Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette

Spideycomiquette.jpg
Skinny arms I can deal with, but the freaky looking package is an issue. . .

Head looks just about perfect, IMO.

this is it :slap

Nice. I didn't want to end up buying another Spidey if this wasn't it.

After looking at my Venom and pictures of Carnage again it looks like they should go well together...I think.

Been wanting a spidey badly so this will be in the collection, but i share alot of the same concerns, doesnt exactly wow me but i do like it.

Skinny arms I can deal with, but the freaky looking package is an issue. . .

Head looks just about perfect, IMO.

Well if your hitting Mary Jane & Black Cat everyday, your junk might be a little deformed as well...

I dont like it! His eyes are too enormously small! The pose is too dynamically bland! This scale is too big...I wish it were 1:1! I wish the artist that I didnt like that done it! It makes me angry, cause we have so many Spider-Man statues cause I hate when they do the obscure characters...:panic:

Consider this bought! End of story.

:exactly:

Well said...

Can't wait for more pics! Also can't wait for the preorder! I'm all over this. Finally, I can add a Spidey to my Sideshow collection.

Well if your hitting Mary Jane & Black Cat everyday, your junk might be a little deformed as well...

toooooo funny to get passed over and lost in this thread. Ill buy it if its under 280....... or wait for it on ebay at 250 no tax

Gotta admit the thigh is freaky, but hot diggity damn, it's a Spidey comiquette!!!! Venom, check. Carnage, check. Spidey....tempted to buy two of them. lmfao.

-CG

comiquette is definitely olivetti style

018062777.jpg

I can definitely see how the body of the comiquette reflects that unique Olivetti style, but I can't say the same about the face/mask based on that picture.

Now, don't get me wrong. I REALLY like this piece already, but I'm just surprised that this comiquette is Olivetti-inspired, after seeing what became of the Venom and Carnage comiquettes. The face is definitely the focal point of the piece and for some reason, I don't see Olivetti's "touch."

I've been looking for more Olivetti Spider-Man art, but can't find any. Can anyone post more to go off of?

They don't sculpt completely based off Olivetti's art anyways. Look at the prints for Venom and Carnage and compare it with the final sculpt.

They don't sculpt completely based off Olivetti's art anyways. Look at the prints for Venom and Carnage and compare it with the final sculpt.

That's a good point. I guess I was just looking for more of that artistic "spin" that I saw with the first, two pieces in this line. I definitely like this piece though. :rock

A few minor complaints aside, I will be ordering this piece. Now if they make a modern Thor and Spidey 2099 I can be done collecting Marvel statues.

Unless they make my obscure guys in Death's Head II and Sleepwalker.

My first thought was that his general pose looks a lot like the Spidey PF.

The upper torso and front extending arm sure. But the rear arm is completely different and the legs which are clinging onto a wall as apposed to standing on one.

Back