Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh .....and I hope SSC has considered what they are going to do if customers are not satisfied with their in-hand Thanos on Throne and expect a full refund. SSC better not be thinking they can weasel themselves out of giving back refunds. With this price, any unsatisfied customer will ask for their money back ....no doubt about that.

And I'm not saying the in-hand pieces are going to be bad. I'm just saying if they are going to post that price ...then they better be willing to face the worst case scenario ...just in case it happens.

AGREED :exactly:

Sideshow is probably looking at the price point for Studio Prime's merchandise and determined the market is willing to pay more.

This feels like a trial balloon the same way they occasionally overprice a figure or two prior to raising prices across the board.

why just thanos on throne? we deserve these services for every statue, dont we?

Yes, we do. And I hold SSC accountable in that way for any statue I buy from them.

But for this high a price for Thanos on Throne ...I think its amplified. That's a lot of money ...and SSC better be willing to give refunds back or give courteous customer service. None of this ..."oh the replacements don't look any better" ...or the "oh we ran out of replacements" ...better be none of that.

Sideshow is probably looking at the price point for Studio Prime's merchandise and determined the market is willing to pay more.

This feels like a trial balloon the same way they occasionally overprice a figure or two prior to raising prices across the board.

so true!

I figured it'd be over $1000, but I was crossing my fingers that it wouldn't be. I have the XM Thanos and paid less for it than this. Going to have to think about whether or not I need two Thanos in my collection.

Isn't their Predator Maquette around the same price? I imagine if Thanos was standing up, he'd be similar in height or probably even bigger, so the price wasn't surprising, but it is unfortunate both are up there so high.

Possible Alternative?

thanos.jpg

Yes, we do. And I hold SSC accountable in that way for any statue I buy from them.

But for this high a price for Thanos on Throne ...I think its amplified. That's a lot of money ...and SSC better be willing to give refunds back or give courteous customer service. None of this ..."oh the replacements don't look any better" ...or the "oh we ran out of replacements" ...better be none of that.

Id lose my **** if i get a response like that. I agree if all your points. Are you getting it? I saw some comments that is more than XM thanos? Well catdaaamn. 1st deadpool now this. Hulk / volverime dio looks like a steal now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id lose my **** if i get a response like that. I agree if all your points. Are you getting it? I saw some comments that is more than XM thanos? Well catdaaamn. 1st deadpool now this. Hulk / volverime dio looks like a steal now lol

Not sure if I'm getting this. I'm still thinking it over.

But yea ...this is more expensive than the XM Thanos. With the price of the statue and the shipping to the US, the XM Thanos was just short of this price, but the quality on the XM piece is outstanding. So I would expect the same quality for this SSC version.

Not sure if I'm getting this. I'm still thinking it over.

But yea ...this is more expensive than the XM Thanos. With the price of the statue and the shipping to the US, the XM Thanos was just short of this price, but the quality on the XM piece is outstanding. So I would expect the same quality for this SSC version.

Damn. I leave abroad so this is gonna sting. Will think this through today still.

This is such a gorgeous piece, I will be passing. The price is absurd.

I willl, however, be ordering the art print.

Yeah, that's it :rolleyes2

Last edited:
at this price I'll would just buy to flip.

These days most statues have flip pricing pretty much built in. Between the retail price, shipping and the cost to sell via ebay and paypal you're already starting $100-$150 in the hole. That's not even factoring in potential QC issues. The ES for the EX is decent but still a far cry from the days of 250-500 pieces. That's not to say the EX won't shoot up to $2K plus in the secondary, as it probably will, but I wouldn't buy a piece like this just to speculate. I'm planning to sell 20-30 statues in the coming month. While I'm not planning to sell any "grails" per se, many are exclusives. I'll end up either breaking even or netting a nominal profit.

If I use RPs for this do I get the full RP credit or do they back out the credit I put down? For example, if I put down $700 in RPs, do they value my RPs that I get back at $1,200 or $500? Hopefully SS will also offer free shipping or some other incentive to early purchasers. Every little bit helps.

These days most statues have flip pricing pretty much built in. Between the retail price, shipping and the cost to sell via ebay and paypal you're already starting $100-$150 in the hole. That's not even factoring in potential QC issues. The ES for the EX is decent but still a far cry from the days of 250-500 pieces. That's not to say the EX won't shoot up to $2K plus in the secondary, as it probably will, but I wouldn't buy a piece like this just to speculate. I'm planning to sell 20-30 statues in the coming month. While I'm not planning to sell any "grails" per se, many are exclusives. I'll end up either breaking even or netting a nominal profit.

If I use RPs for this do I get the full RP credit or do they back out the credit I put down? For example, if I put down $700 in RPs, do they value my RPs that I get back at $1,200 or $500? Hopefully SS will also offer free shipping or some other incentive to early purchasers. Every little bit helps.

You only earn reward points for the actual $ amount you spend. If you use $700 in reward points, then you'll receive reward points on the remaining $500.

You only earn reward points for the actual $ amount you spend. If you use $700 in reward points, then you'll receive reward points on the remaining $500.

Dang!

I'm getting it as soon as solicited, but will be surprised to see it sell out in one day. $1,200 is ridiculously high. If it sells out in a day it will set a new watermark and I'm sure SS will be scrambling to find its next big hit. Maybe they will do a Darkseid on Throne. Would make a nice complement piece as long as it's the proper size.

Well. I was pretty wrong on the price. Even though deep down i kinda thought it would be like the predator maq. So not gonna speculate if this will sell out day 1. Im leaning more to get this piece and canceling i few i got on po. Not gonna risk going on WL that ex is a must for me

Back