1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flash was my favorite 1/6 Sideshow head sculpt.

For some reason Sideshow can do fantastic work with their Superman Premium Format head sculpts:

f67fe70e4ed644d0c386a1afd8e37e86.jpg

superman-call-to-action_dc-comics_gallery_5e055616049f6.jpg

But their 1/6 Superman head sculpts can't compare IMO:

superman-hot-toys-1-115908-1280x0.jpg

Superman-Sixth-Scale-Figure-015.jpg

The costume on the new 1/6 Superman looks great (and I happy they changed the logo) but I prefer a more muscular body for Superman and other superheroes for that matter.
Sideshow does for their statues and did that for their first 1/6 Batman.

WOW. Several years later, and people are still posting the most terrible pics they can find of that figure. The original Supes figure is a fine figure (except for the shorts/belt).

MySSCSupes2.JPG

MySSCSupes3.jpg

Yeah it's definitely one of those "to each their own" situations because I am just about perfectly happy with the original Sideshow Supes figure except for the undies. I'm looking forward to the new one but the first one I very much enjoy regardless.

S8x0Bm2.jpg

X7xOUEV.jpg

I will say though the head is a smidge too big for the body and wouldn't hurt from a body swap, and I've considered doing it in the near future for this or the upcoming Supes figure. We'll see once that figure comes out. The body I found seems to work perfectly size and shape-wise.

evQ6y4I.jpg

Personally, i can't stand the head om that origimal figure--and I love the new head, because to me it looks like a Franl Quitely drawing. But thats just my preference.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Here?s mine with a body swap (a Frankenstein body: KP epic body V.2 + KP epic body V.1 hips). Looks just like the premium format.

8ADBFE1F-E2AA-4B71-9353-B456BD394402.jpeg

Attachments

• 97E45ACE-65FB-441F-A384-AD25E46CFDC9.jpeg
    97E45ACE-65FB-441F-A384-AD25E46CFDC9.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 5855D5F0-7CC6-48E5-BED7-501D228D6848.jpeg
    5855D5F0-7CC6-48E5-BED7-501D228D6848.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 196
My main issue with the original body are the neck being too thin and the chest too flat. Otherwise it?s a great superhero type body. I used it for a reporter Clark kent figure since the thin neck worked well for a regular shirt and added enough bulk to the neck that the head no longer looked out of scale.

I will say though the head is a smidge too big for the body and wouldn't hurt from a body swap, and I've considered doing it in the near future for this or the upcoming Supes figure. We'll see once that figure comes out. The body I found seems to work perfectly size and shape-wise.

evQ6y4I.jpg
Very nice pics! The trunks are fixable. It just takes time. If you undo the top stitch on all the belt loops then loop them over the top edge of the trunks with a dab of fabric glue, they?ll be perfect. I did that for my V1 and it makes a world of difference.

Also, as a quick note, you need to modify the ankle joint on that Worldbox body or the SS foot peg as Sideshow figures use a ridiculously large ball joint for their bodies.
Here?s mine with a body swap (a Frankenstein body: KP epic body V.2 + KP epic body V.1 hips). Looks just like the premium format.

View attachment 494796

Very nice 16k :clap

I google Kaustik Plastik epic body but didn?t find anything that matched that name. Just Heroik and others with a KP02/03. Do you mind further explaining/showing which body you used? I?m interested in this build in case my Frankensteined body doesn?t work out. Thanks!

I guess you are right, Gipetto. I did that such a long time ago that I forgot the exact name. It is heroik indeed. And my explanation was inexact too.

Here’s the correct explanation:
KP did two versions of that body, one with dark, orange skin, larger hipS and larger legs. The other version had thinner hips and legs with a normal skin color. So what I did is use the top part of the lighter version down to the hips and use the larger legs. If you chose this road, the mod is easy to to, just unscrew and exchange the parts. The only difficulty will be the ankles, too large for Supes boots. So what I did was remove the extender socket they come with and glue a standard TTM socket instead. You’ll also have to add bulk to the peg that goes into the shoe part (I used epoxy). And you’re done.

I think I also needed to mod the head peg.

I guess you are right, Gipetto. I did that such a long time ago that I forgot the exact name. It is heroik indeed. And my explanation was inexact too.

Here’s the correct explanation:
KP did two versions of that body, one with dark, orange skin, larger hipS and larger legs. The other version had thinner hips and legs with a normal skin color. So what I did is use the top part of the lighter version down to the hips and use the larger legs. If you chose this road, the mod is easy to to, just unscrew and exchange the parts. The only difficulty will be the ankles, too large for Supes boots. So what I did was remove the extender socket they come with and glue a standard TTM socket instead. You’ll also have to add bulk to the peg that goes into the shoe part (I used epoxy). And you’re done.

I think I also needed to mod the head peg.

Cool! Thank you so much for explaining further :hi5: This helps a bunch! I know a lot of ppl like using the Phicen M34/35, but I just don't like that body for Superman, so I've been trying to find and/or put something together that I like better. Not knocking anyone who likes to use the Phicen body (I did for my V1 before I sold it), it's a great body with awesome articulation, but I wasn't satisfied with the end result on my end. So, I really appreciate seeing what other ppl are using.

Yeah it's definitely one of those "to each their own" situations because I am just about perfectly happy with the original Sideshow Supes figure except for the undies. I'm looking forward to the new one but the first one I very much enjoy regardless.

S8x0Bm2.jpg

X7xOUEV.jpg

evQ6y4I.jpg

I may still this idea! I have been looking for a good base body for this guy for a LONG time. Were you able to switch over the suit okay to the new body?

Emails are out, this arrives in the warehouse Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Although I decided against based on what I?ve seen, I?m reeeallly curious to see what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great to hear! I didn't order from SS since there was no exclusive, so I'll have to wait a little longer. I'll hopefully have mine by the end of September or first week of October

Last edited:
I may still this idea! I have been looking for a good base body for this guy for a LONG time. Were you able to switch over the suit okay to the new body?

I haven't yet because I'm waiting for a second sideshow superman to arrive to act as my guinea pig, sorry about that! But, I got the idea of using this worldbox body from a thread on the OneSixthFigures forum. The only thing I'd try to modify is to shorten the lower legs.

sm_jb_13.jpg

Apparently the new Sideshow Superman is releasing very soon so It'll be 1/6 superman overload for me :rock

that looks pretty good. I just wish the abs showed through a little more but can't help that I suppose. hands look a little small but that's Worldbox's fault for including regular hands on such a large body. i'm willing to bet HT Thor or Superman hands will be the proper size for that body. That body is definitely in the running now if my custom body doesn't pan out.

I haven't yet because I'm waiting for a second sideshow superman to arrive to act as my guinea pig, sorry about that! But, I got the idea of using this worldbox body from a thread on the OneSixthFigures forum. The only thing I'd try to modify is to shorten the lower legs.

That's going to be quite the task considering one of the key things about Worldbox bodies are the high grade-strong/durable plastic they use. I remember their early videos showed them throwing these things into concrete walls and floors, dropping them from crazy heights etc to display how durable the bodies are.

Back