1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one thinks the helmet is accurate - everyone has known since this was previewed at SDCC the helmet is all kinds of wrong. Almost everyone however, loves the figure in spite of that, which is the same reason I ordered. The whole is better than the individual parts.

Trooper on bike simply look too good to resist. It's a must have for me.

I am waiting for funds to arrive before making my move.:lol

:exactly: It's the best 1/6 Scout available right now. If HT makes a better one years from now I'll get that one too. Not willing to wait for that to happen. :nono

Curious how many other 1/6 Scouts are out there: Hasbro, maybe Koto (though that is closer to 1/7, but superb), Gentle Giant Jumbo LOL. Any others? The Hasbro 12" has parts of the helmet that look better than SSC.

Curious how many other 1/6 Scouts are out there: Hasbro, maybe Koto (though that is closer to 1/7, but superb), Gentle Giant Jumbo LOL. Any others? The Hasbro 12" has parts of the helmet that look better than SSC.

And the Tomy (helmet only.) Yeah, the hasbro helmet is more accurate then the SSC. I'm using the SSC (turned away slightly) for the bike and using the custom Hasbro Biker for display next to it. The SSC also looks great with the rifle, which pulls it away from the need to be movie accurate.

And the Tomy (helmet only.) Yeah, the hasbro helmet is more accurate then the SSC. I'm using the SSC (turned away slightly) for the bike and using the custom Hasbro Biker for display next to it. The SSC also looks great with the rifle, which pulls it away from the need to be movie accurate.

Forgot about Tomy. That was closer to 1/7 wasn't it?

Gentle giant bust too better helm then ssc

Paint apps a little rough, but that one is excellent.

Biker-Scout-head.jpg

Forgot about Tomy. That was closer to 1/7 wasn't it?

It's not as undersized as the other Tomy helmets for some reason (their ATAT helmet is incredible - but very noticeably 1/7 scale), and actually passes for 1/6 pretty well, but yeah a little too small.

Paint apps a little rough, but that one is excellent.

Biker-Scout-head.jpg

It's not as undersized as the other Tomy helmets for some reason (their ATAT helmet is incredible - but very noticeably 1/7 scale), and actually passes for 1/6 pretty well, but yeah a little too small.

I own Vader, Stormie and AT-AT from Tomy. Vader and Stormie are bad, really bad. But AT-AT Driver is quite cool, still as you said 1/7, so too small. But it had almost all greeblies up there, just like Marmit. Crazy.

Don't own the GG Scout bust, but his snout is shorter than the long face SSC version, so looks quite cool and more accurate.

The Tomy Scout helmet is really not that small. If you compare the two it looks great. Being that SSC is a tad oversized the tomy might just be in 1/6 scale. Plus the Tomy has the flip up option like the real helmets.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181422.548457.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181431.585732.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181439.274957.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181447.961594.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181457.298993.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181467.988604.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181475.757891.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440181483.411666.jpg

One thing that's been growing on me is the strap for the rifle. A bit weird maybe but I think it's adds a little extra touch of realism.

Other than the excessive weathering, I think SS knocked this figure out of the park!

55cf7843-f2f0-46b5-bcdd-042dc0331820.jpg

Like the shot but the black pants look really thin. I can see why there are all these mods going on. Looks like a lousy g.i.joe.

IMO Scout troopers always looked pretty big padded up soldiers in the ROTJ

Back