1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got round to ordering this. Got friends in Australia who are visiting the U.K. later this year so Popctcha are sending to them with free shipping and they’re going to deliver it to me in a few months. £179 in total so very happy with that. Undecided about the Probe Droid or Biker Scout next.

I had a 20% voucher I was going to use for this Sideshow Snow Commander figure, but decided I won't go for it, will keep the voucher for Hot Toys Emperor. The AT-AT Driver might be my last 1/6 Sideshow figure, except if they make a Death Star Droid or something similar. This trooper is nice, but every time I look at it, I only see its flaws, especially when I compare it to the Hot Toys proto. Bye-bye Sideshow!

Finally got round to ordering this. Got friends in Australia who are visiting the U.K. later this year so Popctcha are sending to them with free shipping and they’re going to deliver it to me in a few months. £179 in total so very happy with that. Undecided about the Probe Droid or Biker Scout next.

How much was the shipping? I ask because if you ship it to an Australian address you are paying an extra 10% in tax that will be taken off the price if you ship to the UK. So it's not exactly free shipping in your case.

How much was the shipping? I ask because if you ship it to an Australian address you are paying an extra 10% in tax that will be taken off the price if you ship to the UK. So it's not exactly free shipping in your case.

Well they've only charged me for the £179 which was the base price of the figure. I'm not sure if that's because the billing address is in the UK? It had marked as free shipping internally in Australia as the order was over $100AUS. The shipping to the UK isn't normally an issue but it's the import duty that's the killer. It may not have hit coming from Australia but when it does we have a basic £8 charge for handling plus the duty. I could end up with a £50 bill to pick the figure up on top of the shipping charge. I'm not sure if Popcultcha will help in regards to valuation declarations for Duty on items.

Got this at the same time as ROTJ Luke so this was obviously a bit underwhelming as a result. Nice figure but I’m just having a hard time figuring out if I prefer this to just have another Snowtrooper.

I think the top detolf lighting picks up a little bit of that Scream mask look that freaked us all out initially.

Got this at the same time as ROTJ Luke so this was obviously a bit underwhelming as a result. Nice figure but I’m just having a hard time figuring out if I prefer this to just have another Snowtrooper.

I think the top detolf lighting picks up a little bit of that Scream mask look that freaked us all out initially.

How many snowtroopers do you have? If it came down to two HT snowtroopers or one and this guy I would want the two snowtroopers. I reluctantly bought this guy because I have a bunch of snowtroopers. I don't regret the purchase I guess but it's hard to look at him and be happy after seeing the HT proto.

That’s my position. Have the one Snowtrooper and also the e-web cannon. I might be good with two and just waiting out the HT one, which might be never.

That’s my position. Have the one Snowtrooper and also the e-web cannon. I might be good with two and just waiting out the HT one, which might be never.

Would definitely go with 2 HT snowies if you have the cannon. With or without the commander.

Got this from a boardie last week. Really nice looking figure. Looks great with the HT Trooper.

8A60997C-6742-4752-825C-DD404EC683C2.jpeg
B3D6F1BD-C510-4F1A-AF87-C125BDAA65DF.jpeg

They do actually look good together. Mine is sitting at my friend's house in Australia until they come over to the UK in a few months. I have to be patient until then.

The figure looks good overall but the boots seem weird to me. The pristine white of the Commander is an interesting contrast to the more dirtied normal Trooper.

The figure looks good overall but the boots seem weird to me. The pristine white of the Commander is an interesting contrast to the more dirtied normal Trooper.

At least we know that's movie accurate... even if it is a little jarring when compared to the 'dirty' regular trooper. From Coco's photos at least the top of the helmet and the eye areas have some synergy which helps them as a pairing.

scored one of these for £150 last night unopened , the seller is marking as a gift marking the price down and sending slower post but bet I still get hit with fee's but getting it for £150 all in to start with I can't complain too much if I do get hit

about right the commander sits nice and safe away from the action so wouldn't get his uniform dirty

about right the commander sits nice and safe away from the action so wouldn't get his uniform dirty
I’m not saying it’s wrong, I was just meaning it’s kind of a cool contrast between the two. It makes sense that he’d be more pristine looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think, Coco?

I like it. Initially I passed because it’s Sideshow and I was thinking HT was gonna do theirs but it’s actually a nice figure. Much better than the regular Snowtrooper they did.

I just wish they’d make the hands so that they grip the weapons tight. I had to use a little blue tac.

Got this from a boardie last week. Really nice looking figure. Looks great with the HT Trooper.

View attachment 417687

It really is a pretty nice looking figure that seems to get more flak than it deserves.

Though it is amazing to look closely and compare the two chest armor pieces. The width of the trim is huge and prominent on the SSC vs the HT, while the width of the area where the rank badge sits is 1/3 wider on the HT version than on the SSC - yet it's supposed to be the same costume piece. And the SSC armor looks quite flat vs the HT that is noticeably more "pigeon-chested" and curved backward.

While the red buttons are wrong, the HT chest armor is very accurate.

View attachment 417687

It really is a pretty nice looking figure that seems to get more flak than it deserves. Though the SSC does have quite a few inaccuracies if you look closer.

Comparing the two chest armor pieces, the width of the trim is huge and prominent on the SSC vs the HT, while the width of the area where the rank badge sits is 1/3 wider on the HT version than on the SSC - yet it's supposed to be the same costume piece. And the SSC armor looks quite flat vs the HT that is noticeably more "pigeon-chested" and curved backward. While the red buttons are wrong, the HT chest armor is very accurate.

And the shoulder armor pieces are maybe 30% larger on the SSC vs the HT, and the sculpt of the details (the raised lines and trim) isn't quite correct to the costume. The shoulder armor is obviously meant to be the same on the reg Snowie vs commander, just flipped around.

Back