Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one that can't stop looking at the Instagram pics? Lol.

Plz God let the production piece be close to this prototype.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I think it will be. Nothing particularly difficult about this sculpt that I can see.

I don't know, this is a Sideshow we're talking about :dunno

But I guess in the past year they have been more successful with their comic pieces, over their movie tie in pieces anyway.

It's tough to pass up a Superman statue. I'll probably have to get this one. Looks like the EX is the Brainiac head.

View attachment 386349

Looks really good. So far this is the only one from the Trinity that we could really call a Rebirth piece.

uyzgakh7tb137dgpndbj.png

Yeah i'll have to break my rule of not pre-ordering before seeing the prototype as I'll want the EX on this...

I'm thinking of how that cape attaches to his body. Could there be magnets on the upper chest and on both ends of his cape? I think that would be very nice and clean. Would benefit those who'd customize a bearded Rebirth Superman in capeless black+silver suit.

Looks great but I'm wondering about the display options considering he is looking over his shoulder. This may limit some folks.

Looks great but I'm wondering about the display options considering he is looking over his shoulder. This may limit some folks.

Yeah I agree.

I'm thinking collectors may not have a choice but to display him looking off to the side. Or at least not looking directly.

Yeah I agree.

I'm thinking collectors may not have a choice but to display him looking off to the side. Or at least not looking directly.

I mentioned the same concern in my YouTube video. Not only is his head turned far to the left, his eyes are turned even further left. Not a dealbreaker, but display options might be limited.

I mentioned the same concern in my YouTube video. Not only is his head turned far to the left, his eyes are turned even further left. Not a dealbreaker, but display options might be limited.

It is also a reason I thought the Thanos statue should have had a head sculpt looking straight ahead.

It is also a reason I thought the Thanos statue should have had a head sculpt looking straight ahead.

I still bought Thanos but i reckon his head sculpt should be looking straight to. Maybe someone can not only make an alt head but make an alt head facing forward along with an alternate arm and hand to change the look of the statue.

Oh man ...loving this statue more and more!

Surprised me that SSC showed these sneak pics today. So amped!

36lhHrf.jpg

um2uIhK.jpg

Wow. The sculpting is stellar. At least you can expect this aspect to carry over to the production piece and his body is mostly just blue so surely they can't mess this up. Also looks like he is semi floating which is cool

Edit: Anyone think this will be pvc as only one foot connects to the base so it will have to be lighter?

Oh yea ...forgot to mention that. Supes looks to be in a floating pose. Love that!

Not sure about PVC, tho. Hoping they use minimum PVC ...or no PVC at all.

Oh yea ...forgot to mention that. Supes looks to be in a floating pose. Love that!

Not sure about PVC, tho. Hoping they use minimum PVC ...or no PVC at all.

After the Swamp Thing and the Predator Bust fiascos (not to mention the original Man of Steel fiasco), I can't imagine that they'll use PVC for the main body. They'll be asking for trouble if they did that.

Heck if they went the PVC route, then they should really make him float like those Beast Kingdom figures/statues.

Why do sideshow sometimes sculpt knees that stick out at a weird angle like the old batman PF?

um2uIhK.jpg

Am talking about how the inner thigh goes in then out again. My knee doesn't look like that but then neither do my abs or package... so maybe it's just me lol maybe that's what muscular bodies look like but they are never drawn in the comics like that :dunno

Why do sideshow sometimes sculpt knees that stick out at a weird angle like the old batman PF?

Am talking about how the inner thigh goes in then out again. My knee doesn't look like that but then neither do my abs or package... so maybe it's just me lol maybe that's what muscular bodies look like but they are never drawn in the comics like that :dunno

It's a normal thing

Back