Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I checked my tracking today it says, "We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay. Delivery will be rescheduled." Never seen that message before, but I was looking forward to getting it before the weekend. :mad:

Not even gonna lie, that second photo with everyone perched on top of the detolf had my palms sweaty. Couldn't wait to take the picture so I could get them down.

20171012_203428.jpg
20171012_201746.jpg

Awesome Congrats Scareb! Your second photo makes my palms sweat as well. :rotfl

I received mine today.

I still haven't figure out how I'm going to display turtles. Hope It's fit in Besta.

20171014_000804_resized.jpg
20171014_000757_resized.jpg

All together.
20171014_001536_resized.jpg
20171014_001545_resized.jpg

The tracking for mine still hasn't updated. Delivery date is unknown, and for all I know, the box is still on a trailer sitting in some parking lot somewhere. :mad:

Great pics!! I remember having reservations when they first announced this line, but I'm so glad to have jumped into this set. I pick up Raph tonight.

Oh man that bottom pic is frightening Scar. Lmao. Congrats on All your bros together at last!

I still haven't figure out how I'm going to display turtles. Hope It's fit in Besta.

I think if you don't have a door then you can but Leo's might be sticking out a bit.

Or if you do have a door then maybe have the back end (the cardboard piece) off and have Donnie sticking out in the back. I was thinking about doing this and putting Donnie on a clear riser so he's above Leo a bit, but I might just have to put 2 per besta. I have tons of wires behind my besta and seeing them while I watch tv/games would drive me nuts.

I think if you don't have a door then you can but Leo's might be sticking out a bit.

Or if you do have a door then maybe have the back end (the cardboard piece) off and have Donnie sticking out in the back. I was thinking about doing this and putting Donnie on a clear riser so he's above Leo a bit, but I might just have to put 2 per besta. I have tons of wires behind my besta and seeing them while I watch tv/games would drive me nuts.

Yes with door it's hopeless.

Thanks for the tip but Without door my cat will jump into the besta and kill all the turtles. :gah:

I think I might do 2 per besta as well.

Is that a reinforced detolf? I assumed each TMNT statue would be too heavy and would just smash through the glass plates, so I didn’t try it.

No, the rated weight of the Detolf Shelves are 8lbs but I would imagine thats the minimum weight for safety sake. With the exception of Raphael who is rated at 9lbs, each turtle is 8lbs. I even had Leonardo at one point sharing his shelf with 3 of the 4 Mondo turtles which probably added another 2lbs and everything seemed ok.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm keeping an eye on the shelves, making sure that they're not contacting the outer glasses when you walk by and it shakes. This is just temporary as well. I have no where else to display them and i don't want to keep them boxed up until i move into a bigger place. I might end up looking for some reinforced glass though. Especially since i'll be able to do up something to raise the shelf height so I can display Donnie inside the case instead of on top.

https://i.imgur.com/6uGPpEc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IGQQtpg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sI8bb0Z.jpg

Hm I'm a little split on this one. Ralph as a turtle I think could be the best one, I love it. Really nice strong colours and imposing feeling.

Now I understand why they did but his sais look and feel terrible, cheap plastic with ugly seem lines. After we got Leo's amazing swords this is disappointing. Then there is the EX which I thought was lazy to begin with (give us another head/facial expression) they didn't even bother paint the other side. Not anywhere close enough to a deal breaker but it brings down a piece that had real potential.

Finally Got Raph today...I love these so much! Raph and Mikey are my favs..love donnie and leo too.

Hope sideshow continues the line.

Back