Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with such a high price and low ES, peoples’ expectations are higher, as they should be. A high quality control shows a pride in the piece. Poor QC shows they are just after your money and don’t really care if they deliver a satisfactory product. They clearly feel they achieved something great with this statue and I think they will be making enough replacements to make everything right. They don’t want this milestone piece for the company to have a marred reputation because of some QC issues they can easily take care of given enough time.

I think with such a high price and low ES, peoples’ expectations are higher, as they should be. A high quality control shows a pride in the piece. Poor QC shows they are just after your money and don’t really care if they deliver a satisfactory product. They clearly feel they achieved something great with this statue and I think they will be making enough replacements to make everything right. They don’t want this milestone piece for the company to have a marred reputation because of some QC issues they can easily take care of given enough time.

Oh, I agree completely, completely, completely. Can't argue there. :lecture

I can get past any QC issue as long as SS provides replacements. I would rather they be prompt about it, though. Many of us with QC issues are on a list for replacements coming at an undetermined future date.

I can get past any QC issue as long as SS provides replacements. I would rather they be prompt about it, though. Many of us with QC issues are on a list for replacements coming at an undetermined future date.

But I think for many pieces that doesn't happen, but again, I agree with you.

I mentioned it in another thread (or maybe it was this one), but I wish they gave everyone a window and would guarantee a replacement if it meant certain criteria, etc. I wish I could remember where I posted it. It was a good idea I had. :lol

My batteries weren’t taped down and was loose in the box which caused a lot of the chips on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My batteries weren’t taped down and was loose in the box which caused a lot of the chips on mine

They pulled the same BS with me.

I didn't say this before, but I also found a piece of tape on one of my gauntlets labeled "L" (presumable because it was the left hand).

That's what I mean about QC problems. :lol How do you let a piece get packaged with a large piece of tape on it? Someone had to bag that.

They pulled the same BS with me.

I didn't say this before, but I also found a piece of tape on one of my gauntlets labeled "L" (presumable because it was the left hand).

That's what I mean about QC problems. :lol How do you let a piece get packaged with a large piece of tape on it? Someone had to bag that.

Totally agree

Totally agree

Like nearmint said, I hope all that want a replacement, get one. We deserve it, IMO. (Hopefully, that doesn't come of sounding entitled, which I'm sure someone will call me out for.)

The packaging guys at the factory probably don’t take the same care the painters and other artists do. They are probably told to pack things up as quickly as possible and they figure little things like tape aren’t a big deal :dunno

The packaging guys at the factory probably don’t take the same care the painters and other artists do. They are probably told to pack things up as quickly as possible and they figure little things like tape aren’t a big deal :dunno

I'm sure you're right, but it's still unsettling when you open it up and have to wonder if the paint underneath will be discolored, flaking, etc. It's those kind of details though that shouldn't go missed, but I get no one is perfect. I'm not trying hound Sideshow, but that's not something I want to see when I open my $1200 statue - nor do I want pair of batteries rolling around. :lol

I'm sure you're right, but it's still unsettling when you open it up and have to wonder if the paint underneath will be discolored, flaking, etc. It's those kind of details though that shouldn't go missed, but I get no one is perfect. I'm not trying hound Sideshow, but that's not something I want to see when I open my $1200 statue - nor do I want pair of batteries rolling around. :lol

Lol

Oh, I totally agree! The higher risk of breakage and other issues on statues is what keeps me primarily a 1:6 figure collector instead of diving fully into statues. I would gladly take plastic statues if it kept things from breaking or scratching so easily :lol

Some days I wish I was a 1:6 figure collector. I'm not saying my life would be easier....but I think my life would be easier.

I don't envy though the rubber suit/body situation on some of those figures. That's what keeps me away. I've heard some horror stories.

A lot of pictures and videos everywhere of this piece. I hope mine isn't the one that breaks the camel's back;
If so, I apologize

Oh, I totally agree! The higher risk of breakage and other issues on statues is what keeps me primarily a 1:6 figure collector instead of diving fully into statues. I would gladly take plastic statues if it kept things from breaking or scratching so easily :lol

I just started getting since 1/6 pieces. I actually wish 1/5 was more of the standard. It's a good size imo

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos CE & EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man

Spot on. I have many Prime 1 pieces in my collection now and I never really get nervous over QC issues with them. They just seeem to take so much pride in what they do, from the final product down to those soft silk pieces of cloth that your piece comes wrapped in.

Its the little touches that they excel in. You could say a labour of love from prime 1.

It certainly I'snt too much to much to ask when collectors are spending this amount of money.

Spot on. I have many Prime 1 pieces in my collection now and I never really get nervous over QC issues with them. They just seeem to take so much pride in what they do, from the final product down to those soft silk pieces of cloth that your piece comes wrapped in.

Its the little touches that they excel in. You could say a labour of love from prime 1.

It certainly I'snt too much to much to ask when collectors are spending this amount of money

Yes yes yes.... Our hobby is not cheap at all.

For those still waiting, mine arrived and I unboxed him today. Number 128, and I received mine pretty much flawless as it can get. The feet were touching, the gauntlets were clean, no chips, and the thrusts on the chair were perfect. Both portraits also in amazing shape.

I hope all those with issues get replacements, this piece is truly stunning ... and my friends whom have come over to see it are floored by the size, detail, and presence this guy gives.

Back