Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette

looks perfect, but im sure the nerds will find something to cry about.

When don't they find something to cry about on this forum. :lol

It would have been better if his left hand was holding webbing so he is suspended from some sort of gargoyle

The face is definitely the focal point of the piece and for some reason, I don't see Olivetti's "touch."
Based on that pic of his work, I think that is definitely a good thing. This is a great, iconic Spidey head sculpt. A wacky head sculpt would have been a deal breaker for me.

Based on that pic of his work, I think that is definitely a good thing. This is a great, iconic Spidey head sculpt. A wacky head sculpt would have been a deal breaker for me.

I overlooked the fact the final look of the statue does veer from the artwork quite a bit, especially the way the faces are done. We've already seen that with Venom and Carnage. Both times I had seen the print and the statue at the same time and was able to compare. Not seeing the print this time around kind of threw me off and for some reason other people panicking about this not looking Olivetti-esque worried me.

I was dumb to doubt that this wasn't part of the trio. We'll see the print next week and it will most likely be very Olivetti.

Anyone else think that this one was going to be a PPO? I know Carnage wasn't and I wasn't around at the time for Venom.

I like it and will end up getting it to complete the set, but there's something about it that seems almost feminine.

seems almost feminine.
Well, he's not a roided up freak like most Marvel characters. But he isn't supposed to be. Spidey is a sinewy, lanky contortionist. I guess that makes him "feminine" in relation to someone like the Hulk or Juggernaut. But that's just his look, IMO.

6833venomcom_02.jpg

042210carnage_01190410.jpg

061010spiderman_02.jpg

Just thought I'd post these together.

I like it. Think it looks great.
.. but I am :loling at all the love for this piece when its so similar in pose to the much hated on PF pose.

Looks way different from the PF to me. It isn't the pose necessarily that I dislike about that one (though the new one is more Spidey-like to me), but the face looks weird and the partially fabric clothes don't work well.

In a lot of the comics, Spidey appeared to be scrawny, so the thin build doesnt bother me. The pf is like Spidey on roids compared to this one.

Back