1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks good enough. And i need an officer for my AT-AT driver and snowtrooper. They are acting silly, doing funny poses without any supervisor.

Understandably he looks good next to the AT-AT Driver. Similar height, same style gloves. HT one looks like the odd one out in that pic.

Can really see the true gray of the Driver when it’s next to a stark white figure.

Caved and ordered this guy. :slap Had a $25 coupon that expired tonight so that tipped the balance. Anyway, nice to complete the Sideshow Hoth trooper trio I suppose. This will likely be my last Sideshow figure, been on board since the beginning 13 years ago. I can't continue to justify the cost of these given Sideshow's quality issues.

Coming sooner then later.....

l;'l;'l.jpg

Wow...from another fan FB site. My first thought was "Hes awefully tall" but the moon boots do raise him up....

Maybe Commander Snowy McFlurry is just a tall guy....

FB_IMG_1518692865982.jpg

Wow...from another fan FB site. My first thought was "Hes awefully tall" but the moon boots do raise him up....

Maybe Commander Snowy McFlurry is just a tall guy....

View attachment 393778

The HT Snowie is a bit on the short side - maybe 1/4" or so below 12", and I assume the SSC Commander is, like most of SSC's recent troopers (the two TIE pilots and ATAT driver) about 1/8" to 1/4" over 12".

One thing that's clear in that pic - the hand armor is way bigger on the SSC vs HT, despite onscreen the Commander and regular Snowie in theory having the same hand armor.

Funny how people wanted intended shorter stormtrooper and when it comes to snowtroopers it's a problem. In the end he is the commander, not some shortpants. I think it's ok.

hoping this will still be instock in a months time so I can use my reward points from 3 figures on this

will be a stand in until hot toys do their snowtrooper commander if they ever make it or is that never getting made?

This figure looks great in my opinion. I'm not sure hot HT would have done that much better...

Helmet and boots were far superior on the HT. Armor sculpting was better too. You can also bet your ace that paintwork and stock body would have been better on the HT as well. Not to mention better scaling.

Unfortunately this is what we are getting so I must settle. My Snowtrooper army needs a commander :dunno

HTs won't release theirs for at least a few years if they do end up releasing it. I'm going to wait. Hoping for some troopers from the Solo movie to feed my Imperial Troopers addiction for now.

Helmet and boots were far superior on the HT. Armor sculpting was better too. You can also bet your ace that paintwork and stock body would have been better on the HT as well. Not to mention better scaling.

Unfortunately this is what we are getting so I must settle. My Snowtrooper army needs a commander :dunno

There are days where I am glad my eye is not quite as critical as others. Looks good to me. I rarely feel like HT does a better job with boots and gloves myself.

Yeap, the Sideshow is ok, but the HT version is above it, no discussion. I might get the SSC though, because I don't think we'll see the HT commander released too soon, if ever alas

Back