Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got the GOOD bad Ugly Eastwood from sideshow. The head does look better in person, but the paints I find hurts the sculpt.

The sculpt is definitely NOT HOT TOYS quality but the paints is just not great for lifelike skin imo. It's hurts the sculpt tremendously.

If they fix the paints this would look much better. I think the sculpt is there 80 to 90 percent mostly but face paint no good.

For the asking price on Will, sadly it's a pass.
EDIT: found it slightly lower in overall price.

Last edited:
I guess the one consolation is these hat brims always keep the faces mostly in shadow (at least in my display). And then if you put him on a thinner body so the outfit hangs looser on him, and weather it up like crazy, the figure might be passable...

Unfortunately I pulled my Artfigs sculpt out and it's just too oversized next to the other Sideshow figures, so I doubt that will work. Even though this paintup I found on FB makes it look pretty good.

20231028_093627.jpg

80997996_10156987037876886_3652617102516289536_ngg.jpg

Last edited:
For the asking price on Will, sadly it's a pass.

"All right, boys, settle down now. I want you to settle down. I got something to say to you. Settle down. I want to tell you something. All right, I'm going to say this just one more time to make it clear, so don't ask me again. Those of you who posse'ed with me today have got one drink coming from the county budget.... And those of you who rode with me yesterday, you get one drink for that too......Now, hold it! Now that's two but after that it comes out of your own pocket, you hear me, Skinny...."

Looks like the asking price on Will was just two drinks.

In retrospect, as soon as Little Bill saw Munny, he should charged him and started opening fire. Easier said than done though.

I guess the one consolation is these hat brims always keep the faces mostly in shadow (at least in my display). And then if you put him on a thinner body so the outfit hangs looser on him, and weather it up like crazy, the figure might be passable...

Unfortunately I pulled my Artfigs sculpt out and it's just too oversized next to the other Sideshow figures, so I doubt that will work. Even though this paintup I found on FB makes it look pretty good.

View attachment 671404

View attachment 671402
I’d love to get my hands on that sculpt!

If someone was looking for a great Eastwood, of the releases thus far, you can't lose with Pale Rider. My goodness, what a work of art. Think there might be a chance for Hang 'Em High?

I was looking at PR as need to use some rewards before they expire. This has shipped then? Guess I need to find a review. Have any of the Eastwood collection pieces been eligible for the SS promotions? Of those that *have* in-hand which one(s) are the best? Including the statues (though I'd probably prefer 1:6 unless just amazing). Has Sideshow released production numbers on any of these? That used to be a big thing for them.

I was looking at PR as need to use some rewards before they expire. This has shipped then? Guess I need to find a review. Have any of the Eastwood collection pieces been eligible for the SS promotions? Of those that *have* in-hand which one(s) are the best? Including the statues (though I'd probably prefer 1:6 unless just amazing). Has Sideshow released production numbers on any of these? That used to be a big thing for them.
Yup, Pale Rider has shipped. I did the same thing. Used up points and had a gift card balance.

Yup, Pale Rider has shipped. I did the same thing. Used up points and had a gift card balance.
Have you received yet? Watched a review and he *looks* great. I'm not super jazzed about the plastic painted as metal and is the coat fabric or a faux leather? Pleather like material doesn't ever seem to hold up over time.

Have you received yet? Watched a review and he *looks* great. I'm not super jazzed about the plastic painted as metal and is the coat fabric or a faux leather? Pleather like material doesn't ever seem to hold up over time.
I have received it, coat is fabric. When it showed up, there were Snoopy Dances aplenty at this here homestead. It is a really nice figure.

Yeah makes me think Gangster Kingdom.

Glad I'm not the only one to think so. I said the same thing in a post yesterday. This sculpt is a bit more detailed than that line but it very much feels like a part of that aesthetic.

I don't keep up with most of these companies or releases in general anymore. How receptive has SSC been to changing things from prototype to production lately?

I think the sculpt is there but it's the paint apps, particularly around facial hair that's a major problem.

I think their paints in general, but my eyes are always drawn to the poor facial hair paints, then immediately to the lack of facial paint realism.

AFAIK there is a version of this out there. It isn’t exactly a FoxFire figure but it’s a guy that looks a LOT like him in an SR71 flight suit.

Dam Toys released three of those SR-71 / U2 suited figures. Basically with head sculpts from three characters in the film "Space Cowboys". (Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland). Each one has a different colored suit; brown, white and yellow. A great looking set.

The "Firefox" suit is quite different, especially the helmet. I would love for someone to release that figure, as well.

The Firefox suit was more like that of a racing driver than bulky pressure suit.

I found these photos for the VTS Maverick Darkstar thread:

461644-Firefox2.jpg

461648-firefox5.jpg

The Firefox suit was more like that of a racing driver than bulky pressure suit.

461644-Firefox2.jpg

461648-firefox5.jpg

461644-Firefox2.jpg

461648-firefox5.jpg
Inception!
200w-2.gif

Attachments

• woah-keanu-reeves.gif
    woah-keanu-reeves.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back