1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dislike these "Unsealed and Revealed" videos solely b/c the guy doing the unboxing just doesn't know what he's doing 99% of the time.

With that said, the neck joint looks awful. Wondering if cutting right up the the hairline then around up to just below the earlobes like your standard neckless headsculpt would help the look and articulation. Also, it doesn't seem like the guy even tried hard enough to actually pose the head.

BUT, I am sooo glad they got rid of the raised 3D plastic chest symbol and went with a screen printed S. I didn't mind the 3D S (I was going to get it either way), but this looks so much better. Everything is really well done from the suit to accessories, aside from that headsculpt. But, I have my V1 repainted heads that will hopefully go well on this. Just wonder what the best body will be for this guy. Definitely not going for the M34/35 like I know a lot of ppl will. Maybe an M33 or a HT BvS/JL superman body instead. I have frankensteined body I might try on this.

Lastly, I'm pretty disappointed they didn't end up putting a design on the base and left it black. Super lazy on their part. They put a design on Bats and Joker during production, but not Sups. All the marvel figures have base designs as well. Makes me think Wonder Woman and Harley won't end up having a base design either, which is really unfortunate. I feel like the base design gives these a little more personality.

Last edited:
That clown doesn't seem to have any idea how to use a waist grabber stand.
He makes the most unnatural poses ever.
Literally anyone on here would have done that job better than him.

His laugh is pretty annoying to!

The bodies SS use aren't they best but I do love how these figures pop on the shelf, my eye is always drawn to them walking in the room. Joker, Flash, Batman and soon Superman, lots of colour compared to my Hot Toys.

I wonder why they are using Phicen bodies for the female figures but not the males.

Really hoping they do some more villains now. Riddler, Penguin and Two Face would look great next to Joker.

Must be a lot of people cancelling this guy because by the time I got through the Queue in live chat they didn’t even want to ask why I was cancelling and refunded my deposit without question.

Heh, maybe if people cancel figures they'll improve these mediocre demo videos.

The neck is no biggy for me. I'm never going to pose him in an extreme flight pose anyway--maybe a landing or hover pose. He's going in front of my developing SSC Justice League display.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Heh, maybe if people cancel figures they'll improve these mediocre demo videos.

The neck is no biggy for me. I'm never going to pose him in an extreme flight pose anyway--maybe a landing or hover pose. He's going in front of my developing SSC Justice League display.

Likewise but I just hope these sell well enough to get more characters.

Likewise but I just hope these sell well enough to get more characters.
Same. They velocity of 1/6 releases seems to have increased, so hopefully that's a good sign, but I was disappointed that only Harley was revealed during the "con".

I really need a Green Lantern, and a Bane with a phicen body.

... and a "classic" Lex Luthor ('cause I?m not dreaming, Sideshow will be too cheap and lazy to make one in armor).
Yeah, armoured Lex would ve great. I'd also love a Sinestro.

... and a "classic" Lex Luthor ('cause I’m not dreaming, Sideshow will be too cheap and lazy to make one in armor).

yup I've been asking for that since their DC 1/6 figures started. There's tons of cool villains that can be done but I'm sure they'll spend most of the their resources first for redoing all their v1 characters first. So Catwoman and Green Lantern left for them to do. Flash was a port over from the first run that just took forever to come out.

C18495CD-555D-495B-999B-B291D71E55A2.jpeg

It’s really growing on me. I like it better than in the promo pics:

8BC344E9-25E1-41C2-B618-846393DBEB56.jpeg

A2DD6A0D-7D06-42F0-B89A-7CE23EF416F7.jpeg

AD5C6DF1-4FE6-410D-8060-AF7B5EE9DA40.jpeg

He got a lot more tan from Proto to Production :lol but overall it’s a good looking figure and the suit fits the body properly this time unlike the V1. Tony Mei made some suits for the V1 body and they looked great, so I think the problem really was the cut/sew of the V1 suit and trunks. As for this figure, I’m happy with what we’re getting overall and looking forward to receiving it. This will be my last figure of the year unless I find something worth it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Last edited:
He got a lot more tan from Proto to Production :lol but overall it?s a good looking figure and the suit fitS the body properly this time unlike the V1. Tony Mei made some suits for the V1 body and they looked great so I think the problem really was the cut/sew of the V1 suit and trunks. I?m happy with what we?re getting and looking forward to receiving it. This will be my last figure of the year unless I find something worth it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Not getting Wonder Woman? I'm looking forward to seeing how she turns out.

Not getting Wonder Woman? I'm looking forward to seeing how she turns out.

I'm waiting until we get a review or in hand pics first before I order her. I have $50 in RPs at Alter Ego Comics that I'll use on her if she comes out well. I like the look overall but not a fan of the hair sculpt on her. I think there's just a little too much going on there that it looks like a giant block of black plastic. So, I really need to see more before I order. I'm just glad the EX for her isn't a must have.

I always hated how they paint the sculpt on their prototypes and release a tampon printed one for retail and charge you HT prices.

I always hated how they paint the sculpt on their prototypes and release a tampon printed one for retail and charge you HT prices.
You're going to have to clarify why you mean by that.

Back