Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its licensing that is making this the same price as a standard Hot Toy. Unless you want to drop $700+ for a custom.

I hope Dark Toys does a knock off at this rate...

I don't care what Sideshow's prototype looks like.... the only thing that matters is the final product. And judging by Sideshow's previous 1/6 stuff, no way this thing is worth the same kind of money as Hot Toys Clint Eastwood Marty Mcfly. I would love to be proven wrong, but my money is on this not being nearly worth the money.

People need to realize this figure is expensive because it's double-dipping on license fees, the movie rights, plus Eastwood's likeness. There's probably at least 30% markup for both, compared to 15-20% for other movie licenses.

Sideshow's recent stuff has been very good. Gambit turned out great. Lando looks good, the sculpt is off, but there's no problems with the paint. Their recent figures have shown minimal drop-off from proto to production. Too many folks here are basing them off their work from years ago. They just don't have any human faces in their recent work to compare to.
b116.jpg

b215.jpg

b316.jpg

nice, but my old Iminime is still the best...

Is it just the headsculpt you prefer?

The tailoring looks much better on the SSC, their vest closes, the collar is properly scaled, the holster hangs with weight. Plus the body proportions are more accurate, as an added bonus, SSC has been going the extra mile lately and including nicely-painted, character-specific hands , not the shiny, generic KO hands that come with the iminime. Chalk that up to iminime using a generic body, while the SSC version captures Clint's lanky physique.

I'm not sure if the iminime is tailored incorrectly, or you put the belt on wrong, but the iminime gunbelt is backwards.

Overall, the SSC figure looks better.

Iminime made two variations of the Eastwood. The photo you are referring to is the second one. The gun belt was a little different, the boots are completely different. Also, there was a custom run of the vest which was much better. The original from Iminime was spot on. Proportions, likeness, materials, etc. The only thing nobody has been able to nail down, is the holster. The shape and the coloring are completely off.

I asked this in a previous post, nobody replied. The pants in the SS pictures appear to be black, they should be a navy blue. Cannot really tell in the pictures.

I asked this in a previous post, nobody replied. The pants in the SS pictures appear to be black, they should be a navy blue. Cannot really tell in the pictures.
the-man-with-no-name__gallery_6215629c1b635.jpg

This picture seems to have the most natural lighting, comparing the scarf to the pants, I see a black scarf and navy blue pants.

Does this come with the standard Sideshow hex stand? I'm not seeing it listed on the product page. i know a lot of folks rag on those stands, but I like them. They are flexible with the post and unobtrusive, as illustrated here:

SSC INDY SNAKE.jpg

These two figures certainly generated strong reactions upon their respective releases, but I still enjoy both of them on display in my collection.
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if this Eastwood figure makes it through production anywhere near this quality, I'll be satisfied to display it alongside these SSC figures.

I'm also excited about the box art possibilities here. Sideshow can rise to the occasion when they are freed from the constraints imposed on them by a license holder (like the stale SW boxes).

I think the Eastwood proto looks pretty good. I hope Sideshow offers up some updates before it ships.

Does this come with the standard Sideshow hex stand? I'm not seeing it listed on the product page. i know a lot of folks rag on those stands, but I like them. They are flexible with the post and unobtrusive, as illustrated here:

View attachment 564567

These two figures certainly generated strong reactions upon their respective releases, but I still enjoy both of them on display in my collection.
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if this Eastwood figure makes it through production anywhere near this quality, I'll be satisfied to display it alongside these SSC figures.

I'm also excited about the box art possibilities here. Sideshow can rise to the occasion when they are freed from the constraints imposed on them by a license holder (like the stale SW boxes).

I think the Eastwood proto looks pretty good. I hope Sideshow offers up some updates before it ships.
Yeah despite their faults I still like my SS Indy & Snake.

People need to realize this figure is expensive because it's double-dipping on license fees, the movie rights, plus Eastwood's likeness. There's probably at least 30% markup for both, compared to 15-20% for other movie licenses.
Also Sideshow is an American company that contracts out most of the design work unlike Chinese companies that have in-house teams.
Sideshow's recent stuff has been very good. Gambit turned out great. Lando looks good, the sculpt is off, but there's no problems with the paint. Their recent figures have shown minimal drop-off from proto to production. Too many folks here are basing them off their work from years ago. They just don't have any human faces in their recent work to compare to.

Is it just the headsculpt you prefer?

The tailoring looks much better on the SSC, their vest closes, the collar is properly scaled, the holster hangs with weight. Plus the body proportions are more accurate, as an added bonus, SSC has been going the extra mile lately and including nicely-painted, character-specific hands , not the shiny, generic KO hands that come with the iminime. Chalk that up to iminime using a generic body, while the SSC version captures Clint's lanky physique.
I personally like the proportions of the Sideshow bodies. They dont suffer from the short torso design that most companies and a lot of custom clothes are designed to "fit".
I'm not sure if the iminime is tailored incorrectly, or you put the belt on wrong, but the iminime gunbelt is backwards.

Overall, the SSC figure looks better.

The Sideshow hexagon stands suck. I’m sorry but they just do. They’re like the epitome of laziness.

Thing is they used to put a little more effort in with some printing. Now at most we get the film logo in black on a black stand (what kind of design choice is that?) or on the bottom where no one sees it.

The Sideshow hexagon stands suck. I’m sorry but they just do. They’re like the epitome of laziness.

Thing is they used to put a little more effort in with some printing. Now at most we get the film logo in black on a black stand (what kind of design choice is that?) or on the bottom where no one sees it.
Maybe no stand is the next step of laziness?

I remember there was an extra with an Iminime version; the bag of gold.
It was sculpted (no real fabric), the bag was cut and the some of the golden coins were visible.

Always regretted I missed this with my version...

The Man With No Name trilogy is among my favorites and I think the SSC figure looks great. I'm really tempted, but as much as I like a character or how good the final product is, I always end up selling my 1/6 figures. If this was a 1/4 statue, I'd already have it on order.

Last edited:
Back