1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was NO hot toys commander, it was the SS one all along they were showing. People just thought it was HT and of course it had to be "perfect" because every HT product is flawless. Once it was found out to be from SS it was of course junk.

Snowtrooper.jpg

I'm thinking this image says differently. So Sideshow had one that looked close to perfect, displayed it on a HT base and then reworked the entire thing to something worse by the time they exhibited it next? It's been developed since the right hand image to something better but still not as good as the image on the left. While there was no confirmation that it was a HT figure I'm leaning towards it being originally planned as such. I think people thought it was junk because it looked much worse when the confirmed SS version was shown. And I'm someone who loves the SSC figures I have.

There was NO hot toys commander, it was the SS one all along they were showing. People just thought it was HT and of course it had to be "perfect" because every HT product is flawless. Once it was found out to be from SS it was of course junk.

Not sure if serious.

Of course it was Hot Toys, on a Hot Toys base standing with other Hot Toys figures.

And the coat is 100% the same HT used on the regular trooper. Of course it was HT figure, no doubt about it.

Yeah, and the sudden release of the SSC Luke Jedi make me think that we’ll see a HT version, hope soon

Yes indeed, I was referring the snowie and now that both companies are beginning to release products at the same time, it not seems crazy thinking that we’ll see soon both commanders

I would be fan of that. HT needs competition more than never. We as customers can only profit from that scenario.

Except it seems instead of competition driving prices down it just brings SSC prices up to match HT and HT higher because of quality and SSC up to match again and the cycle continues.

When production costs and customers are fixed I don’t really see a case where competition of the exact same version of character would bring costs down. If anything it would mean they would would potentially make a smaller volume, which would drive prices up.

Sideshow’s next figure will be an interesting one. A few people have mentioned, even casually, that it may be SSC’s last figure and that’s why they went with Luke Jedi to close the circle.

It’ll be very interesting to see what they offer us next and maybe we can see the a little of the reasoning behind this Jedi Luke.

Unfortunately I think the Sequel shelf warmers have been the nail in several HT release coffins. If it wasn’t for massively overproducing FO Troopers of all denominations that just aren’t selling we may have seen several more previewed figures be released.

Sideshow’s next figure will be an interesting one. A few people have mentioned, even casually, that it may be SSC’s last figure and that’s why they went with Luke Jedi to close the circle.

It’ll be very interesting to see what they offer us next and maybe we can see the a little of the reasoning behind this Jedi Luke.

Last 1/6 figure or last 1/6 Star Wars figure?

Either scenario would be surprising.

Unfortunately I think the Sequel shelf warmers have been the nail in several HT release coffins. If it wasn’t for massively overproducing FO Troopers of all denominations that just aren’t selling we may have seen several more previewed figures be released.

giphy.gif

Ha... I didn't think I was typing anything that would require a comfy seat and a bowl of snacks...

I meant last SW figure. But I'd be surprised if it was. As with any major toy or collectible line the development time would indicate the SSC Luke Jedi has been planned for some time and none of us will really know how much each company knew about the others releases but with SSC being a distributor they obviously knew HT were going to have two separate figured to cover Luke's ROTJ appearances. Did that then influence SSCs decision to put two complete figures in one set at a reasonable price? if HT didn't know about SSCs release how has that affected their Luke Endor release? and in turn how will that affect their Leia Endor release?

I'm genuinely interested to see if this overlap of SSC and HT figures is just a massive coincidence and blip or if we do actually get this kind of thing happening more often. It's this that I was referring to as people were mentioning competition being healthy and whether prices might to up or down because of it. If they do just decide to have completely independent release schedules and sod any overlaps then there's more chance of the HT Snowie Commander seeing light of day.

I think when reading this thread there was a general consensus that HT first developed the figure but let SSC take over the release for some reason (and then develop their own figure entirely), maybe due to an overlap in release schedule. Maybe HT were happy to let it slide seeing as they'd done an FO Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper Officer, Stormtrooper Heavy Gunner, Stormtrooper Riot Control, Snowtrooper, Snowtrooper Officer, Flametrooper etc. Every Forbidden Planet or independent reseller I've visited still has FO troopers in detolf cases just sitting there... so maybe that's why the Snowie Commander and the Shoretrooper variants were shelved.

The problem with the fo trooper was a/ ot purists (like new) didn’t like the film. B/ they flooded the market too quickly.

The shoretrooper is like rocking horse poop now and the snowtrooper seems to have done well enough - against two variant packs was a bit greedy.

I haven't seen too much mention of this here, but maybe I missed it. I think they're actually just rebooting their line for the most part. They finished the bounty hunters and have been doing V2s of figures (Maul, Boba, Vader, Probe Droid, now ROTJ Luke) so I'm figuring we'll see some V2 prequel figures.

They also have that nice looking Mythos Obi-Wan figure coming out, so not sure if that counts as a different type of line, and the thinking would be that it's their last OT, or film Star Wars figure, but I'm just not buying it I guess. Almost seems like you'd want to announce that to get extra sales.

The problem with the fo trooper was a/ ot purists (like new) didn’t like the film. B/ they flooded the market too quickly.

The shoretrooper is like rocking horse poop now and the snowtrooper seems to have done well enough - against two variant packs was a bit greedy.

giphy.gif

3sxeHDR.jpg

NJZYZN4.jpg

H7UyV42.jpg

GOUWJt4.jpg

hYDZ5XM.jpg

SMjxqS4.jpg

GeftkMY.jpg

Overall it's a nice figure. A bit clean next to the regular troopers but I guess he is an officer. The mask is a soft rubber so articulates well. Gloves are usual sideshow bulky. Only real issue I have is the skirt rides too low at the front. Obvious solution is to pull it up, but because the belt is looped through it, pulling it up also raises the armour plate. Only solution would be surgery. Paint on the rank insignia is a bit sloppy but I didn't actually notice that until I looked at these pics on a 65"screen.

I'll try and post some more pics tomorrow night with the regular troopers and the At-At driver.

Back