from almost every angle. The only light in it is Munny falling off his horse. :lol

Any minor faults or errors a blind man would be pleased to see. Like you and the many I seek accuracy and detail it is part of the affliction. More so of late I wish I could take my expectations down a notch...I remain a work in progress.

I know the feeling. :lol

(I'm still struggling over pulling the trigger on Mondo's MacReady).

Looking at my photos I realised just how good Sideshow's hands are. Shame about the wrist ball joint, but the hands look so lifelike. They even got the white at the base of the fingernails.

One niggle I had when I took him from the box was that he's not quite tall enough. Someone mentioned that he looked different compared to Sideshow's Blondie. Measuring above his heel to where I estimated the top of his head to be, he worked out about a centimetre too short. So he's around 6' 1" instead of 6' 3 1/2". Maybe Sideshow took a centimetre off his legs to make him look more proportionate?

Since the rest is pretty good I'll let them off, and since the tailoring is so good I don't want to mess it up by adding ankle extenders - even if that's possible with his boots.

Along with the overall quality of this entire piece (facial sculpt, clothing etc. etc.) your photos made me realise how DAMN good the eyes are on this - wow!

Along with the overall quality of this entire piece (facial sculpt, clothing etc. etc.) your photos made me realise how DAMN good the eyes are on this - wow!

The eyes are another thing that only stood out to me once I saw the photos. I can't remember whether it was in Unforgiven or The Beguiled, as I'd just watched both, but there was a well lit close up of Clint's eyes. I think figure companies have tended to make them blue, and some internet pages even state that they're grey, but in the film they were clearly green, with slightest hint of blue depending on the light.

With Sideshow there have been a number of times I think they've turned a corner and fully entered the high end world of 1/6, but then regressed. The Preacher is their boldest statement yet of what they're capable of when they put their mind to it.

I have high hopes for Josey Wales.

The eyes are another thing that only stood out to me once I saw the photos. I can't remember whether it was in Unforgiven or The Beguiled, as I'd just watched both, but there was a well lit close up of Clint's eyes. I think figure companies have tended to make them blue, and some internet pages even state that they're grey, but in the film they were clearly green, with slightest hint of blue depending on the light.

With Sideshow there have been a number of times I think they've turned a corner and fully entered the high end world of 1/6, but then regressed. The Preacher is their boldest statement yet of what they're capable of when they put their mind to it.

I have high hopes for Josey Wales.
I reckon so.

Anyone else have a really loose hammer and handle on their Good, Bad, Ugly rifle? I'm wondering if this thing is designed to be this easy moving or if mine is defective. Thanks.

When do you think they'll start shipping Josey Wales?

Sideshow's e.t.a. is pretty open ended: November to February.

The sooner the better. :impatient:

Meanwhile, I pre-ordered Munny based on my experience with Pale Rider.

While looking for reviews of the Sideshow Clint figures released so far, and previews for Munny, I went down a short rabbit hole. A video proving Josey could easily have done the 'Border roll' (a.k.a. the road agent's spin) with a Colt Walker, lead to this bit of fun:

Sideshow's e.t.a. is pretty open ended: November to February.

The sooner the better. :impatient:

Meanwhile, I pre-ordered Munny based on my experience with Pale Rider.

While looking for reviews of the Sideshow Clint figures released so far, and previews for Munny, I went down a short rabbit hole. A video proving Josey could easily have done the 'Border roll' (a.k.a. the road agent's spin) with a Colt Walker, lead to this bit of fun:

They did do an unboxing video about a month ago so I imaging it will be mid December it will start shipping . I used about hundred in rewards towards mine . Watched Josey Wales for the first time in over a decade and decided to add it to Harry and the Preacher.

It's frustrating knowing some companies will not improve a sculpt before release. So many do based on feedback, but Sideshow probably won't on Munny.

Back