Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up I'll see what I can do. Also it's funny the day I got the Muscle Body was the same day Hot Toys announced their new fully postable Muscle Body (with joints) for the Wolverine figure... :banghead

13b12499884594a814f6b470f1.jpg

Too bad for me :lol

Is it just me, or does that still look like rubber?

It does kind of. But lighting, photoshopping, and pre-production materials might play some role in making it look less like plastic than it actually will be. I would guess that his actual torso will be covered in rubber, even if the arms aren't.

Is it just me, or does that still look like rubber?

Looks pretty awesome to me. Aesthetically I think rubber looks a bit more lifelike than hard plastic, though I know it can wear fast. Especially for a character like Wolverine the layers of detail like veins and hair and stuff seems much more realistic. Just imagine if Duke's forearms looked that real with the hair for example.

Last edited:
Looks pretty awesome to me. Aesthetically I think rubber looks a bit more lifelike than hard plastic, though I know it can wear fast. Especially for a character like Wolverine the layers of detail like veins and hair and stuff seems much more realistic. Just imagine if Duke's forearms looked that real with the hair for example.

I've never argued that rubber didn't look more asthetically appealing, I'm just thinking of the maintenance nightmare. I think with HT's paint department, they could do that with sculpts and have just as good a result.

not really. it still has wrist articulation, elbow articulation and rotation right above the elbow joint. As far as I can tell the only thing missing that I think is on the prometheus is rotation below the elbow, but since there is rotation at the wrist, I don't think that matters much at all. The only reason you get that rotation is because they use a peg system. It actually creates problems as often as it solves because the arm can rotate out of alignment below the elbow and look backwards.

not really. it still has wrist articulation, elbow articulation and rotation right above the elbow joint. As far as I can tell the only thing missing that I think is on the prometheus is rotation below the elbow, but since there is rotation at the wrist, I don't think that matters much at all. The only reason you get that rotation is because they use a peg system. It actually creates problems as often as it solves because the arm can rotate out of alignment below the elbow and look backwards.

This body has less poseability than Hasbro's Joe body (which it looks like it might have been influenced by). Plus, no abdominal articulation, "butterfly" articulation nor neck articulation. Good for Wolverine, I guess even though you won't get that hunching, arm-splayed growl he's famous for, but poor for Duke.

Yes, but even still, you lose a bit of the natural poseability even fore the arms, making many of the natural full/half/easy guard gun poses impossible.

not really seeing what you mean. :confused: From the bicept down the only real difference articulation wise from the Pro is that it doesn't have the rotation below the elbow, which is actually a biproduct of having a peg system. It doesn't actually serve much of a functional purpose considering there is already rotation above the elbow joint and at the wrist. Real humans don't have articulation at that spot anyway! :lol

not really seeing what you mean. :confused: From the bicept down the only real difference articulation wise from the Pro is that it doesn't have the rotation below the elbow, which is actually a biproduct of having a peg system. It doesn't actually serve much of a functional purpose considering there is already rotation above the elbow joint and at the wrist. Real humans don't have articulation at that spot anyway! :lol

I'm talking about what we called "chicken wing syndrome" or the inability to tuck the elbow close to the body in firing positions so that it doesn't stick out. The TT overcomes this by allowing the shoulder move over the chest a bit, utilizing the double elbow joint and having a "scoop" in the forearm at the wrist for deeper articulation. None of those are present in that image.

EDIT: If I just wanted minimal articulation for Duke to just stand there with his helmet in one arm and his rifle at his side, I'd just wait for the inevitable PF.

Last edited:
I agree on the chest/shoulder. Disagree about a need for rotation point below the elbow. Also agree on some sort of space needs to be made at the wrist. For the most part that can be hidden on the inner forearm if done right and shouldn't hurt the aesthetics. I'd need to see how much restriction the wrists have on the Wolverine.

Oh, I didn't know he had reconstructive surgery. For serious. :lol

indeed, it's WAAAy twords the end of the marvel run.

This pic was snake eyes from the Devils due series

Snakeeyesunmasked.png

is it a body you can order like the true-type or do you have to take it from a specialized figure?

you've got to take it from a specialized figure, like Rocky, Rambo, Jack krauser, Dutch, Billy, etc.

thankfully, if you want one, you can get them off e-bay fairly consistnalty. Bear in mind that the rubber body, while looking nice, does have severely reduced articulation. the elbows are simply flat pieces of metal that you bend inside rubber muscles.

is it a body you can order like the true-type or do you have to take it from a specialized figure?

From time to time ToyAnxiety parts them out (Billy Soul, Rocky, Rambo, etc). But your best bet is ebaY. But the poseability sucks. Personally, I'd keep my eyes peeled for a loose Saturday Toys body.

Back