Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the vastus medialis on the quads (that teardrop shape muscle right above the knee) that makes it look like that. And yes, in a muscular person, they should definitely be that well developed.

I mentioned the same concern in my YouTube video. Not only is his head turned far to the left, his eyes are turned even further left. Not a dealbreaker, but display options might be limited.

Excellent point, but I honestly like it like this. I think you'll be able to fit more on the same shelf, as opposed to his shoulders squared up and him looking straight ahead. I could be wrong, as it alll of the depends on the base too, but I like it a lot.

I'm really happy with the direction of this piece, so far.

That's the vastus medialis on the quads (that teardrop shape muscle right above the knee) that makes it look like that. And yes, in a muscular person, they should definitely be that well developed.

Thank you for the scientific explanation :) however I can't find any examples in comics or real people where it looks like that. Feel free to post any pics where the knee looks like it's bulging inwards due to muscle

What's wrong with translucent resin?

Imo it's great when used appropriately. Though it's not nearly as important when the statue is not based on a actors likeness.
After the Gal Gadot WW PF resin face disaster, I'm a little worried also that they may go this route. I hope they just stick to a polystone sculpt for the face with this Supes PF.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

After the WW Gal Gadot PF resin face disaster, I'm a little worried also and hope they stick to a polystone sculpt for the face with this Supes PF.

Agreed, sideshow haven't mastered translucent sculpts and the final product needs to look at least somewhat like the teaser pics. Fingers crossed

Agreed, sideshow haven't mastered translucent sculpts and the final product needs to look at least somewhat like the teaser pics. Fingers crossed
Yup. My fingers, toes and everything else are crossed, lol.

I cancelled my WW PF to get this one. Plz Sideshow, don't mess this one up.

I think that was a good call however there will be a long wait for this piece. In terms of what my WW statue will be I'll decide between prime 1 new 52 and the newly announced sideshow. Great time to be a collector anyway !

I think that was a good call however there will be a long wait for this piece. In terms of what my WW statue will be I'll decide between prime 1 new 52 and the newly announced sideshow. Great time to be a collector anyway !
Well I won't mind the wait as long as they get the production piece right.

I have to say, this one is growing on me. I'm most likely getting the other 2 and while I already have the "classic" Superman, I may switch out for this one to have a matching Trinity.

Why do sideshow sometimes sculpt knees that stick out at a weird angle like the old batman PF?

um2uIhK.jpg

Am talking about how the inner thigh goes in then out again. My knee doesn't look like that but then neither do my abs or package... so maybe it's just me lol maybe that's what muscular bodies look like but they are never drawn in the comics like that :dunno

Yup. lamtsunfung, you explained it perfectly. Nice job!

He's so beautiful! I'm getting anxious. When are they gonna put him up for PO?? Arrrg!!

This Superman is just too nice for me to pass up on. I am not a big fan of the new 52, but this is easily one of the best face sculpts I have seen yet on a Superman Statue and his overall figure looks amazing as well. The only thing I don't really like is his belt, but given how amazing the rest of the statue looks, its something that will be easy to overlook. Are they releasing a new Wonder Woman as well?

This Superman is just too nice for me to pass up on. I am not a big fan of the new 52, but this is easily one of the best face sculpts I have seen yet on a Superman Statue and his overall figure looks amazing as well. The only thing I don't really like is his belt, but given how amazing the rest of the statue looks, its something that will be easy to overlook. Are they releasing a new Wonder Woman as well?
I couldn't get into the new 52 Superman but Superman reborn brought me back - he is more the Superman I grew up with - this piece looks amazing - I will be adding him to my collection

Exactly how I feel. Don't like the belt but the rest is so good as not to care about that. I think this may end up being my first statue.

Back