1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20161020_152940.jpg
Love this guy. Keeping my eyes open for an exclusive version. I want that rifle.

Why not jus make one? There's wwii gun sets out there that have this rifle in it. Take the magazine off, paint black, $200 saved

I cast my Scout's EX rifle before I sold the figure and merged that cast with an MG42. I didn't like how SSC cheaped out a bit on the Ex rifle by just making the barrel vents as shallow sculpt lines, no actual "see-through"/depth. So I merged the stock end of the SSC gun with a modded MG42, plus added a few greeblies to the scope/stock area.

It looks much better than the SSC rifle, more real, but even just a straight MG42 would also look better. My custom rifle's now with my custom Biker Scout.

Wow amazing display what do you use for the grass?
I'm also looking for the exclusive, not the same with out the sniper rifle

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I used dried moss. Got a bag with dried moss, one with dried moss and pieces wood, 2 plastic plants and threw this together in 10 minutes. Costs about 7 euro's in total.

That looks great, Crovax! That'd take me a lot longer than ten minutes to put together. Something like that with the speederbike behind it would look awesome.

Okay, looks like this is in stock again and I am trying to figure out if I want to pull the trigger or not. I have an old Hasbro 1/6 Speeder Bike (I know it's a tad large) just sitting empty without a Scout on top and I can't decide if I want to buy the Scout Trooper or sell the bike.

but, will he look good on top of the Hasbro bike?

Of course he will! That's what I did. The Hasbro bike isn't as detailed, but for $300 more for the Sideshow one, I can settle for less detail... The difference isn't as obvious as the two different Tauntauns (Hasbro VS Sideshow). But I ended up not using the bike, takes up too much space for me.

It's a little oversized (even width-wise) but Hasbro really did a great job with their bike. With some custom work, it can look nearly as good as the Sideshow version.

For me the SS scout trooper can look great on the old hasbro bike...View attachment 303801
6a86a4e2f5fefb63d772db71dcc02968.jpg

Totally agree.
It's a little oversized (even width-wise) but Hasbro really did a great job with their bike. With some custom work, it can look nearly as good as the Sideshow version.
Wow! great pics guys! Thanks for sharing. I am really tempted now to pull the trigger knowing the figure will look good on my Hasbro Bike, and I am even thinking of getting my old modeling pain out and doing some weathering.

My last question is about quality of the figure and how much better might a Hot Toys version be down the road. I mean there is better and there is BETTER, and a lot of that has to do with how good the Sideshow figure is. I have upgraded almost all of my previous Sideshow figures to Hot Toys versions except for one- Boba Fett. I like the ESB colors just fine and while the Hot Toys figure may be "better", it wasn't enough better to me to make an "upgrade" worth it. If I pick up this Scout Trooper, I want to feel the same way about it, and even if a better version comes down the line I don't want to feel like it is really that much better that I will regret having this one or feel I need to replace it. The basic execution of how the Sideshow Fett figure was made was good and a "better" figure down the line by another company can't take away from that. So, how well is this Scout Trooper made, how do you think it will stand up over time? How many people do you think will want to upgrade if and when Hot Toys does a version down the road?

Back